My 2nd site!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2nd site!!!

Tried a second one..please offer your thoughts and advice!!!

Thanks again!

www.mymovingconnection.com
    www.nationwidemovingpros.com
    Nationwide Moving Pros- Your Answer For Moving Labor Help!

Where Service Providers & Customers Meet!

Re: My 2nd site!!!

I like the way you have set up chunks of text in seperate blocks and my suggestion is purely on an aesthetic level - try marking each paragraph and setting it to 'justify' instead of left aligned. It's the button to the right side of 'left,center,right...align' You'll have to play with the text width to get the lines spaced correctly. This will make those chunks of info even more readable. You've done a really nice job.
    Marcie
    Marcie
    www.redtractorfarm.com
    www.iloveacorns.com
    www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Your site is looking great and I agree you should Justify your text to give it a more professional feel.

Have you tried centering your page and setting it at 800 pixels width. That way you could keep all the forms and text etc under the main heading.

Well done so far.
      Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK!

I'm going to try setting it as justified now!
        www.nationwidemovingpros.com
        Nationwide Moving Pros- Your Answer For Moving Labor Help!

Where Service Providers & Customers Meet!

Comment

I agree with what the others have said, center your pages, keep them to 800 pixels in width and I do like the 'justified' text. Under 'Convenience' you have a subheader 'Now, Sit Back...' that really should be centered under your Convenience text. That will make it look much better!
          Keep up the good work... you are almost there!
          Naturally Yours,
          Dori
          www.earthelixirs.com
          www.earthelixirsinc.com
          www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
          www.virtualdesigndiva.com
          www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

You still have an alignment problem. Through the pages are all set at 1000 the "Home repairs" page is much wider.?????
            Also the red line at top is longer on some pages, extends past margin. I think there should be a way to return to home page on your Nav Bar on all pages. Nice start.
            Choco777
            www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

All of the above, you will get there.... from what I saw you are doing a good job
              Sharon Chajin

Comment

Nice job - good start.

Aesthetics needs a bit of work - but hell so do mine!! lol. Dunno but I would have liked to see the links posted on the left rather than on top.

Put a Home button on each link - otherwise one has to click the back button back, and back, and back..... grrr.......lol.

Am I missing something or is "Moving Connection" an oxymoron? ie, isnt a connection supposed to be stationary? Not moving? Maybe I'm not getting it - that happens fairly often!!!!! lol! - but as an agent between service providers - some of whom are stationary like electricians - aren't you supposed to be stationary? Hell, maybe i'm being ultra picky here but it confused me... it would be okay if your ONLY service providers were Movers... but they arent.

Scratch the above if it doesnt make sense. LOL!

Nice artwork!!

Try and get pics and details from your testimonials, otherwise it looks like you made them up yourself :-

The tan copyright notice is a bit blurred.

But lookin' good - and nice idea - go for it!!

Will
                A manual to help small-business owners . http://www.entrepreneurshipz.com

Comment

Have to agree with everyone else on this one

Comment

Looks good. Blue text on red isn't too appealing. Got to the end of your links and realized. Hey you need some Home buttons on your pages.
                    DJ207

http://www.sportn207.com/

Comment

Agree with dj297 I think the Nav Bar might look 'better if it were seperate from the header, moved down a little, and definitely change colors, it looks just like what it is, text placed over buttons but the buttons do not show any professional touch. Your page is wide and that is fine but center it, it is something that is obvious upon opening the page doesn't present as well. You've put a lot of hard work into your site and it shows but still needs tweaking and some re-thinking.
                      Choco777
                      www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Hi CD,

Agree with Choco, you nedd t set your page to 800 width and the navigation bar needs a rethink ..doesnt look very professional...try using the colours that are in your banner with Black text..or putting a menu bar on from BV would smarten it up a lot.

Your getting there, keep tweaking :o)
                        Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                        http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

The red nav bar doesn't go with the rest of the page. Justify the text as stated before.

Home buttons would be a good addition. The size of your page doesn't bother me. I don't mid sites that are on the left side of the page and only 800 wide.
                          For some of my sites I'll go 1001 wide and have the page be viewed on the left side. I have found that since a lot of people are going to widescreen monitors having the extra width at the top of the page helps the site stay looking better on the wider screens.
                          Affordable Medical Insurance
                          Discount Dental Plan
                          Washington State Health Insurance
                          Temporary Health Insurance
                          Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Working...
                          X