• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mook25
    Brigadier General

• Oct 2005

My new Venture.....

I'm starting my new venture in DVD and electrical sales at WWW.Mediashopcentral.com. I've got the website up and going and stocked it with the DVD products so far. Please let me know what you think so far, Speed, layout etc etc.

Thanks guys
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free
  • motoxxx
    Major

• Dec 2005

Re: My new Venture.....

Your index page is not titled and your meta description and meta tags aren't completed. I reloaded the page to see how fast it loaded and I got a duplicate of the MS Vista ad one on top of the other and slightly off center. The header looks a bit tall to me and it seemed to take a bit of time to load but the file size of the header was at 29KB which is acceptable.

The layout of the main page was fairly easy to navigate and your ads were tucked out of the way well.
    Affordable Medical Insurance
    Discount Dental Plan
    Washington State Health Insurance
    Temporary Health Insurance
    Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

• Karen Mac
      General

• Apr 2006

Mook

I get alot of script errors. 8 of them i think. I didnt click to debug them, but you might investigate why and what they are.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Collectors-info
        General

• Feb 2006

Hi, looking good! Need a couple of extra punctuations in the heading text.

Good luck.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Mook25
          Brigadier General

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by Karen Mac
          Mook

I get alot of script errors. 8 of them i think. I didnt click to debug them, but you might investigate why and what they are.

Karen
          Hi Karen. Thanks for the comment. Not quite sure what was happening there but think it may have been the virus protection software at my work messing with the script. I think i have it sorted now.
          FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

• choco777
            Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Looking Good....The header not clear...Aguilera and Scooby looked really cramped up. Good load speed and like the layout.
            Choco777
            www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

• Mook25
              Brigadier General

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by choco777
              Looking Good....The header not clear...Aguilera and Scooby looked really cramped up. Good load speed and like the layout.
              Thanks for the comments. I'm thinking of changing the header soon for something a little more jazzy. Just concentrating on the content at the moment but have just added a free section which i'll be adding to shortly which you can find here. Loads of stuff for all of you. I'm soon going to be adding hardware such as tv's camcorders, mp3 players too, just negotiating prices at the mo so will get back to you on that one but am hoping to knock them down quite low to pass on the savings to my customers. I think i've managed to sort all the errors out now too, not really sure what went wrong there. Thanks everyones comments so far!

Comment

• Karen Mac
                General

• Apr 2006

Mook,

If you can find your css style sheet, Id make your navigation slightly bigger, by a point or so. One thing I hated about OSCOMMERCE was everything was made to be under a microscope.

The Script errors are gone now, im not sure what was causing them... i didnt check. But its working now.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Bethers
                  Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

I surf the web in a window not full screen. So I expect sideways scroll on websites that are made in larger than 800 width. You're using a template in 800 width but have a header larger - so if you make the smaller window, it cuts off your header and doesn't give the option to scroll to see it. For that reason, I suggest remaking your header to an 800 width (or put extraneous info outside the width on both sides).

Right now - on the smaller window, I start seeing your header just before the i in Media - and it cuts right down the man's nose on the right.

When I open - it looks fine. This is a concern with sites that expand to fill the window :)
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Mook25
                    Brigadier General

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by Bethers
                    I surf the web in a window not full screen. So I expect sideways scroll on websites that are made in larger than 800 width. You're using a template in 800 width but have a header larger - so if you make the smaller window, it cuts off your header and doesn't give the option to scroll to see it. For that reason, I suggest remaking your header to an 800 width (or put extraneous info outside the width on both sides).

Right now - on the smaller window, I start seeing your header just before the i in Media - and it cuts right down the man's nose on the right.

When I open - it looks fine. This is a concern with sites that expand to fill the window :)
                    Thanks Bethers, I'll have a look at that as soon as i can, seems a bit pointless having a header that gets half of it cut off.

Karen, I'll see if if i can find the CSS and enlarge the txt a little. I've seen it once but will have to try and remember where it is now. Watch this space though and i'll have it bigger soon. Thanks again

Comment

• Dori
                      Lieutenant Colonel

• Sep 2006

You have a great start! My main suggestion, other than the previous ones from our group, is to size your pictures and optimize them before you bring them into BV. You are resizing the photos once you have them on your template and they just don't look as good as they can. If the DVDs look funky... people won't buy them... and that is the point!
                      Good luck
                      Naturally Yours,
                      Dori
                      www.earthelixirs.com
                      www.earthelixirsinc.com
                      www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
                      www.virtualdesigndiva.com
                      www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

• Mook25
                        Brigadier General

• Oct 2005

OK so i've now redesigned the header logo, repositioned it too and made the text larger. Look any better? Any other suggestions?

Comment

• LD-52
                          Corporal

• Dec 2006

Well now we know where to buy DVDs =)

Comment

• Bethers
                            Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Don't yell at me - but have your header center on the page please.

I liked the other header, but I think this one is better suited to the business.
                            Beth
                            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                            SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Mook25
                              Brigadier General

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by Bethers
                              Don't yell at me - but have your header center on the page please.

I liked the other header, but I think this one is better suited to the business.
                              I'd never yell at you Bethers. lol I'll look into trying to get it centered after all, it's all about keeping the customer happy. thanks again

Comment

Working...
                              X