Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pse check out revamped website :-

Hi all!

My site is diet and weightloss related... www.flabfallsoff.com ...

I posted for comments about the site several weeks ago, and have been busy trying to get everything sorted out... tks to all for their comments.

The biggest thing I've been trying to do is vamp up the aesthetics of the site... it was pretty barren before, so how does it look now? I know there's a few tweaks still like some of the copy being a fraction of a mm too close to the LHS but I think it's getting there?

Needed to BREAK IT UP so it's not so much a loooong scroll... any better?

Some of my other pages (apart from main page like Links and Resources) still need looots of work but just getting off the ground with them...

The actual copy itself is something I am really interrogating...lol... in a direct response site like this the copy is ALL IMPORTANT... so any comments on that would be gr8 too but just note it's somewhat of a work in progress... lol :-

The hover ads have been a continual headache, still trying to sort them out. Pse would anyone comment on them - do they make you want to sign up for the newsletter - if you were in this health/diet target market? If not, why not? (and remember they are NOT coming up properly if you use Firefox or Opera...)

Naghost also made a gr8 suggestion with offering the book for a while gratis... to get testimonials... I am now DOING that - check out "Other Forums" - Free Classifieds!! roll up!! lol......... :-

Well, that's about it for now... have at it, all you gr8 folk @ Voda!! lol.

cheers

Will
    A manual to help small-business owners . http://www.entrepreneurshipz.com

Re: Pse check out revamped website :-

It may suite some types of sites to have pop ups/ins/outs/downs/ & so on, but I personally find this like an aggravating salesman pushing his luck. But on the net! Is all you have do, is move on. So will others do this on your site? Have a look at any top/professional site. I bet you won’t find this type of thing.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hey Chris,

tks for this... yeah, it seems ppl really find it irritating, which makes me think I should either put it in the copy itself or have it appear when ppl click OFF the site... what you think?

The pros dont do this? ... I dunno... check out burnthefat.com - that guy is the #1 diet book seller on Clickbank and a pro of note, and he has a popup... maybe if I changed the content... man, what to do...? lol :-

anyway, tks for the input...

Will

Comment

Hi Will,
        I agree w/ Chris! In-your-face pop ups make me click off NOW! Rather than one very long page, (web readers scan rather than read word for word) consider breaking up the info into more pages. And make one of them the newsletter sign up page LOL!
        Debi
        Debi
        DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

I'm going to disagree with the two above posts.

Now, I HATE that pop-up - but sites like yours seem to do very well with them - so you might want to see if people use it - test the waters.

Also, on sales pages like yours - a single page is usually the entire website- and that also has proven to be very successful.

You need to keep in mind the type website you have.

Now, personally, I'd say to get rid of the pop-up, or try it when people leave, as you just suggested - BUT, I also know that, as I already stated, those are very successful on this type of site. I simply can't tell you if you'll lose more people than you gain with it - but that's a personal decision you'll have to make.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hey Debi & Bethers,

tks! Appreciate the feedback. the hover ad is a headache for a number of reasons, but will just have to work thru it... lol.

Interesting... the burnthefat.com guy has his popup NOT obscure the copy, it is off center. So less of an irritant. BUT I dont think Aweber accommodates that...

Long copy? Yeah, I think the one page works well and that's why I broke up the copy - it used to be just one chunk of text but hopefully it's easier to read/scan now?

Tks again,

cheers

Will

Comment

Working...
            X