site review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• site review

hello,finally have most of my site up. would like some feedback, suggestions,ect...lucidfusionstudio.com
    Thanks much
    desiree

Re: site review

sorry, I neglected to write where...its www.lucidfusionstudio.com

Comment

sorry, late night I forgot to write ..its www.lucidfusionstudio.com

Comment

Desiree,
        Nice work.
        Your photos load quickly and are *****.
        Some tweaking will help make it a better site.
        -Your pages are too wide, hence the horizontal scroll, a feature users hate. Go back to Page Properties and set width to 800.
        -Different thoughts on your e-mail, some like to include the link some do not. Personally I think it makes it easier for users to e-mail you without having to cut and paste. Unfortunately it also makes it easier for junk mailers.
        -Change the links to open in same window, a lot of users will close your pages if new ones pop up. Under NavBAr properties use _self rather than _blank.
        -Consider adding to your page titles so they are not all the same, add a descriptive word such as 'design art'
        -On page, not sure if it is 'Center Studion' or "Studio" and in the
        Contact page "oncommissions" is 2 words.

Good luck
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hey,

I realised that your screen resolution must be set at 1280 from how you built your website. The smallest you can go is 800, gotta remember the other people out there with smaller screens, you don't want them scrolling left to right.

Make the page width 800 and centre the pages so everyone is happy in the end! haha
          Best regards,
          Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

I like all these modern art paintings, brilliant stuff. I liked the layout and design and as Bill says, pictures are ***** and load well.
            One this to suggest is not to have each link opening up on a new page everytime and have your links load in the same window. I don't like sites that don't do this as i end up with loads of windows i need to close once finished which i find really annoying.

Looks good so far apart from that though
            Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
            FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

thank you so much for all for the advice...will follow. Question, what is the best way to set up an email so that it will redirect to my hotmail account? I understand that I have to set one up in cp first. I notice some people set up an email form on their site. Is the tutorial for this under forms? thanks again and will let you know when I republish.
              Desiree

Comment

There is a tutorial, after you set up your email account in your cp, you will be able to check it from Hotmail or any other program you prefer to use.
                Bill
                www.blueearthtea.com
                www.ftaaconsulting.com
                www.iaval.com
                www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

I agree with the guys! Beautiful work and the colors of your site do not detract from your artwork. Definitely center and shrink your page width and make sure that you optimize your images. Very nicely done.
                  Naturally Yours,
                  Dori
                  www.earthelixirs.com
                  www.earthelixirsinc.com
                  www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
                  www.virtualdesigndiva.com
                  www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Great choice of colors. I agree with everyone else here. Fix the page size so there is no sideways scroll and you have done a nice job!
                    Affordable Medical Insurance
                    Discount Dental Plan
                    Washington State Health Insurance
                    Temporary Health Insurance
                    Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Hi, real nice looking site. But can’t agree with the other guys on the images. Having images of this kb is fine, but remember that most of the planet hasn’t got broadband & pages will load very slowly for those without.
                      IE: your front page image http://www.lucidfusionstudio.com/IMG_0089_edited.jpg is just over 1 meg 1255.17 kB & for this size should be no more than 35kb max
                      What would help dramatically on page loading times is 1. A lot of your images are lets say 800x800 at around 225kb & you have squeezed them down to lets say 250x250 But are still using the same amount of kb’s. As an example of what might help is if we use this image http://www.lucidfusionstudio.com/DSCN0416.JPG that has a file size of 125kb 429x424 & reduce the fiscal size to 250x250’ish. You will see the kb’s have come down to 32kb with no loss in quality. (One bellow).

Now if you cut and paste this link (This is the image above) http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...INFO/p1111.jpg & place it in the url box on this page http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/imageoptimizer/index.php & press the optimize button, It will give you a choice of reducing it even farther if you wished.

The other reason for keeping your image size down to the lowest without loosing quality is 1. To deter thieves, as if you printed this it would be useless. 2. Will dramatically increase the speed & loading times of pages. 3. Will reduce your bandwidth usage on visitors using your site.

Good luck.

PS. Like the style of the site.
                      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Sorry! The link above that I said to place in the optimiser? Click on the link & take the link out the address bar. Then place it in the optimizer. (my fault) It seems like you may even get it down to 15kb’ish But this is personal choice.

Good luck.
                        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                        X