• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karen Ringrose
    First Lieutenant

• Feb 2007

let us know what you think please

Hi please can you let me know what you think to my site, http://urbancouturepaperweddingstuff.com
    this is our first site so if anyone has advise, tips, or ideas we would love to hear them.

Any feedback would be appreciated

thanks everyone Karen and Marcus
  • asirimarco
    Brigadier General

• Jun 2006

Re: let us know what you think please

You should keep your page width to 800 and center the pages.
    I think it would look better if you heading was completely on the picture page - just my opinion also get rid of the stat counter or at least move it to the bottom
    Ann
    www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
    www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
    www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

• larazovich
      General

• Jul 2006

I agree with Ann about the centering.
      The lettering being on the heading would be better, I think, too, and maybe a different color, as it is hard to read over the header picture.
      Couple of other things.
      The font you are using is really small, and for me hard to read.
      The collection page takes a long long time to load, and I have a speedy computer..
      The wording style page - it might distinguish one style from another if you placed the words on a simulated piece of stationery - just a thought.
      I like the Bride and Groom Guide idea, but, again, the font is small and hard to read. Also, you might want to offer the guide as a free downloadable document, a nice touch, I think.
      On the font page, several of the fonts appear the same. If you want to show them differently you are going to have to place them on a jpeg or something like that, or you will be at the mercy of whatever fonts your viewer has on their computer. (there are only a few 'web-friendly' fonts,that most everybody has. So most computers will default anything they don't actually have installed)
      One more thing, In the heading where you have sort of random capital letters - Although it is a style choice, it seems rather informal or maybe just alittle confusing for a wedding site. I found myself trying to make a word out of the capital letters, and I don't think that is where you are wanting the focus to be.
      Looks like you have a fine product.
      Tweak your site a bit, and your business can be beautifully showcased.
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• Bethers
        Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

I also agree that you need to get the wording on your header into your header-

Also, in your page title - you run the name of your site all together- the only place you should do that is when giving the url.

I also suggest that you always give the url with the www. in front of it - it's what people are used to - and you want the se's to always see your name in the same way.

You are using a typeface that many people won't have on their computers, and so it won't look like it does to you. You might want to re-think that and use one of the web friendly fonts:
        A list with the common fonts to all versions of Windows and their Mac equivalents, useful when creating websites.

Using statcounter for stats is very useful - but get their invisible version - it's unprofessional to have the counter on the page itself.

You also need to have navigation to all pages - NOT the way you did it. The way you did is good for an extra method to travel the site - but not good for ease of use for people or search engines. In fact, se's can't read that navigation at all. Then the navigation needs to be on every page - as soon as I got to a collection page that had a "back to collection" only button, you'd lose me - cuz maybe that's not where I want to go.

It would also be nice if the prices were with the collections - instead of having to flip back and forth. The price page is nice to have also, but not only. With the picture put in as a background - it's repeating itself throughout the price page and makes reading some of the prices near to impossible. And again, that page is without ANY navigation to get to any other page.

Someone else mentioned the small text - the type of text and size on the order page makes it totally unreadable for me. Again, use a web friendly font - and be easy on people's eyes.

The combination of the design of the header - and the width you're using on some pages - are going to make your pages very difficult for the majority of people to see. I have no problem with widths of under 1024 - but you have gone over that on many pages.

You want to have a fluid template - where it flows from page to page.

You have picked an elegant design and done an extraordinary job - but need to tweak it to fit the users - and make if very easy for people who want to buy :)
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Dori
          Lieutenant Colonel

• Sep 2006

I definitely agree with Ann, Liz and Bethers! You do have an elegant design... you just need to work it a little. Your photos (home page ring, etc.) need to be sized before bringing them into BV. You will get much cleaner and more professional images.
          Very important to keep the same navigation style from page to page... you don't want people spending there time looking for the next link... you want them to spend time shopping.
          Pictures are way too big and will take a long time to load. Create smaller thumbnails that allow the customer to click on them for a bigger version. This will allow a product page that is more pleasing to the eye and faster to load.
          Please resize your pages to 800 width. You will stress out those already stressed bride to be's with having to scroll right and probably lose a bunch of them before they buy. Add more pages if you have to, even giving each Collection page a title as in Romantic, Whimsical, Floral, Fantasy... however you want to break up your groups.
          You really do have some fabulous beginnings here!
          Naturally Yours,
          Dori
          www.earthelixirs.com
          www.earthelixirsinc.com
          www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
          www.virtualdesigndiva.com
          www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

• Jimmac
            Sergeant

• Feb 2007

I think the photo quality on the guide page needs to be addressed as well as changing fonts. Also The buttons are un attractive. Other then that from one Wedding pro to another Good Work!
            www.mainedigitalphotography.com
            Jim@mainedigitalphotography.com

Comment

• Karen Ringrose
              First Lieutenant

• Feb 2007

thanks for all your comments, we are slowly getting the changes done...

Comment

Working...
              X