My site so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My site so far

I have not finished my site, but the basic layout is ready. The last 3 weeks I have been focusing on just the bridal jewelry (only necklaces and earrings). I have pretty much neglected all other merchandise. I have cut and pasted so much paypal I am permanently cross eyed! I do need to adjust some paypal discrepancies in the necklace part and stuff like that. So, there is still work to be done.

However, I was wondering if you guys could navigate my site and just give me a feel of how it flows so far? My menu bar at the top is lengthy. I want to add three more buttons: bracelets, necklaces, and earrings. Would that make it more navigable, or just more confusing w/ more buttons?

Any other suggestions, tips, constructive criticism etc is greatly appreciated! Here it is!

Thanks!

Re: My site so far

beebee
    First let me say some of your jewelry is quite nice - you have some lovely pieces.
    You might want to narrow your pages some - a max width of 800 is what most recommend to be viewable on most screens and avoid side scrolling. My screen is 1024 and I am having to side scroll on your site.
    I notices one spelling error crystal is mispelled on a description - I didn't go through all text too carefully but that one stood out, so you might want to have someone with fresh eyes proof it for you.
    I should add that the reason I didn't go through the text was that it is hard for me to read. I have less than perfect vision, and the hard contrast of white against black is pretty hard on my eyes. I know lots of people don't agree with me, but if you are going to go dark as a background, a softer dark might make it easier on those of us with tired old eyes.
    Also noticed on the color chartpage - the light and white ones are a bit hard to see against a white background; might be more flatteringly shown against dark. Same page vintage rose color doesn't show.
    Just looked at the earring page, side scroll again; makes it hard to see the pieces. Sure are pretty though.
    Good start, Beebee.
    Couple of tweaks and you're there.
    I don't know anything about page optimization or anything like that, but I am sure some of those with more knowledge than me will give you some great suggestions.
    Good start!
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Oh forgot to say. YOu have those lovely windows so I am not sure you need the three additional buttons off the shopping page - perhaps just one that is a dropdown with the three things, if you must have one.
      Also, you can stack the buttons in two rows if you don't want the additional width, or just use text links instead of the rectangle buttons, to take up less space..just a thought
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

I also have trouble with the white text on black.

My next problem, after leaving the home page - was trying to figure out how to get back to it. Shop online certainly to me designated I was going to the online store - not that I was already there and going back to the home page. I recommend you call your home page home- people will recognize it.

You will have trouble getting any search engine traffic to your website for longer than most, because usually the first page that is given any credence is the home page - and it is missing any text. But you filled in keywords for the page - which means those words are USED on the page and are THAT page's main keywords. Each page gets it's own list - based on what's on that page.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

thanks for the jewelry compliment larazovich. Yes I tool you guys' advice and decided on a dark chocolate background instead of black! And I am changing the margin to 800 and centering it. Thanks, I'll be back!

Comment

I decided chocolate brown was more eye-friendly and prettier than just black. Here it is. What do you think?

Comment

I like the chocolate brown, MUCH easier.
              Now, you have a couple of links, that are in a tourquoise color - I can't read them against the background-they are on the brdal page. Also, the third box on that page links to an untitled page that is still black..
              pages aren't centered yet?

lots of improvement, good on you..
              Liz
              www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

I will check into that! Thanks for the input!

Comment

Hi Beebee

Love the colours so much nicer, dont forget to centre your pages before you publish tho :o)...great improvement ...nice job well done
                  Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                  http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Didn't see first layout but the dark chocolate is nice nice ideas. Don't care for the text color. Good start.
                    Choco777
                    www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

very pretty jewelry - I use IE6 and for some reason just get a red x instead of your logo - ditto on centering pages - remember to "recenter" every time you work on a page before you republish - on bridial bracelets page - put your buttons in 2 rows to help with centering - also agree about needing home button
                      very nice start on site!
                      Ann
                      www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
                      www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
                      www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Originally posted by choco777
                        Didn't see first layout but the dark chocolate is nice nice ideas. Don't care for the text color. Good start.
                        Do you mean the white text on brown bkgrd? I was thinking of changing that to a cream color....

Comment

Originally posted by asirimarco
                          very pretty jewelry - I use IE6 and for some reason just get a red x instead of your logo - ditto on centering pages - remember to "recenter" every time you work on a page before you republish - on bridial bracelets page - put your buttons in 2 rows to help with centering - also agree about needing home button
                          very nice start on site!
                          p.s. your jewelry designs are so unique!

Comment

I never saw the site when you originally posted this, but I also love the chocolate brown color scheme.

Just a note - and I'm not good at reading everyone else's comments thoroughly... but it looks like you're trying to center the pages... except on my screen they are all slightly to the left. This might mean you'll have to adjust the page width to exactly match your actual page. The bar tends to slide over anytime you move things like pictures over to the right on BV.

I know you still have a ways to go but it looks great so far. Nice and easy to manage and it's gonna be great when it's finished.

Good luck!
                            George
                            www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Nice fast loading lay out. I always run on too much on my pages with too pics and video slows it down

Comment

Working...
                              X