• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kenb
    Captain

• Sep 2006

Animation speed

Hi there
    I am developing a site with water elements that appear live and I was just wondering how they appear on your end as far as speed or realism of the water. I know that the loading time is long and that is because it is attached to my main site and a few works in progress. Thanks kenb here it is http://lightningcycles.ca/harbor.html
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Animation speed

Congratulations on your creative leanings!

I personally don't think it currently comes across as slick as it might, though:
    1. The obvious gap between the realism of the background and the "houseboat" is too great for my eye to ignore: would you consider muting the background to not only make the boat more 'prominent' but significantly more "balanced" as far as composition goes?

2. I think slowing down the speed of the ripple would not only be more asthetically appealling in context of the solution above, but would be more contributory to reducing the file size as well (faster load).

I like the idea wholly, and applaud your ingenuity. Refreshing!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• kenb
      Captain

• Sep 2006

Thanks for your appreciation of my work. It has been a long way to get to this point in the design and I really would like to present this in the most realistic form as possible. I do agree with the background contrast being against the houseboat so I will just blur it out as you suggested. I can also slow down the ripple speed but it a bit of trial and error. Thanks again Vasili

Comment

• larazovich
        General

• Jul 2006

Looks like you might have a blank or black frame at one end or another in your animation, too,.as there is a noticible black sort of falsh as it loops...?
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com
        www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• kenb
          Captain

• Sep 2006

I think those are tree or rock shadows. The variables are endless for that program. I am going to do some tweeking and try some different combos.

Comment

• kenb
            Captain

• Sep 2006

I slowed down the speed of the water. Before I blur the backgrounds, I was hoping to get some more opinions on the contrast.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Most excellent so far on the pixillation of the background....a better fit completely, don't you think? A slight "blurring" as you put it might be the final touch on creating the optimal balance.

The rippling took only half as long as last time, but, I honestly believe if you slow it again by half as much, it too, will present optimally.....(1/4 speed of original speed)
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Bethers
                Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

I like the idea! Didn't see the original, so can't comment on the speed.

My question is - the houseboat now looks like it isn't sitting on the water - but is angled up off it - which is what doesn't look right to me. Can that be fixed in anyway?
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

• kenb
                  Captain

• Sep 2006

Yes I can alter the perspective of the houseboat pics. What I have to do is to have the still background open in a seperate window and then take shots of the houseboat at different camera angles in the design program and then cut out the surrounding from the boat including all the little window and rail cuttouts in a picture altering program in order to show the complete background as if it were actually there. After all that, I try to place the boat to look perspective correct and then send it over to my annimated water program to bring it to life. So in other words, a few tedious steps to complete.
                  Beth could you tell me the pic you were referring to? Thanks

Comment

• kenb
                    Captain

• Sep 2006

Thanks for the comments and advice on the pictures. I will be putting it all together and show it when it's complete. Thanks kenb

Comment

Working...
                    X