Please review my new website for MandyN Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please review my new website for MandyN Music

Hi all, I have uploaded and linked all pages, but it is still a work in progress and always will be for updates and changes... but for now I have settled on a design and would like some feedback on what I have so far.
    www.aussierewards.com/mandynmusic

Cheers,
    Mandy
    I Sing For My Soul... la, la, la...

Re: Please review my new website for MandyN Music

Forgive me - but the small white type against the black background on many of the pages hurt my eyes. If you could take it up a font size or two and maybe tone down the bright white to more of a very pale grey?

Overall the site is nice - very professional. If you have music, I can't comment, as I surf with my sound off. If you DO have music on, I suggest you add a control so people can adjust it.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Mandy,

Your site design is great nice n simple n easy to navigate..love the colours to...but ..and I dont know how to put this without sounding like i'm being awful ...i'm not ok....so I'm just gonna say it

My first impression was...the photo on the home page doesnt look like your voice...

Your voice to me says ... rock chick, but the photo says ..opera singer, classical kinda thing...does that make sence to you?

While its a gorgeous photo, I think the one with you in the black n white shirt and your hair down looks much more like who you are..and matches your voice so much more....thats the one I would put on my front page if I were you.
      Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
      http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Bravo! Mandy. I love your home page! But I have to agree with Linda in that the photo with the black and white top seems to go better with your site. You are a beautiful lady no matter what photo you use, but based on the sample music....yup...the black and white top is the way to go. On your bio page, I to would recommend enlarging the font just a bit! Great Job and do you have any more peforming photo's you can load up? Overall, though I LOVE IT!
        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Hi Mandy! I agree with Bethers on bumping up the white font a point size AND agree with Linda... the photo with the zebra jacket is much hotter and suits (pun intended) your style better. Great design and voice!
          Naturally Yours,
          Dori
          www.earthelixirs.com
          www.earthelixirsinc.com
          www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
          www.virtualdesigndiva.com
          www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Hi Mandy,

I liked the way you did the site, the background, the flash clip, your voice, of course is outstanding............and you look very classy in the black dress. I think showing the different pics, shows you can dress for the occaision. Good job!

Comment

Thank you all for your feedback... some good points were given.

Bethers: What browswer are you using?
              I ask this because there is no white font colour on any of my pages except for the signature on my corporate photograph. All font colours are shades of grey or red. I can't understand also that you are confused as to whether there is music on my site... did you see the Audio page link? Did you press the "PLAY" link beside every song listed? By default, the player is set at 100% volume, so if you have your speakers turned on, there should not be any reason for not hearing the music.

I have not as yet made the site friendly to browsers other than IE... so unless you are using a diffferent browser, I cannot explain why you had trouble.

I do realise now that I had the incorrect font type on the Bio page which I will change, and that will make it easier to read.

Dori, Dream Lady, Lincslady: I understand where you are coming from, and if I only sang 'Rock', I would agree with you 100%... But as Robyn (CL) pointed out, the different photos are meant to show that whatever the occasion, I can adapt to it. In a Corporate industry, you must look Corporate. I feel I need to change the audio rather than the pic, which is what I will do, and also I need to add more songs that are not Rock to show the versatility. Thank you for raising that issue.

I am yet to add a page with my full song list, and that will give a much better idea to the customer of my versatility as well.

Thank you for your comments and I will start making the changes, and hopefully that will improve the site. Like I said, it's a work in progress, and always will be.

Cheers,
              Mandy

Comment

I have changed the font type on my Bio page making it easier to read... please tell me if this has made a difference.

Comment

Ok... I have made the changes to my index page.
                  I have changed the audio and also gave the picture a rollover effect with the other photo... this way you can hear and see that I am versatile.

What do you all think?

Mandy

Comment

Mama Mia Mandalia!! WTG Girl!!

.... Great to see you've finished your masterpiece. (Sorry, I'm late for the party) It's looking great, loading great and your fonts are totally readable (I realize you upped the size) and the image rollover is a nice addition to the home page. A slide show might even be cool and something you can think about as you gather more pics.

Wow .... I like your younger picture there, am I to understand you were 17 then? You look much younger.

I love the curtain backdrop behind you, love the color and you look very very classy!! A class act for you m'lady in whatever role you are playing. Nice that you can do it all!!

Great job!! I look forward to your additions over time, for the rest of our lives!!

MamaMiaMandalia!! Congrats!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Perfect idea Mandy...love it, your site looks great..well done nice job.
                      Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                      http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

I got the intro to play and was realy excited to see the rest of your site and hear some of the audio clips. I was a bit bummed out when I went away from the main page and the music stopped. It would have been great if you could have kept tat track playing in the background while I was browsing your site. I couldn't get the audio clips on the audo page to play. I really like your site. Very well done.
                        Affordable Medical Insurance
                        Discount Dental Plan
                        Washington State Health Insurance
                        Temporary Health Insurance
                        Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Hello Mandy,

It’s my pleasure to look your new website congratulations and
                          nice touch from our BV Family member Carlos for script maybe you need put in website my Parlay box here lets visitors talk with you for free.

Nice job God Bless!

Zlatko
                          www.mercataworld.com
                          www.marradonconstructions.com
                          www.ekm-inspirationalmusic.com

Comment

MandyN,

I don't agree about the photo, I think it is fine and for the reasons you stated. You look to me, by the photo to be a very attractive sophisticated lady and the music needs no off button for me. Love the colors, they too suggest a certain sophistication, it is a job well done. I enjoy your music and cannot complain about anything on your professionally done website.
                            Choco777
                            www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

I also agree with Lincslady about the pic and the sound of your voice. Is it possible to have your opening track paly the whole time?
                              Affordable Medical Insurance
                              Discount Dental Plan
                              Washington State Health Insurance
                              Temporary Health Insurance
                              Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Working...
                              X