• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • edubx
    Private

• Mar 2007

my first site- what do you think?

I joined vodahost about two weeks ago and this is my first site. I'm just looking for as much constructive criticism as possible. Please feel free to leave much feedback. www.thepicksource.com

P.S.- I'm also wondering how to get recognized on google. Do I have to register somewhere or just generate traffic?
  • beegud2
    Major General

• Apr 2006

Re: my first site- what do you think?

Welcome edubx to VH. Nice site and intersting one too...easy to navigate and the links seem to work. I didn't spend alot of time but here are a few things i noticed and this is jsut my opinion...lol

1. Title your pages ..that is right click an select Properties and in the dialog box title you pages..eg' HOME' . This allows the search engines to find you more easily.

2. I woudl center the menu bar ..but that's my personal choice.

3. I think that the 4.95 banner you have on your homepage should be somewhere else on your site and jsut leave your website banner by itself...for me its not in syn to see those two together...maybe you could put the ad banner at the bottom of page.

That's all and good job...Justa bit of tweaking nd you should beo n your way. Oh and you can ask VH to submit your site tot he search engines...they do this as a one time thing for all customers. Submit asupport ticket and also you can submit on your own to other serch engines. IT takesa while but you'll get there. Good luck.
    Beezz
    sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

• edubx
      Private

• Mar 2007

Thanks so much for the feedback! So would it be more advantageous to title my pages something like "The Pick Source Inc.-Buy Picks Page" or just "Buy Picks Page?"

Comment

• Bethers
        Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

How about reading a bit about basic SEO - maybe it'll help you with titling your pages and maybe other things, too:
        SEO - The Basics
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X