Promo Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Promo Video

I totally see what you mean. I may have posted it thinking it was a whole new topic considering it went from pics to video. Can you delete the original thread,(animation speed) or can they magically be morphed together in one?lol BTW I just love creating something from an idea like with the pics and I would be glad to help out if anyone were interested on how some of the dynamic visuals were made. The HouseBoat design I have been working on for over a year combined with similar projects but these background pics ,live water elements and the whole production of the video was accomplished in less than two weeks. I beleive you can go as far as your mind takes you with the dynamic visuals.

Comment

Well isn’t it lovely, I’d agree with that … I just may have found my “retirement home” … I could live there forever and a day and be totally content. Do you get to bring your house ashore in wild and whirly storms, or do you hold on for dear life with a huge anchor? That might be the only problem, hmmm … I wonder if my doggie would like it, she can swim.

KenB, this is all so very exciting. Is this your new venture? You are doing a great job on the video and a little more would never hurt. Totally interesting. I don’t know if you need that spinning view of all sides or not? I’d be tempted to open the clip up with a little more calming effect, as opposed to the instrumental type of music you have going. And if you felt you didn’t need the video showing all sides of the house, you could add some pics instead of how you might live there, perhaps show what it could be like, what you might be doing if you did live there, perhaps this would get people in the mood thinking “Wow” I’d love to be there … and bang, hit them with the song “Isn’t it Lovely” and show them the boathouse, and you could add a couple different views. I think what I am trying to say is just those pics of the different view is kind of boring, doesn’t really show much of anything different than the pics you have at the end, but the background in the pics really make a difference

I think whatever you do will be terrific. So what is the price for one of those houses?
      And can you have it anywhere, like I am thinking in a little sheltered cover in the middle of nowhere. Does it float on salt water too? Would it get water logged? Would your house look like a piece of driftwood after so many years?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Wow LadyEye where do I start?
        Lets go back 1987, I was my last year of high school, and my father had many different businesses at the time (weight loss clinics,home contractor and realestate developer) He also purchased the trademark names of Cigarette and Magnum Marine for Canada. He was looking at selling most of the business and buy a marina in Fort Laurdale Fl.. We went on a few trips down there from Windsor Ont. and came across some two story floating homes and were impressed with the whole concept. I had been co-oping Drafting at the time and loved working with my dad on his projects. We came home from Florida and started designing a floating home for some property my father had that could not be built on for conservation reasons. Although docks storage sheds were permitted. This fit was great for a floating home. After a year of design and model building we started with Harbor Villa, a 20' by 50' beautifull houseboat that is almost identical to the rendering seen on the video. It was prestained grey tongue and groove cedar sided with a hottub on the deck for 4 a spiral staircase going to the upper deck and decked to the 9s inside.
        Well we used that houseboat for 5 years and eventually sold it to a doctor in Michigan for his second home in 94. It was insured for $385000.00us and sold for $350000.00. After that sale or rather before that, we were also getting into floating docks for our own purposes and became quite knowledgeable in the process on floating structures.
        I see I am rambling on here so to make a long story short we have a company called World Wide Marine Floating Structures that was incorporated in 89' and we have been building floating homes on spec since. For the last ten years our area has seen a huge building boom that kept us very busy on land so floating homes became secondary for us but we have always wanted motors so this design was developed.
        This video was made to showcase a new era in houseboating. Lets face it, there is absolutly nothing out there that even comes close to this design.
        I am currently building a site around the ******* as well as an identical size model, only that one is stucco finished and has a more Medeteranian look.
        There are three dirrerent motor packages available, or they can be permanantly moored using large steel mooring brackets that will alow the houseboat to rise with tides but with no other motion that you would have to be concerned with as far as floating away goes. Other construction details will be available on my new site loghouseboats.com soon.
        Prices and availability will also be on the site as details are being ironed out at the moment with a few of our suppliers.
        I really appreciate your interest in them. Many floating home owners are artistic type people so it really doesnt surprise me that you would like them. Dogs love them too.
        I will take into consideration all of your points on the video and see what I come up with.
        I'm sorry if I am being cautious with details as I am not sure if I am going to be selling info packages yet or not.

Comment

Video won't even work.
          Best regards,
          Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

I may have been placing text at the bottom saying Video will begin automatically. So that may have been why.
            I found that if I press play before downloading the video it would stagger throughout. It worked fine for me a minute ago. Maybe you could try it again.

Comment

Hey Kenb: Your video loaded fairly quickly and did start automatically. I love the design and would live on one of those in a heartbeat...if I was near some water! lol In the meantime, we're going to Lake Powell in a few weeks and will rent one of their houseboats for a week. Absolutely no comparision to yours. I hope you do well with it!
              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye
                Well isn’t it lovely, I’d agree with that … I just may have found my “retirement home” … I could live there forever and a day and be totally content. Do you get to bring your house ashore in wild and whirly storms, or do you hold on for dear life with a huge anchor? That might be the only problem, hmmm … I wonder if my doggie would like it, she can swim.

KenB, this is all so very exciting. Is this your new venture? You are doing a great job on the video and a little more would never hurt. Totally interesting. I don’t know if you need that spinning view of all sides or not? I’d be tempted to open the clip up with a little more calming effect, as opposed to the instrumental type of music you have going. And if you felt you didn’t need the video showing all sides of the house, you could add some pics instead of how you might live there, perhaps show what it could be like, what you might be doing if you did live there, perhaps this would get people in the mood thinking “Wow” I’d love to be there … and bang, hit them with the song “Isn’t it Lovely” and show them the boathouse, and you could add a couple different views. I think what I am trying to say is just those pics of the different view is kind of boring, doesn’t really show much of anything different than the pics you have at the end, but the background in the pics really make a difference

I think whatever you do will be terrific. So what is the price for one of those houses?
                And can you have it anywhere, like I am thinking in a little sheltered cover in the middle of nowhere. Does it float on salt water too? Would it get water logged? Would your house look like a piece of driftwood after so many years?
                Prices will varry, according to what you are looking for.You can have a Floating Home, without motors, that you can park anywhere, (marina, secluded bay, leisure lot, etc). Or you might want the Houseboat Model, with motors and all the necessary marine equipment, completely self sestainable and not requiring any shore facilities, such as fresh water supply, sewage pump out and electricity. This model can go anywhere, and anchor or dock at any destination imaginable. All models have a 21st Century, Mega Fibre hull, that is filled with structural foam, that cannot sink, is basicaly indistructable, and comes with a Lifetime Guarantee. You can literaly cut our hulls in half, (like I'm sure you've seen in Boston Whaler ads), and both halves will still be floating, with people still sitting on each half. Our construction features are State of the Art, as you will see in our Detailed Information Packages.

We will build your Harbour Villa or Houseboat, on your site, anywhere in the world...or you may choose our DIY material and equipment package and build it yourself.

Comment

Well have a great time on Lake Powell. Renting houseboats is so popular and is a ever expanding lifestyle. I hope to see some Pioneers out there before summers end.

Comment

KenB ... thankyou for such a great review, it is astounding to me, I've seen them, but did never know how it all went together ... well that is so great ... and a lifetime guarantee, well, did I tell you I was only 10 and gonna live to be 200 ... is it still guaranteed ... lol

I look forward to seeing more as you get your site underway ...

And Cindy, I am not surprised that you like this too and you are even going on one for a week, I would love it big or small Cindy ...

Ken B ... Cindy and I are very much alike, in fact we are so much alike that Cindy & Holly are most times Holly & Cindy ... lol

Pics Cindy, Pics, I want to see pics of this on your return ...

So Interesting Ken, thanks so much for sharing all of that, and I totally understand anything you keep under cover for now ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I liked your intro, made me think about what it would be like and how nice and peacefull they could be. i liked the choice of music too especially the last bit, nice and upbeat and cheery.

I'd maybe speed up the rotation a bit as mentioned before and if possible move the rotation part more to the centre. Otherwise though, very proffesonally done.
                      Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
                      FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Originally posted by Dream Lady
                        Hey Kenb: Your video loaded fairly quickly and did start automatically. I love the design and would live on one of those in a heartbeat...if I was near some water! lol In the meantime, we're going to Lake Powell in a few weeks and will rent one of their houseboats for a week. Absolutely no comparision to yours. I hope you do well with it!
                        I know you'll have a great time at Lake Powell...it is a beautifull place to be. If you have a chance to get to a computer when you are there...I would appreciate any comments on our design from the renters there....and mabee we can build some for owners of the marina you are renting from. The average houseboat, that most people are familiar with, have a lifespan of about seven years. By then they are worn out and have to be replaced. Ours have an indefinite lifespan. Woudn't it be great, if you could enjoy using one of ours, the next time you are there? If we build some for that particular marina...we will let you use one of ours, for a month....absolutely free...as as our appreciation for your efforts to show people....what a Real Housebot should be.

Comment

Wow what an offer. One that i'm sure someone will take up. I wish i could but far too busy at the moment but maybe in the future.
                          Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
                          FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Mook25

That offer is available to you....and anyone else that enjoys living or vacationing on a houseboat. Being on a houseboat...is like having your cake...and eating it too! It's a house...it's a boat....and with ours...it's the log cabin that everyone dreams about renting or owning. It's the ultimate boating lifestyle.

Comment

Hey Ken: I'm going to Lake Powell in a week. I was thinking about you and wondered how are you coming on your site?
                              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

hi there looked at the site and having problems with the pictures and video nothing is coming up.
                                for example on the interior graphics there is nothing when i click on them and the video is non existent... are you working on it or is it published.?
                                house boats look great though. but i feel you could make a bigger impression by creating a more lifestyle ambiance. and not so graphic.
                                i will visit the site again in a few weeks as maybe you are re doing it
                                thanks
                                james

Comment

Working...
                                X