1st New Year's Resolution off my plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st New Year's Resolution off my plate

I'd appreciate any reviews on my site. After 6 months of procrastination and fiddling, I've forgotten how I actually put most of it together. This forum has been excellent with giving me some answers to help me finish it.

There are some glitches I can't seem to fix on the contact page: 1) Only one field resets, 2) the "submit" button goes nowhere and 3) I have a "Thank You" page that I can't figure out how to link to the contact page. And that's just I know about.

www.marshmediagroup.com

Re: 1st New Year's Resolution off my plate

Donna,

I really like the look of your site, it grabs your attention right away.
    You need to link the 'Home' nav button on the index page - it doesn't go anywhere and you may immediatly lose visitors if they try to start there. I too thought the home page on index automatically linked *)
    I'm pretty new so I'll let the heavies give you technical advise but on
    an aesthitic note I would nudge your menubar at the bottom on index down a bit so it's easier to read on the lighter background there.
    You've done a nice job,
    Marcie in Greece
    www.redtractorfarm.com
    Marcie
    www.redtractorfarm.com
    www.iloveacorns.com
    www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Your fields don't reset because they are outside the form area. You need to extend the form area, to cover them, then select the fields, copy them, delete them, and paste them back using the Paste icon (not the right click Paste).

To tell you why your submit button doesn't do anything, i'd need to see your script.

Thank you page: if your script is standalone, then you need to add a line of code, just before the end. This line will redirect the visitor to the thank you page after submission.
      If instead, your script is embedded in the Thank you page, then you don't need to do anything.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: Website

Take a look at my site please? I made the fixes as suggested and some other tinkering. But I need help/advise/suggestions on the page titles, meta tags and such. Thx.

Comment

I like simple sites, and yours is of my taste. The form looks ok, though i would make the Name field same width as the others.

I beleive that you could also do two things with your template: use a white rectangle under your text, then give the page a light grey or similar colour, and center the pages.

I beleive Beth(ers), motoxx and some other members will give you good advise on meta tags, descriptions etc.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Oh. That's a great idea. And simple. Thanks navaldesign!

Comment

Working...
            X