Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please review my website.....need advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please review my website.....need advice!

Dear friends, i have published my home page after lots of trials and errors. But to be honest, i feel something just not right. Even after spending hours to figure it out, i am still not able to point it. Please review my website, www.isharealestates.com , and tell me your opinion. I will be more than happy to follow ur expert advices.(none of the links r working yet)

regards,
    Shiva

Re: Please review my website.....need advice!

Pretty good Shiva, don't worry, I am almost done with that banner of yours!
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Looks great, I love the way you show the photos.....Good Job
      Sharon Chajin

Comment

Thanks Jeremy for your appreciation. But some advice will help me a lot. And thanks for that banner too. I m dying to have a look at it.
        regards,
        Shiva

Comment

Thanks Schajin. But don't u see anything missing or wrong here? I am not getting that harmony in my website.

Comment

What program did you use to make that Flash Intro? It looks like a template, right?

Also, that rotating flash feature is great, all though some people might be confused and might want to search a home first by its square footage, or how many bathrooms it has and once they type in the info it has the best search results will show the home that suits them.

You also didn't name your page (Untitled Page).

Also, maybe consider having some buttons that say about me/us, homes for sale, contact us etc.

Your starting out well though. Keep it up.
            Best regards,
            Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Hi Shiva: Nice job so far, but I see what you mean about it not quite coming together. Here are a few of my personal opinions that I hope may be of some use to you.

1. I think the intro flash needs to go! It doesn't set the same mood as the rest of your site. The colors, fonts and just general style aren't the same. I love flash, but only on certain sites. I think if you are wanting a professional Real Estate site, I'm just not sure that fits.
              2. I love your colors of your main site, kind of a lavendar and orange. They go well together and I really like the photo on the home page, (is that you?) Although I like the way the bubbles come at you, again, I'm just not sure how it fits in.
              3. Your navigation menu seems tucked away, up there in your header, so I didn't see it right away. Maybe spread out the words and move it below the line in your header?
              4. I like the rotating pictures, but not on the home page. I think you would benefit more, by having slightly larger, yet optimized photos on the home page using either a gallery or the bv ad rotating banner to show off the photos.
              5. One of the things that really stood out, or didn't...was where you are located. Your contact page, doesn't say what part of the world you are in. I had to do a google search to find that Chennai is in India. I would work India somewhere into your home page. Maybe a map could be included as well.
              6. Although most of your other links don't work yet, it appears you have a lot of great content that is going into your site. I look forward to seeing the rest. I love your tips page. Company is mis-spelled in your nav bar. I can read the tips, but it is a strain with the font and color you have used. You may want to re-visit that.

You have a great start, and I think your home page, just needs a little tweaking here and there. I would use the same nav bar design on all your pages and have them all in the same place on each page as well. I would also try and stay with as much white space as possible and use your lavender, orange and dark blue as accent colors either with the text, nav bars, borders, etc.

and btw...love the slogan, "A house is made of bricks and beams; a home is made of love and dreams"...keep that around, ok?

Let us know how you are progressing by coming back to this thread and updating us, when you have a bit more. And of course, ask alot of questions. You are bound to get lots of opinions! lol
              Cindy
              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

I agree with Cindy, the Intro is too much and doesn't seem to mesh well with site. Not all links working. If you use sitereportcard, you can see any problems with links.Looking good, clean site, you've put a lot work into it and it shows. Good luck
                Choco777
                www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Dr,

The intro is very nice but really could do with slowing down to create a more peaceful welcome.

I totally respect your beliefs however, I am not sure if it is appropriate to have the spiritual leader in such a prime position on the site.
                  If at all the bottom corner would in my mind be more acceptable.

Remembering it is a business site and not all clients visiting the site have the understanding you do on spiritually.

Great business idea and with excellent service you cant help but do well if you always put the customer first.
                  Caution: filling may be hot

Comment

oops, sorry Shiva....I did not realize who Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev was. He sounds like a wonderful spiritual leader. As hot dog pointed out, not all of us would know. I hope I didn't offend you by thinking it was you. I totally understand where HotDog comes from as far as positioning his photo on your business website. However, I also respect the spiritual blessing that may be given and bestowed upon you by him. At the least, I would have a little blurb about him (such as that below, that I found on a website) with his photo.

For those who are interested...Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev is a realized master, yogi and profound mystic from Southern India. He embodies the universal truths of the great spiritual masters, both East and West, who transcend any religious divide. Through public talks and yoga programs, he teaches a unique perspective to all seeking a higher expression of life, inner peace, health and fulfillment.
                    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

phew...Thank you Dream Lady, choco777 and Hot_Dog for ur esteemed suggestions. I have started working on them and will keep u all posted. Thanks again. u people r great.
                      regards,
                      Shiva

Comment

At last!!! Reviews and critiques needed

Hi Friends. I have at last joined up everything and hosted it. YES! my first real website. Sounds funny! Please check it out and post in ur esteemed advices or critiques or anything u feel worthwhile mentioning.

The site is a real estate website but is different from the traditional ones. The reason being, I wanted it to be simple and friendly. and secondly, it gives the customer what he wants instead of loading him with offers which he doesn't want.

Please chip in back with ur suggestions.
                        regards,
                        Shiva

Comment

looks good to me. Size is fine, colours work well. All round a good job. Don't try and perfect perfection otherwise it could crumble around you.
                          Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
                          FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Working...
                          X