• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • karel
    Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

My 3rd site...Your views please

Well here is my 3rd site. It is just a site so I can send a few cards out and do sites through word of mouth, posts on forums etc and not really full time thing.

Well tell me what you think, good or bad. A big thank you goes to Beth again, although the design is mine, Beth helped answer tons and tons of questions and also helped me a lot with the text...So thanks again Beth.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.
  • davidundalicia
    General

• Mar 2006

Re: My 3rd site...Your views please

Simple but effective design and the message comes across perfectly.

The only thing that stood out for me, was that you have a form which, when filled out, then sends you to the clients own email. This means that the form filling has been a waste of time.

If you need a form script contact me ..............
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

• marciemayer
      Captain

• Jan 2007

Your portfolio links are not going anywhere, I got an error page. The overall look of the site is good but I think you may need to make it a bit more sophisticated with links and drop down menus in order to attract potential customers. I personally prefer simple straight forward sites but someone in the market for a web-builder is going to want to see that your own site has a large variety of options.
      Take care,
      Marcie
      Marcie
      www.redtractorfarm.com
      www.iloveacorns.com
      www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

• Lincslady
        Brigadier General

• Jan 2006

Hi Karel,

Your design is nice and simple, colours are nice, Personally if I was looking for someone to build my site I would want a more detailed list of what you can do, Data base, Photo Gallery HTML etc.... are these sites going to be built with the BV website builder? if so its rather a lot of money for something that someone could do themselves for free once they have bought a Vodahost account....Just wondering.

Your Portfolio page the links to all of the sites are....

Also on your Quote page, the "Website Quote Form" is overlapping the text underneath on my screen.

Other than that youve done a neat job well done :o)
        Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
        http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

• Jeremy
          Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Hey

I am sorry to say but seeing that you are saying you are going to be giving professional services, shouldn't that computer image with the white be taken off and be the same colour as the banner?
          Best regards,
          Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• LadyEye
            General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by Jeremy
            Hey

I am sorry to say but seeing that you are saying you are going to be giving professional services, shouldn't that computer image with the white be taken off and be the same colour as the banner?

Jeremy .... why don't you take it off for him?????

Huh????

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Bethers
              Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Personally if I was looking for someone to build my site I would want a more detailed list of what you can do, Data base, Photo Gallery HTML etc
              Actually, I disagree with this - until you build your own website, did you think in those terms? Did you even know what html is? Or that you might need or want a data base? Or did you think in terms of a photo gallery for a website?

I do agree that giving a list of services available is good - but for basic website design - the people aren't techie or, in most cases, even knowledgeable about what the terms are called for what they might want. And Paul is going for the basic websites - and I believe in this instance that simpler is more.

Jeremy, are you saying that the computer should "float" on the burgundy background? That might, or might not look good, Paul- but I'd be happy to play with it if you'd like.

But, Jeremy, in my opinion - your rotating banner on your site - doesn't fit the page in the pictures you've chosen and detracts from the site. I also noticed on your "our clients" page that the first client has the wrong logo assigned - and yesterday when I tried to see that client's site - I couldn't get to it no matter how I put that url in my computer. You haven't made the clients logos clickable, nor have you used the alt attributes properly on them.

Paul, let me know if you want me to play with the header - or this might be one you would want to have someone else do (did you ever get back to Karen about that?)
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Bethers
                Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Paul,
                The links on the portfolio page- the ones using the anchor text - are input wrong and not working.

You have all of them starting with the firstwebcall url - just go in - highlight and change them to just have the url's to their pages :)
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Collectors-info
                  General

• Feb 2006

Hi,
                  Sorry! But have to agree with Jeremy on the top images. It may look better with just 1 key board or a reversal of the image on the left, placed on the right.
                  Think the Firstwebcall needs to be tidied up a bit. It seems to have a shadow effect coming from 2 angles? & the red backgrounds don’t match.
                  There are a lot of things moving around on page transitions. EI: menus/headings/frames.
                  You have two different colored headings on your pages. (The title to each page).
                  But besides my finicky bits, the site looks real good, with nice colors & easy to understand & navigate.
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Karen Mac
                    General

• Apr 2006

Paul

I dont know if the computer thing makes any difference if its on white or burgandy, but my creators eye says you need a Different header, im not sure what.. but I will think on it and send u my suggestion.

I also think.. that even tho it would be adding some graphics, that you need some thumbnail screen shots of template designs running down one side or alternated on the sides.. just to KEEP the idea of DESIGN going, in case they dont read the text.

Just my two cents.. nothing flashy or to detract from the clean lines, just more visual interest.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• karel
                      Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

Everyone is entitled to their views on that's the idea of asking for feedback.

Firstly I have sorted the problem with the links from the portfolio. I checked each link and it was hyperlinked properly, all I did was re-do it and it worked, so no idea what the problem was there as firstwebcall was not hyperlinked at all. I am also going to put thumbnails in, but as one of the sites is a week old i cannot do this for the time being. I did have thumbnails in, but I thought rather than have 2, it was better to wait until the other site gets picked up, as with all sites things will improve with time.

Lincslady, I appreciate your comments,but as I said in the post and this goes for Jeremys comments too. I am just starting out building for friends and family and also word of mouth. I am just building for people who want a nice simple site for a very cheap price. I am not trying to run before I can walk. I have seen some very bad sites built for £100s of pounds and feel I can do a far better job, I am not after doing sites that I cannot handle,I have not enough experience and this is not the market I am after. I have come so far in a few months and I am learning (with help) so much. I like a challenge and this is a new challenge, but we need to realise that the I am not after massive, difficult projects. I know what I can and cannot do.

Jeremy also as you are doing professional services, as Beth says you need to make the websites you have done clickable, not throwing dirt back, but this is very important, you have far more experience than me here.

But thank you for your comments.

Paul

P.S Karen, Beth thanks for any ideas, if you think you can help, that would be great.

David I have not tested the form as yet, I was going to make sure this was o.k later today, I will take a look and thanks for the offer of help.
                      www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

• LadyEye
                        General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Hi Paul

Nice clean site, I am beginning to see your style in all of your sites. Great job and good for you. Hopefully this is a beginning of something that you can really grab hold of and continue because I know you love doing so. With that said, I believe your prices are reasonable considering you are giving the webhosting and domain name included.

On your portfolio page, you might just need to center your links on the page, they seem a little to the right.

I guess we will see what you end up with for a header, sounds like Bethers or Karen is going to do something for you ....

Keep up the good work, and btw, how was your weekend??

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Karen Mac
                          General

• Apr 2006

Paul,

Sent you an email. Call it a FREEBIE! Check it out, i think youll like it!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• karel
                            Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

Hi Paul

Nice clean site, I am beginning to see your style in all of your sites. Great job and good for you. Hopefully this is a beginning of something that you can really grab hold of and continue because I know you love doing so. With that said, I believe your prices are reasonable considering you are giving the webhosting and domain name included.

On your portfolio page, you might just need to center your links on the page, they seem a little to the right.

I guess we will see what you end up with for a header, sounds like Bethers or Karen is going to do something for you ....

Keep up the good work, and btw, how was your weekend??
                            Thank you for your encouraging words Holly.

If you skip back to a year ago, I had an idea for writing this book. I had no idea how to build a website or what an e-book was, let alone how to get people to find me. But I was going to find out. People like yourself have been brilliant for me, Beth has helped me so much also. The whole forum is by far the most helpful I have been on.

This is not a busniness or anything like that and most prices will be between £150 and £250, the £500 would have to be many pages with a shopping facility etc....The oxleywoodhouse one I did, I charged £170 with hosting, this was very cheap and I am happy to do it for this price, I actually like doing it and no way is this suppose to be an income, just a few extra pounds doing something I enjoy.

When I do a site for someone it will be 100%, I will double check everything, hopefully in most cases use Karens services to create logos and banners, I have recenlty bought paint shop pro, so see how I grasp that. But there are so many people who by their own admission cannot even switch a computer on, but they own a small business or want a site as a hobby, this is the people I am after, hopefully along the way I will learn so much.

Karen can I just say thank you so much for the banner its fantastic, I am definatly going to use you in the future when I need a banner/logo doing and thank you so much for this free one, that's very kind, but I honestly don't mind paying and will be glad to in the future.

Holly had a good alcohol free weekend, thanks for asking, it was tough on saturday, but I did it. Hope you had a good one too Lady Holly........Take care

Paul
                            www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

• Collectors-info
                              General

• Feb 2006

Hi, this is only a personal view & don’t wish to upset anyone! But I think your old logo looked better. (But always good to try different ideas) There is something about placing light images on dark backgrounds that leaves a ghost like image at the background of the letters, & ends up looking smudged. I think the old style looked more modern & not quite so prosthetic in style & colour as your new one. (If prosthetic is the right word).

Good luck.
                              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                              X