• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimchicago
    Major

• Aug 2006

What do you think?

The second website I've designed using BlueVoda is now up at www.retrobash.com. It's less than 10 pages in total, so . . . thank you for visiting and commenting.
  • SChajin
    Major General

• Jan 2006

Re: What do you think?

It looks good, I think you might want to center your pages though.
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

• larazovich
      General

• Jul 2006

I like the site. Normally I am not a fan of dark backgrounds, but this fits the theme..
      The group that this is supporting - CEP Youth Leadership, is pretty interesting. I clicked on their logo and saw the site. But it'd be nice to have a button that clicks to there, instead of the accidental linking, just would be more clear what this about. Otherwise it is a site about a party only.. not a bad thing; one of my sites is just that, but I think your party is more than that.
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• davidundalicia
        General

• Mar 2006

I dont know where the dark bacgrounds came from, because I didnt see any...
        As I would expect from a professional, you have paid attention to detail and your site is very impresive, well laid out, and in my opinion, good choice of colours.(My colour choices are not usually greeted very well by others...lol)

Only 2 things:
        Sharon has mentioned the centering of your pages, and your pics seem to take a while to load.

Last thought, your contact form allowed me to submit a blank form....(how many times have I typed out that comment....)

Try using a simple PHP script to check your fields before your form can be submitted.

have fun

Edit:.....Oh dear, I reviewed the wrong website,,,my comments were for your other site...I need to go for a siesta.........
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

• jimchicago
          Major

• Aug 2006

David/Lucia, thanks for the comments on my JH Writing & Marketing site; I was kind of thinking I should ask folks to comment on that one too.

I saw in my e-mail inbox that a blank form had been submitted (must have been from you). Can you point me to a BV tutorial about using a simple PHP script to check the fields before a form can be submitted?

Thanks also to larazovich and SChajin for your comments!

P.S. If any of you would like to answer another VH-related question that I have:

Comment

• davidundalicia
            General

• Mar 2006

Hi Jim, just download my free contact form and have a look at the processing.php file to give you some ideas.

NavalDesign also has a free advanced forms processor wich you could use, and not to forget, Andy also has a free form...........
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
            Newbies / Beginners Forum
            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

• Bethers
              Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Here's what I'm missing - Give me details about the program so that I want to donate to it. I'm seriously considering sending a donation - but there are no details and I don't WANT to call to ask for - where does the money go? How much goes to the program - how much to fundraising, etc?

You definintely need a page or two on who/what CEP Youth Leadership is - or a link to that website - so that information can be easily found.

AND, you have to have an complete mailing address for people to send items/donations to.

Believe me, I've been doing charity functions for years. People need it made as easy for them as possible. And if the answers aren't there, they'll leave and most likely never come back - and this is even true for people somewhat aware of the program.

And if I did want to donate, and was ready to donate - I couldn't because the information to mail something to you is not there. I won't do the click here to email either - I want the email address on the page, so I can choose what program I open to email her - not what's default on my computer - or even what I set default to - as that might not be the one I'd use in this instance.

You assume that anyone there will know how to reach Debbie at the CEP office - but I don't - no clue - and I won't be the only one.

:)
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

• makingreatstuff
                Sergeant First Class

• Jan 2007

I need some encouragement. My site has been up nearly 6 weeks or more and I have only had one sale and that is because I directed him there from my ebay store. Any suggestions?

makingreatstuff.com
                Beth
                Hello all!!!
                thanks for helping!
                www.makingreatstuff.com

Comment

Working...
                X