No announcement yet.

For: AMANDA, BETHERS, BILL, DORI, ETC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For: AMANDA, BETHERS, BILL, DORI, ETC.

Hello all you wonderful people.I HAVE FINISHED WHAT I BELIEVE IS THE BEST PAGE I'VE DONE! I had an idea and followed it thru and it worked . On the www.bubbeesbeads.org/eleganteveningwear.html page I tried using the gallery to set up photos and text..but it just didn't work for me, things wouldn't line up. Soooooooooooo... I used the gallery for the photos and put everything in a two column table so it all lines up evenly.I have learned so much in the past few days its almost unbelievable. If you come across any other seniors new to websites, send them my way for encouragement. What a blast this is! Granted ups and downs, but the ups are higher than the downs are low.Let me know if you think this works.Thank you all sooooooooooo much.Mindy

Re: For: AMANDA, BETHERS, BILL, DORI, ETC.

Doing a great job Mindy - I use IE6 and the bracelet-earring set hangs down into the necklace below the cross and that makes it hang down a little too - all the rest are where they belong - might just be my settings - keep up the good work - you inspired me to do my web site and I learn from everything you ask
    Ann
    www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
    www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
    www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Thanks Ann..........your saying that I inspire you is encouragement for me! One thing I've learned is that never say never. If you can ask questions and absorb answers..........you can learn anything.Gonna go and look at yur sites................:)) Mindy

Comment

Liked your jewelry site very much Ann.......i can tell that lots of work goes into what you do. Your links page could use some work......everything is jumbled up......I guess the travel site is more of a blog? or will you be selling things that you accumulated during your travels? Nice work kiddo.......Mindy

Comment

Mindy - it certainly looks great.

There are a couple pictures not lining up - are you not putting them inside the table? Must not be - so you are leaving the left side of the table empty and putting the pictures on top of it? That would cause it - and, it's going to cause some extra coding on the page. But I think that won't matter in this case.

I'm sorry you couldn't get the gallery feature to work - it would be perfect going straight down for all those pics. But this does seem to be working for you if you can fix the pictures that aren't lining up.

Oops, amended to say - you did use the gallery- and put it on top of the table - gotcha - just need to tweak it so it does line up completely :)

Good work.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

WTG, Mindy, I love it! It looks fabulous! If you listen to what the others have pointed out and centre your page then then it'll be better still. You have done a sterling job and have learned so much. I'm proud of you! You set a great example for others new to BlueVoda. Very well done, my friend.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

WTG Mindy, nice job !!

Just a small thing- make the counter invisible, you can check the number of visitors through your CPanel - AWStat.
              Bill
              www.blueearthtea.com
              www.ftaaconsulting.com
              www.iaval.com
              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Thank You Friends ))

Comment

Mindy. Very nice job. Your site just keeps getting better and better and yes, I think that is the best page yet. I hope you don't mind, but just a few suggestions to throw your way.
                  1. On your contest page..You say that the winner will be notifed on Jan 15. Did you mean Feb 15?
                  2. When you get all your pages the way you want, I think you should center all of them.
                  3. On your earrings page, there is a add to your cart button hanging off in the lower right corner.
                  4. On your made to order page. the heading is overlapping into some other text.
                  5. Just a thought, but on your "Is your name Here" page, I would like to see all those names in Alpha order. I think it would be easier to find.

You have done a great job and should be very proud. I also love the photos that you have placed so lovingly throughout your site. Beautiful Girls!!
                  Cindy Smentowski

Comment

thank you dreamlady for taking the time to look at my site. I have only finished the first three pages as I am in the process of revamping the site. I will check out each and every one of your tips. Thx again, Mindy

Comment

Hey Mindy... the site looks great!! I use Firefox... and also noticed a few alignment issues, but nothing to worry about. I honestly didn't look through EVERY page (as it's just really late and I need to sleep) but I really enjoyed looking through it.

Very nice job! :)
                      George
                      www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Mindy,
                        You should be very proud.... this is the best page that you have created. Way to go!
                        Naturally Yours,
                        Dori
                        www.earthelixirs.com
                        www.earthelixirsinc.com
                        www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
                        www.virtualdesigndiva.com
                        www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Mindy - I just checked out your first three pages - REALLY like the new uncluttered style!!!!!!!! Logo is great. Pages need to be centered though. Great Job.
                          Ann
                          www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
                          www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
                          www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Working...
                          X