Finally finished & out there Need to know allis well & working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally finished & out there Need to know allis well & working

After weeks of sleepness night's and days i am finally there and its now out there !!! Can anyone please check over site, let me know if links are all working, spellings ok and if pic's and pages are loading quicker now i have removed all the music from pages?
    Appreciate any feedback as i have noticed that people are checking it out but not giving any tips or pointers !
    Much appreciated.
    Karen :)
    www.urbancouturepaperweddingstuff.com

Re: Finally finished & out there Need to know allis well & working

Hi Karen, all of the links that I tried worked OK (didnt try them All)

Pics seem to be loading ok for me.............

One small comment, the white text on the light blue background
    is not that easy to read................

Otherwise, I can see that you have spent a heckof a lot of time in getting things just right............big, big, well done..............
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Nice. You sure have done alot of work on it, and it shows.
      On most of the pages the pictures are not fast to load. When I look at the size, they are pretty heavy. Have you run all the pics through the pix rexizer?
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Hi David
        Lovely thank you for the comments not too sure what page you are referring to with regards the blue background with i white writing? was it the price guide by any chance ?
        Thanks
        Regards
        Karen

Comment

Hi Liz
          Never heard of the pix rexizer so no i guess not ! Can you please tell me more would be so appreciated
          and thanks for taking time to look and for your comments
          Regards
          Karen

Comment

Pic resizer is here: http://www.vodahost.com/pix.htm

and the page I was referring to was your home page top and the dropdown menus.............
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
            Newbies / Beginners Forum
            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Very nice but my pc froze on the font page.
              Sharon Chajin

Comment

David, Thanks Very much for the link to the rezixer program! its very good, shame we didnt know about it, about a month ago! and maybe it could be added to the first download of blue voda??

Thanks again

Kind Regards
                marcus

Comment

Karen,

I believe that I clicked through every link and they all worked for me. I had a little difficulty in reading your menu items with the white on light grey. Might be my display properties. Other than that, looks pretty good to me.Good luck with it.
                  It can be a great day but it's your choice!

Rick
                  P.S. Don't let the world pass you by, ride out ahead of it on a motorcycle!

http://www.deepsouthrides.com

Comment

Hey Rick
                    Thanks for that it must ahve taken you ages and ages ! Bless you thanks x
                    Marcus , said he has'nt forgotten about your duke article ' he said if he can ever get on here ' as ime never off i look like David !!!!! LOL
                    Yea will have to check this menu bar out now as its getting the same comments !
                    Thanks again
                    Take it easy
                    Karen
                    :)

Comment

Karen,

I have to say those two marquees at the very top are annoying and distracting! I would much rather just see your sale for the month of march, than to have my eyes bouncing around the page trying to figure out what both of them say and rather or not they are relevant. If you have to have both.. try bounce and stop so they dont continually go!

Other than that.. you are looking much better than when I first viewed the store.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

As to the marquee's - I'd totally get rid of the top one and put those words stationary on the page. The 2nd one needs to be slowed down - both are moving too fast and together distracting. I think the 2nd one could work by itself if slowed down.

I'm also not a fan of the italicized text for your address info. Italics used as more than an occasional word are very hard for some people to read - unless you up the size. I think the size is appropriate for what you're doing, so wouldn't have that in italics.

I also would remove the BV banner from the bottom of the home page. It detracts from your site... If you want to give BV credit, do so in your own way - with a nice, non-detracting link - Something like the way I do it on A Child's Palace would work for you.

Your home page needs to be centered properly - looks like the width properties are probably out of whack.

Back to the 2nd marquee - I'd remove the words "website launch" - just have it start with a Month of March specials.

On the "something pretty" page - it keeps going and going - with lots of white space. It would look better if you closed off the end - bring an end to the white box and let the background color surround like you do on the home page.

And that bottom surround would actually be a great place for a "footer" - with the stuff like the link to BV and your copyright.

Your look is so YOU - it's great to see that - and looking very good.
                        Beth
                        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Karen: Looks great. You've come a long way. On the index page at the bottom, "net weddings" seems to be covering up some text..you might want to look at that. In addition to everything else, you are doing a great job!
                          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Karen,

No, it didn't take too long to go through them. Your site is really taking shape. It's kind of like a never ending project, you just want to keep adding or changing something. Keep up the great work!

No problem on the article. When ever he gets a shot at the computer is ok with me LOL. I'm going tomorrow afternoon to do a test ride on a Harley Davidson Softail Custom so look for that feature article next month.
                            It can be a great day but it's your choice!

Rick
                            P.S. Don't let the world pass you by, ride out ahead of it on a motorcycle!

http://www.deepsouthrides.com

Comment

Very nice so far. The only thing I can think to mention other than what a nice site it is going to be is, the model in the photos on your header seems to have to black eyes, maybe the photo is stretched too much, but looks bad. Your copyright 2006 is placed too hig on the page it is place above the last paragraph.
                              Choco777
                              www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Working...
                              X