Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New version - opinions required

Hi guys
    Been working hard on my website and it's now getting popular enough that I have been considering "freshening" the look - more modern, informative and so on.
    The site is basically a portal -for "green" products, services, information, education, etc.
    Please check out my existing home page here:
    www.begreen.com.au

then compare it with my new version (not complete but you can see the basic concept):
    www.begreen.com.au/testing2.html

You comments and opinions appreciated. If I move to the new design it will mean LOTS of work and late nights to spread the new design over the site, so I want to make sure I'm doing something worthwhile.

Thanks
    Adam
    www.begreen.com.au
    The Environment Site for Australians

Re: New version - opinions required

Hi Adam,

I like some parts of the old site better than the new and some parts of the new better than the old...some parts of the new site make the old site look ..well.. kinda dull....the title banner for instance..the new 3D one is much nicer in my opinion..kind of fresh looking ....but the panels on the old site are more uniform which makes it look neater and easy to know where to go.....but I also like the top of the panels on the new one with the purple font ... sheesh .. you still following? lol

If it were me I think I would just spruce up the old site..freshen it....oh and by the way , I just love purple n green together its so now :o)
    Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Hi Adam,
      I agree with what Linda says... I like some of the old and some of the new... tough choice.
      Naturally Yours,
      Dori
      www.earthelixirs.com
      www.earthelixirsinc.com
      www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
      www.virtualdesigndiva.com
      www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Hi Adam,

I'm with them and no help at all.......Sorry, I like parts of both.
        Sharon Chajin

Comment

Old one is clearer, not crowded.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

hi my name dudy

Comment

I find them both equally easy to use. I would think however, If you were to make a new site you would want one less TEC look and more in the organic motife............Rich landscape backgrounds, butterfly cursors etc.

building a web site requires more than information it's also an art form where art and style communicate aditude.....but then why tempt success

Comment

Working...
              X