• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Review My Website

Would appreciate a reality check on my web site thank you ahead of time

http://www.moonnations.com/index.html

Re: reality check

You'll get more responses if you post in the "Customer Website Reviews" area.

A few things that caught my eye - I can't immediately tell what your site's purpose is. Maybe that's by design, I don't know.

You have some grammatical and spelling errors in various places which you should address as time permits. They are not what I would call glaring errors, but my eye caught quite a few small issues. (Please note that I have an inherent ability to notice things such as this, so the average user may not even notice.)

On your home page, there is large amount of space below the end of the text. I can see the remnants of the main page's background image and something that looks like the start of another image down there.

Your "Home", "About Me" and "Email" buttons work great, but the "Lunch" and "Pictures" buttons take me to 404 errors.

You've found yourself a nice way to display your writing and I'd day you're off to a pretty good start. The overall layout, while a bit drab (but fitting to your content), is pretty good. Now it's time to go back through and clean it all up and fix the minor issues.

Good luck to you, have fun with it, and thank you for your service to our country.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Re: Please Review My Website

moving thread to review forum.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hey RRaphael

Your sites looking good. You should try centering your page by setting the width to 800. That way you don't get the sideways scroll in some browsers. You should fit all the text into it set at 800.

Some of your page lengths could be shortened for now until you add more text. I'm not keen on the Blue Voda Box, doesn't quite look right. Have you considered some of the small banners in the affiliate program.

I like where your site is heading, Well done.
        Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Thank you all for your help I will get right on it
          and move thread to review forum next time.

http://moonnations.com/

Comment

Hi RRaphael,

What a lot of work youve put into your site, ive enjoyed reading through it...heres what I found that I personally think would enhance your site even more.

First you need to set your page guidelines and page widths and centre your pages, to do this Click on the link at the bottom of my page here.

I found the alphabetical menu a bit confusing...
            On the L-T page you have The Mask behind the curtain,
            on the R-T page you have ...The Forsaken, Either these pages should be in the R-T category ....or M or F...also In C-D you have Righteous Man

My personal opinion would be to s**** the alphabet menu and just keep thm in the categories below the menu ...For example..Power...Evil..Light etc ...and Evil should have a Capitol E.

I think the lovely moon image you have would look great at the top of your page, and theres a handy little tool for resizing your pics/images here on voda ...called ..pix resizer..

Last but not least on some of your very long pages , I think it would better to have 2 or 3 pages rather than one very long one, its to much to take in all at once...well it is for me lol ...so maybe a "Next page"
            I would also use a simple smaller font...heres a sample of the things ive been talking about ..there are no links on this page its just to give you some ideas...Well Done tho its a great site.:o)...oh and the text is justified.

http://www.lindashouseemporium.net/moon.html
            Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
            http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

cool picture!

Comment

Wow thank you

i will start working on that

Moon

Comment

Hi Moon,

You've done a nice job. I'd create a blank page with the phrase 'under construction' for those unfished links. Visitors may think they have run into a dead end when they get an error page. I put photos on my 'under construction pages' just to keep their attention and keep them on the site.

Good luck,
                  Marcie
                  Marcie
                  www.redtractorfarm.com
                  www.iloveacorns.com
                  www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

agree about the width of the page and centering it - would be more pleasing - also agree with the alphabet - it is jarring and not helpful as we dont know what essays you have and how they are named. By content would be better.
                    Interesting writing - keep it up
                    Ann
                    www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
                    www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
                    www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Hi Moon,

Maybe if you just made the font a little smaller, love your site.
                      Sharon Chajin

Comment

Greetings

I redone my web page completely” http://www.moonnations.com/” and I published my index page and all is well, but when I published the rest of my pages I’m not able to see them? I can see my old pages… what have I done wrong?

I have looked at all the possibilities and still I can not see them… I have looked at caps and other mistakes and now I’m stumped need someone’s help thank you ahead of time!

Comment

Just wanted to say that I love your web sites "the everlasting story" how did you get that book to do what it does? Is that protected? If not, how can I have an impressive book like that?
                          I enjoyed the other web sites also. I have personally seen angels, my own and thousands of them!
                          Moon

Comment

Thank you kindly and to all who have helped me ! thank you hope to hear from you again....

Moon

Comment

Working...
                            X