X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SherylT
    Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2007

Re: 75% Finished, Awaiting All Comments!

Karen, you're the second person to see a rounded image at the bottom. I can't see it at all. I put a square box at the bottom with the footer in it, and page has a border around it. If you're seeing it at the very bottom, I can't.
    Sheryl Tupa
    Cust-M-Cartoons -- 10% Discount Code: "FORUM"
    Personalized Cartoons For Everyone and Personalized Music CDs for Kids
    New Baby Cartoons
    Personalized Cartoons to announce your new arrival!
    Cloud Nine Photo Magic
    Specializing in unique children & pet portraiture

Comment

• Bethers
      Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

I don't see a rounded image either - unless she's looking at a different page and didn't say which?

Sheryl - as to the number of images/per page - on a store you can think about it a tad different than what others would do. We see lots of sites with the page button. It's been shown on stores that many people never use that on a product page - so having the extra images is better than doing extra pages IN MOST cases. I have some pages with extra images. I try to find enough categories to avoid overdoing it - but sometimes you can't. And for the people still in dark ages on dial up - loading one page slowly is faster than loading two or three pages slowly (even with less images). For example, if one page with 30 images loaded for them in 2 minutes - and you divided that to 3 pages of 10 images each - it would most likely take over a minute each page - and they would never get to that 3rd page. Now, hopefully your optimized images won't take 2 minutes on a page (like the old host) but we have to look at it from all angles and try to get as many people as possible.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

• SherylT
        Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2007

I was originally thinking about breaking up the images into pages, but when I look back at my SOI store, people had to scroll down quite a bit, as each product was on it's own line. I'm thinking I'll be okay with with I have now. Like I said before most images have been made smaller and the page with the most will have 16 lines of 3 pictures.

The blue background and red border is starting to grow on me. I like it more everytime I see it! Thanks for the suggestion.

You guys (gals) are the best.

By the way, I changed the nameservers on my other website (listed below) and it moved over perfectly! Now I won't have to worry any longer about doing that for cust-m-cartoons.
        Sheryl Tupa
        New Baby Cartoons
        Cloud Nine Photo Magic

Comment

• Bethers
          Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Multi-tasking are you? Working on 2 at once? LOL - looks nice - and I'm jealous all winter of where you are. I love Arizona.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

• coffeegourmet
            Second Lieutenant

• Feb 2007

Sheryl,

Hello from another forum member! I think your site looks good! I guess you are building it yourself in Blue Voda, I might do same myself for my site, and am here just checking out other sites to see what is going on.

I think your site looks good, and I saw your picture in your posts.. you look nothing like a cartoon character at all! *LOL* Great job and I wish you all the best with your site. I just need the ambition and time to do mine too!
            My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!

Comment

• Karen Mac
              General

• Apr 2006

Sheyrl

I see it in firefox. Make sure you dont still have the transparent shape of it somewhere still, would be my guess. I can see the square one too, just shorter and like over the top of the rounded one.

Also if i go to any other page and then hit the home button I get your SOL site! Not sure if thats your intention or if you are propogating the domains.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• SherylT
                Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2007

Coffee Gourmet: thanks for the comments. I put off joining VodaHost for about 2 months before I finally decided to make the jump. It's been so exciting learning the Blue Voda software, and I don't regret making the switch at all. My site is not totally off SOI yet. Still adding all my products.

KarenMac: That's why you see it go back to my SOI home page. Think I'd better go in and take that link information out until site is totally complete. Was doing come calculations last night, and figure it will take me about 50 total hours to get everything re-entered. Trying to do at least 3 hours a night after I get home from work. It won't be long!!!
                Sheryl Tupa
                New Baby Cartoons
                Cloud Nine Photo Magic

Comment

• Karen Mac
                  General

• Apr 2006

Sheryl

Ya Beth told me that after i had posted.. I just didnt think about that aspect as i just MOVE! And work the details out as i go!

:)

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                  X