Toys and Books-Need Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toys and Books-Need Input

Hi all, I need input. How does site look? Are colors Ok? How's the navigation on my site? Is it easy to navigate? I'm using cart32 with paypal, does it look easy to use? If you go so far as forms, Do forms look ok for childrens books? Any input will help. Good or Bad. Would appreciate if you think site needs more improvements as far as my products. And by all means if there are spelling errors let me know. Anything helps. I'm using soholaunch on this website. Thanks
    www.toysandbooks.net
    sigpic

Re: Toys and Books-Need Input

Hi, I may have this completely wrong. But! Can I not just buy 4 or 5 books if I wanted to with out going through the filling out the forms to personalise each order every time.
    As I said! I might be completely missing something here. But if I am right, you must be loosing a lot of sales. The idea is nice, to have a personalised book sent to someone. But it needs an option, where you choose to just add to kart, or add to cart & personalise.
    IE: Would I have to fill out this form every time if I ordered 3 different books for the same child & going to the same address?

Not sure about the cart you are using? But has it got any facility to see if orders where started & not completed. It will give a good indication to what is happening & why.
    I personally think the looks & content of the site is spot on for the type of product you are selling. It’s the check out that seems to be a pain.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hello Laindia! What a great site! I love the idea. I noticed a couple of things, The word license is spelled wrong, Licence Deluxe Books at the top of the Home Page, and at the bottom, in the center, the Spiderman and Cinderella montage is very difficult to read.
      Also, I might be missing something as well, but I can't get to a place to check out. The three buttons at the top are not going anywhere for me (1,2,and3).
      This is REALLY a clever thing you've got going on here!
      Good luck.
      Debi
      Debi
      DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

Great idea, but agree wholeheartly with Chris.
        Choco777
        www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info
          Hi, I may have this completely wrong. But! Can I not just buy 4 or 5 books if I wanted to with out going through the filling out the forms to personalise each order every time.
          As I said! I might be completely missing something here. But if I am right, you must be loosing a lot of sales. The idea is nice, to have a personalised book sent to someone. But it needs an option, where you choose to just add to kart, or add to cart & personalise.
          IE: Would I have to fill out this form every time if I ordered 3 different books for the same child & going to the same address?

Not sure about the cart you are using? But has it got any facility to see if orders where started & not completed. It will give a good indication to what is happening & why.
          I personally think the looks & content of the site is spot on for the type of product you are selling. It’s the check out that seems to be a pain.

Good luck.
          Hi Chris,
          I have tried looking for another shopping cart that allows me to do this and that's easy to use. Yes, I do have it to where customer has to fill out per book. Each book is different but also, customer might want to put in different names, family friends and dedications. Your right, maybe I should change for that option if I can figure out. Or put on top somewhere that if somebody wants to order for more than one child they need to fill form out once if information is to stay the same. I'll try and fix that. See if it works. I guess your talking about adding a View Cart Button. I'll definitly put one of them down on my site. Thank You
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Debi
            Hello Laindia! What a great site! I love the idea. I noticed a couple of things, The word license is spelled wrong, Licence Deluxe Books at the top of the Home Page, and at the bottom, in the center, the Spiderman and Cinderella montage is very difficult to read.
            Also, I might be missing something as well, but I can't get to a place to check out. The three buttons at the top are not going anywhere for me (1,2,and3).
            This is REALLY a clever thing you've got going on here!
            Good luck.
            Debi
            Hi Debi, the spelling was corrected and the photo you mentioned enlarged to read. Also the 1, 2, 3 where you said you couldn't click on link was taken off. I'll be putting a VIEW SHOPPING CART instead. Hopefully I can put in side bar where menu is as soon as I can figure it out. Thank you so much.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by choco777
              Great idea, but agree wholeheartly with Chris.
              Hi choco, I'll be working on that area within next few days. Thank You
              sigpic

Comment

Hi Laindia,
                The photos are better but still not really clear as compared to the photos on either side. Is it a jpeg you are using? I wonder if you tried the pixresizer (I noticed it took longer to load now that it's bigger) and reduced it to 600, if that would help?
                Looking good!
                Debi
                DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

Originally posted by Debi
                  Hi Laindia,
                  The photos are better but still not really clear as compared to the photos on either side. Is it a jpeg you are using? I wonder if you tried the pixresizer (I noticed it took longer to load now that it's bigger) and reduced it to 600, if that would help?
                  Looking good!
                  I will try something different. I'll remove and take my own photo and modify it myself. Maybe put a photo of my grandson reading book or something. I don't feel like leaving a blank space and that's the only photo i could think of putting. In a few days photo will be different. I'll come back to you and ask if it looks ok. Right now, working on my shopping cart and figuring out how to add to menue bar, checkout and view shopping cart. Frustrations at it's best. IMAO.
                  sigpic

Comment

Do to website malfunction I lost all on my site. EVerything was up. But I have lost everything and for some reason even my backups were not working. I'll have up in a couple weeks again. Sorry.
                    sigpic

Comment

What happened?????
                      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

What happened Laindia? Maybe someone can help you recover it from File Manager or FTP?
                        I'm so sorry.
                        Debi
                        DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

Working...
                        X