Totally redone....redone again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally redone....redone again

First of all thank you Dori, Dream Lady and larazovich for wonderful feedback and thank you for all the compliments. I made several changes according to the suggestions but am still having trouble with a few......
    1. I have to figure out how to resize my pics correctly using the pixresizer so they load faster
    2. When I preview each page the "add to cart buttons" look fine. I published each page again and still can't find where they overlap the price or words. Is that still happening?
    3. I centered each page in the browser. When I look at the bottom right corner of the Blue Voda site builder for the height and width numbers I can't see them because of the color of the frame. When I center the page at a width of 800 my navi bar moves to far to the right and I have too much room on the left. Need more help with this one......
    4.I still have to do some work in that "flicker" box on my home page because some of the graphics in the slideshow are blurry......need lots of help with the pic sizing stuff.
    5. How do I change the template on the page without disturbing the other contents on the page?
    6. Will talk with Bethers once I figure out all the rest

I think that's all for now...many thanks again for all the fantastic help.
    Puttin` one foot in front of the other and learnin` all the way....!!!

Re: Totally redone....redone again

1. Did you download the picture resizer yet? Here's the link http://support.vodahost.com/index.ph...wnloaditemid=2

2. The plant hanger pages, when I look at it, except for the first row, all of the add to carts buttons are sitting on the prices

3. I am not sure why the nav bars would be moving when you center the pages.. Are you using the View-Page Properties place to set your width to 800, and ticking the box there to center the page?

4. Have a question about the flicker thing - At first I thought it was an album, but now I think it is a place to display your pics? It seems alittle complicated.. check out http://www.picturetrail.com, and look at their photoflicks - you can make one of these for free, and it might show off your stuff more easily. have a look at either one of my sites - I have used one on the first page of each. There are other free places you can make albums, too, jalbum is free, and picasa has one.. any of these seem alittle more viewable than flicker, though it is real possible I am too thick to figure it out..
    5. I don't have a clue.
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Originally posted by eribbit69
      1. I have to figure out how to resize my pics correctly using the pixresizer so they load faster.

You want to bring your pics down to the smallest kbs you can - somewhere between 15 - 20 kbs works well, and you shoudl be able to do this either with pic resizer or this online image optimer ... found here

2. When I preview each page the "add to cart buttons" look fine. I published each page again and still can't find where they overlap the price or words. Is that still happening?

Yes it is still happening in my browser, this sometimes happens when inserting the html boxes on the page, you will have to continue to move it around until you find it works right ...

3. I centered each page in the browser. When I look at the bottom right corner of the Blue Voda site builder for the height and width numbers I can't see them because of the color of the frame. When I center the page at a width of 800 my navi bar moves to far to the right and I have too much room on the left. Need more help with this one......

Right click on your page properties and choose your page width there, if it does not stay there it means you have an element outside of this width, you will need to check ... once found, keep it within this width, lock your page and republish, being sure to tick center in browser ...

4.I still have to do some work in that "flicker" box on my home page because some of the graphics in the slideshow are blurry......need lots of help with the pic sizing stuff.

It is important to have your images resized correctly, with the tips I've noted above, and it is equally important not to distort them when placing them on that page - by this I mean, do not tug on the blue handles that surround your image, doing so distorts the image ... you don't want this ...

5. How do I change the template on the page without disturbing the other contents on the page?

Select the template, you can tell that the blue handles surround the template, click cut and it will be gone. You will insert your next template and you will have to move that behind the text and images you have on your page.

6. Will talk with Bethers once I figure out all the rest

I think that's all for now...many thanks again for all the fantastic help.
      Puttin` one foot in front of the other and learnin` all the way....!!!
      I would really recommend changing the font on your navigation bar, the italics is really really hard to read and it doesn't do your buttons any favors ... I also think you have your header spread out too large - it also looks distorted on your pages - you don't want that ...

Hope this helps ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

(3. I centered each page in the browser. When I look at the bottom right corner of the Blue Voda site builder for the height and width numbers I can't see them because of the color of the frame. When I center the page at a width of 800 my navi bar moves to far to the right and I have too much room on the left. Need more help with this one......)

I can help with this one, if you click on the link below and follow the instructions this will help you heaps.

Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
        http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Working...
        X