Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like?

Hello
    I started working on this yesterday for a friend of mine and I was wondering what you all think so far as colours, spacing and just the overall feel so far before I get much deeper. Thanks kenb http://lightningcycles.ca/service.html Only the first link button marked Our Services works as I only have two pages completed so far.

Re: Do you like?

Hi Ken

Like the colours very much, nice clean colours, dont forget to check your widths and centre before publishing ...not keen on the circle fade out tho, I think the normal fade out would look better. overall a nice clean looking site cant wait to see it finished :o) nice job
    Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

contact us button has us twice, the text font on buttons is a bit hard to see too fancy for me, the pics bit slow and not so clear as could be?about us is about lightning cycles but looks more like an advet for hammer house of horros maybe it should be futureistic like the product? most links arnt up yet as you know and the font on the services is a turn of
      The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
      Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Originally posted by allstarfaces
        contact us button has us twice, the text font on buttons is a bit hard to see too fancy for me, the pics bit slow and not so clear as could be?about us is about lightning cycles but looks more like an advet for hammer house of horros maybe it should be futureistic like the product? most links arnt up yet as you know and the font on the services is a turn of
        Gary have you got your wrong specs on again?...About us on my screen only has one "us" on it

How to Center your page

Comment

Im on 2mb broadband and the image in the middle took a fair amount of time load. Other than that, looking good!
          Teri

Comment

I think the long loading time may be because the two pages are connected to my main site that has a fair bit of elements to it? I could try flipping the rollover buttons to go from white to gold instead. I would like to keep the font style on the buttons but would like some ideas as to how to make them clearer. Overall I was going after a clean uncluttered look to reflect the type of business. Also I was given a whole stack of pics to use for the site so I just took the first few from the top and placed them in. I should have a more finished product by the middle of next week. Thanks for the comments. kenb

Comment

The buttons I use on the service page were borrowed from a free icon site and not from B.V. samples so the text area on the buttons will not allow the rollover effect to happen smoothly once the cursor enters the text area. Can this be fixed to work like a normal rollover button?

Comment

Personally, I think another text would better showcase that this is a home improvement site. I look at that text and think formal and weddings, etc. And those big beatiful houses don't signify a cleaning service - which I see on the bottom left.

I think some time needs to be spent to make the images and text all convey what the business does.
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

You must be working on site. Takes forever to load and I'm on fast connection. None of nav buttons worked. Bethers is right, should change font to something. with not so elegant appearance.
                  Choco777
                  www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Ya I'm working on the site at the moment. I'm not too sure where to go with the font style because the business caters to the high end client looking for maid and property maintenance plus that is the font style on their business letterhead already. Any suggestions for the descriptions font style? Sounds like I should stay away from the hand written style and look for a neat printed look eh?

Comment

I would use a different forn in your buttons as they are a bit hard to read quicklly. The images loaded painfully slow for me and I am on a very fast connection. Could be the banner rotator and overall file sizes causeing it.

Nice color scheme and a pretty clean layout so far.
                      Affordable Medical Insurance
                      Discount Dental Plan
                      Washington State Health Insurance
                      Temporary Health Insurance
                      Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

I changed the font style on the buttons as well as the description on Our Services I think it reads alot clearer than the hand written style. I'm going to have to work on the long loading issue still. One problem is not getting the pages to blend consistantly when trans.? I set the page properties to blend for 2 sec. saved but they seem to circle out?

Comment

The big picture on the page took a while to load, i like the layout though and they show some nice interior and exteriors. try pix resiser to make it smaller, same size but less memory. It will load a lot quicker.

Interesting to see this when you do the rest of the pages, nice work so far though.
                          www.dichromatic.net

Comment

Hi Ken,

You can save your buttons so that they appear in your bv button list ..

Just right click on the button image and "save as" c:drive/program files/blue voda/nav bar

As for font style, personally I would do the heading/title, in the style of your clients letterheads and the rest in a plain font ...Verdana..Times New Roman..Arial...are the ones I like...but play around with the fonts on a blank page in bv until your happy with the one you choose.

How to Center your page

Comment

Hi Linda
                              I am not too clear as to saving the nav image in B.V.. The nav bar images were borrowed from a free icon site so I just right clicked on both style buttons (champange/white)colours and saved in my pictures and then layed them out as a rollover image after that I placed in clickable text. Doing it this way disturbes the rollover action when the cursor comes in contact with the text. I also had to set the page properties to not allow the text colour to change when a link has been visited so the buttons would always appear the same. Saving the button images in B.V. nav bar images would be so much easier and much more functional than the way I have had to make them. When I go back to that site I can only save the as GIF or Bitmap in my pictures?

Comment

Working...
                              X