Please test for fast loading and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please test for fast loading and...

Cindy, glad to see that you are keeping busy......
    My Wedding sites are doing fine, want to exchange links with me?
    I have a travel category which you could use....(see UK site)

Adding your link is now automated with my new Links/resources/partners program

Catch you later.................
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hi, it has a strange type of load for me. It seems that the two music files are deciding who’s going to play first, & for me neither one did. Or they are just far to large for an index page..
      Personally, I would either set these files to work via select. (Not auto start) or have links to another page with them on. Think you may find people leaving if the site is not loading properly or to slowly. One thing that maybe worth doing is reducing the file & bit rate. This bit of free software is really handy for this. http://www.mediamonkey.com/

Good luck.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you Chris! I have bookmarked that link and will take a look. I don't have either one set to auto start, you have to click on one or the other to listen. In the meantime, I like your idea about having a link to another page, but I think it looses the effect I'm after in that I want people to listen to the music while on my home page. I guess I have to give somewhere... Back to the drawing board! Thanks again.
        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Home page loaded fast but in two distinct sections - would not stop me from reading/viewing it. Went to a few more pages and all worked and looked great.
          Ann
          www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
          www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
          www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Thanks Ann. I have got to figure the loading thing out! lol
            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info
              Hi, it has a strange type of load for me. It seems that the two music files are deciding who’s going to play first, & for me neither one did. Or they are just far to large for an index page..
              Personally, I would either set these files to work via select. (Not auto start) or have links to another page with them on. Think you may find people leaving if the site is not loading properly or to slowly. One thing that maybe worth doing is reducing the file & bit rate. This bit of free software is really handy for this. http://www.mediamonkey.com/

Good luck.

Cool Chris ... thanks for sharing .... now that is not that famous "Purple Monkey" Bonzi Buddy is it??

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Dream Lady Music is worse than images to get down to a small file & sill be worth having. But if you get the bit rate down to the 80/100 mark & if you can have the sound in mono. It will save a lot of file space & download time.

LadyEye
                Nah! Hope not. Don’t want that bug on my machine. I have been using this one for a few months now & no problems.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Cindy,

it loaded pretty fast on my (fairly slow) DSL line (lol). No probs there.

The text in the middle (Featured Artists) and the audio sliders took a while but wouldnt have bugged me if I was actually loading your site to check out re travel etc. Lots of stuff to distract me in the meanwhile :-

Colour? Nice and blue... as close to navy as I think you can get, lol.

Cheers

Will
                  A manual to help small-business owners . http://www.entrepreneurshipz.com

Comment

Will: thank you for taking a look. I'm going to try Chris's suggestion above (as soon as I figure out how to do it) and see if that helps with the music files. How's your ebook going?
                    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Hey Cindy,

tks for asking... i'm optimising all sorts of things like mad, lol - onsite and offsite optimisation ... I find that the process on all fronts, including adding - on occasion - to the eBook, adding bonus books, getting testimonials etc etc is a huge undertaking but i like the challenge... lol.

chao 4 now

Will
                      A manual to help small-business owners . http://www.entrepreneurshipz.com

Comment

2,3 seconds looks ok lady
                        the right kind of wrong

Comment

not the worst but not the best loading time i mean with dial up the music takes forever to load but everything else doesn't take to long.
                          http://www.rampshack.com
                          Sliced/Coded/Manged
                          Check me out in the gallery look for Josh!

Comment

Thank you gkontis and jOsh710! I think I'm getting the picture. If I can't figure out how to do what Chris says above, I may have to move the music off my home page and onto their bio pages. Gonna work on it this week. Thanks for taking the time to view and respond!
                            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Hi Cindy,

I know I'm late but loaded fine to me.......Looks GREAT!
                              Sharon Chajin

Comment

Working...
                              X