Please check out my first site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please check out my first site

Ok, I believe I have covered most of the bases. It is not in its completed form as I still have content to add but I would appreciate it very much if you would take at my site as it is now and give me your opinion.

http://www.deepsouthrides.com

Thanks!
    It can be a great day but it's your choice!

Rick
    P.S. Don't let the world pass you by, ride out ahead of it on a motorcycle!

Re: Please check out my first site

Hey Rick!

You did a really good job for your first time!

I suggest you centre the page so we don't always have to look on the left.

Also, when I clicked on Cars .. and clicked on Home, the link didn't work.

Good job!
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Jeremy,

Thanks, for that, I corrected the broken link. I'm not sure about the centering. I thought that I had been following the guides of the page layout. There is some empty space to the right of my article and that will be filled with additional content. Any tips on the centering of the page would be greatly appreciated.

Rick

Comment

Ok, I realize I have a centering problem. Looks like CSS is the way to correct it. Could someone direct me to the tutorial on CSS as I have been searching and can't find one.
        Thanks,

Rick

Comment

Hi Rick,
          Centering your page is easy:

1. Right click page properties.
          2. Under General, set your page width - if the page width property is to high your page won't center. Any number under 1000 will do
          3. Mark ' center in browser'
          4. Save page
          5. Publish
          If it doesn't show as centered after you publish, it may be that your browser is clogged up so you need to pump on F5 a dozen times or so to clear out old images and see what is really up. Good luck.
          Marcie
          Marcie
          www.redtractorfarm.com
          www.iloveacorns.com
          www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Hi TrickyRick!
            You are doing a great job! I will have to forward this site to my ball and chain as he is into cars and bikes. Your menu buttons are all scrunched up for me. Lower your BV affiliate button and open up that box so we can see everything please.
            Naturally Yours,
            Dori
            www.earthelixirs.com
            www.earthelixirsinc.com
            www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
            www.virtualdesigndiva.com
            www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Well done on your first site, one thing I did notice is there seems to be something under your navigation buttons saying 'BIKES FOR SALE' have you placed the buttons over something else? It just comes across as a little untidy.

Good luck though with your new site.

I will have to forward this site to my ball and chain as he is into cars and bikes.
              Dori lol, the ball and chain, wait till I tell him ha ha.
              www.anxietynomore.co.uk
              The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
              Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
              Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Thanks for those positive comments freom everyone. Karel, I noticed the Bikes for sale thing today myself. That wasn't there yesterday after I published or at least it didn't show its head.

Dori, I will open up the buttons a bit so they aren't scrunched up.

I'm having a very difficult time with the Menus for some reason. I went through and set alternate names for each menu choice so that the url doesn't show, a real name does. Well it seems that every time I update a page and it may have nothing to do with the menus, the update wipes out the alternate names on the menu choices. I have to go back and edit the menu and re-enter each one again. Need help here please.

marciemayer, thanks for those tips on centering. I will give that a shot.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by karel
                  Well done on your first site, one thing I did notice is there seems to be something under your navigation buttons saying 'BIKES FOR SALE' have you placed the buttons over something else? It just comes across as a little untidy.

Good luck though with your new site.

Dori lol, the ball and chain, wait till I tell him ha ha.
                  That's nothing... you should hear what he calls me! LOL

Tricky... I wish I could help with your problem but I have never encountered it before. Are you on server 2 or 6? They changed them over recently and I know people have experienced some problems because they didn't realize the change.
                  Naturally Yours,
                  Dori
                  www.earthelixirs.com
                  www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dori
                    That's nothing... you should hear what he calls me! LOL

Tricky... I wish I could help with your problem but I have never encountered it before. Are you on server 2 or 6? They changed them over recently and I know people have experienced some problems because they didn't realize the change.
                    Pssss .. Dori, I know this off subject but remember when my Leafs bet your team? haha!
                    Best regards,
                    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Hi Tricky

You must have corrected your "alt tags" in regards to your nav bar ... they appear there as I look now ...

You should go about and title your pages - if you right click on each page, and select page properties, you will notice an area to fill in for "Title" - you should give each page a unique name related to the content on that page - this is what you see in your task bar, at the bottom of your screen, when you view a page, and also what your page will be saved as if the viewer chooses to add it to their favorites. As it is now, it says "Untitled page" - you won't want that.

On your motorcycles page, you have a white text box covering tips n bikes and bikes for sale, so therefore unless you hold your mouse over that white area, you do not see the nav button for these two pages from this motorcycle page.

You might consider encrypting your email address, since you have it as a clickable link you are a target for spam ... you can encrypt your address here at this great place, first introduced to me by Navel, it truly works if you go without the contact form. Click here to see all about this. It is also suggested too, that you have your email address visible without a clickable link so that people can copy and paste your email into their choice of email.

I see you've been given the tip to center your pages. That always looks nice.

You might consider having the same navigation bar, containing the links to all your pages on every page of your site. This may help too with some of the troubles you are having. As well, it is always nice to be able to move around a site to all pages from all pages.
                      A little extra work for you, but you don't have a whole lot, so it would be worth it ...

A really nice site ... good for you!!

You're becoming Trickier, lol!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

LadyEye,

Thanks so much for your review and your suggestions. I have made many of them and corrected the problems (I believe) that you referenced. Please check out the Motorcycles Page to see if you still see the problem. I have added the page titles to all the motorcycle pages, have the car pages to do but not tonight as I'm tired.

I definately want to encrypt my e-mail address and I went to the site you shared but a little fuzzy on the process. Might be I am just little fuzzy anyway.

Dori, I'm not sure which server I am on and too young to know where to look for this information so if you don't mind, would you point me in the right direction?

Centering is on my agenda to learn and I'll will get there.

Thanks a bunch to all.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy
                          Pssss .. Dori, I know this off subject but remember when my Leafs bet your team? haha!
                          I hear ya Jeremy... the score should have been 3 to 2... as a former goalie EMPTY NETTERS DON'T COUNT! LOL
                          Naturally Yours,
                          Dori
                          www.earthelixirs.com
                          www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

Hi Tricky,

Here is a link to Voda6 http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/new...ce-notice.html there is also a link for Voda2 under the News forum. Check your IP address to see if you are using the old ones and then follow the instructions. This might help with your problems.

Excellent suggestions LadyEye!
                            Naturally Yours,
                            Dori
                            www.earthelixirs.com
                            www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

Hi Rick, Don’t know if this will help you get started. Had a few spare moments & it seemed like you where struggling a bit on a few things? No problem if not needed! Was just some ideas. (Please don’t feel like you have to use it)
                              Try this link. http://www.collectors-info.com/testing/dsr.html
                              Might be an idea to set your self up a template to use across the site to make navigation & layout a bit easier. If the page is any good for you? Post back here & I will send it in the mail.

Cheers.

PS. Might be a bit of a coincidence. A friend of mine just flew back from seeing friends in a place called ATHENS?, about an hour ago. Apparently they have a shop called
                              Cycle world of Athens. Is that in your neck of the woods?
                              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                              X