Please review my new website for MandyN Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please review my new website for MandyN Music

Your website looks great. I love the music but one thing i would suggest is adding a stop button so people can stop the music if they want. You could be turning people away from your site just because you have not stop button.

Aart from the button thing your site is well layed out and the colours work well, I don't normally like black backgrounds but yours works well. Good work
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Originally posted by Mook25
      Your website looks great. I love the music but one thing i would suggest is adding a stop button so people can stop the music if they want. You could be turning people away from your site just because you have not stop button.

Aart from the button thing your site is well layed out and the colours work well, I don't normally like black backgrounds but yours works well. Good work
      Thankyou for your compliments Mook25.

The way I feel about adding a stop button to the homepage is like this:
      There is not much to look at that would keep you there for a long time, and if people don't like my singing, they are not going to like my website full stop, simply because the website is all about my singing and offering that service. So I guess if they don't like what they hear first up, then that is the customer I'm not interested in pleasing... make sense?

Music is all about how it sounds to us and how it makes us feel, so if it sounds bad or makes us feel bad, then best thing is to either remove yourself away from it or simply don't listen. So let them turn away I say... I'm not forcing myself onto anyone that does not appreciate what I do.
      I Sing For My Soul... la, la, la...

Comment

Hello Mandy and everyone!
        This is my first post, but I have been visiting quite often! I started building my site a few months ago, and am not quite ready to publish it. All i have to do is my photo gallery, but I have tried and tested so many web gallery generators, free slide show creators and more.
        I also played around with the BV gallery and banner rotator, but can't seem to get excatly what I want.

mandy, your site is beautiful ! love it! and I especially love your gallery...how did you do that, that is exactly what I want! I want to have the thumbnails on one side while the bigger picture appears, but couldnT find how to achieve that effect. Could you tell me what you used? I would also like to add text next to the pictures, but will start with the gallery alone!!

thank you so much in advahnce for your help!

great job with the site, very professional.

Comment

Originally posted by nancyx25
          Hello Mandy and everyone!
          This is my first post, but I have been visiting quite often! I started building my site a few months ago, and am not quite ready to publish it. All i have to do is my photo gallery, but I have tried and tested so many web gallery generators, free slide show creators and more.
          I also played around with the BV gallery and banner rotator, but can't seem to get excatly what I want.

mandy, your site is beautiful ! love it! and I especially love your gallery...how did you do that, that is exactly what I want! I want to have the thumbnails on one side while the bigger picture appears, but couldnT find how to achieve that effect. Could you tell me what you used? I would also like to add text next to the pictures, but will start with the gallery alone!!

thank you so much in advahnce for your help!

great job with the site, very professional.
          Hi Nancy, firstly, welcome to you, I hope you have an enjoyable time here on the forum, and I am flattered that you chose my thread as your first post.
          Thankyou very much for the compliment.
          I created the thumbnails myself, and I used a script "get element by id" to display the pics which was provided to me by adsenseproject.com .
          Do a search for instructions of how to place on a page and use that script I mentioned on the net. This will help you do it step by step.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,
          Mandy
          I Sing For My Soul... la, la, la...

Comment

I've been working on my site and I feel I'm ready to publish it, but I was wondering how do I publish it where people on this forum can give me feedback? Do I have to publish it per the tutorial and then you guys and ladies check it out on the web or is there a "special" place I publish it to so only people on this forum can see it?

Comment

Go HERE and about 1/4 of the way down over on the left it says NEW THREAD. Click there and you can post your website for review
              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Thanks
                I'll go ahead and publish it and then open a thread for everyone to review.

Comment

Working...
                X