Promo Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Promo Video

Yes I am currently working on the site and am adding elements to different areas. I am also trying to figure out ways to make the pages load faster by grouping images as a whole. It's a bit scattered but should be alot easier to navigate and understand the concept and service as I complete pages.

Comment

Hey Ken

I'm not sure what images you are referring to when you mention grouping, however, I am wondering if you have had the opportunity to use the lite box feture in the new release opf bv9... you should try that, it might work for you and it is quite nice ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Ladyeye'
        I just wrote a long post and lost it by pressing the wrong button...AAARRRR.
        Anyway I am downloading the new BV right now. Sounds like we have a nice gallery style page. Just what the doctor ordered!
        One problem I have been having is with my index page, My theory was to take all of the images on the index page and lay them out in my Picture it 9 program at 800x800 and make a static image out of all the images as one.
        This was to eliminate each image loading randomly and always waiting for the gif or flash images to finish loading.
        Now that one static image takes forever to load and it doesnt even have any annimated elements to it. I was saving any moving water or flash for the rest of the site, making the index pop up fast as to not loose the customers interest by waiting.
        Also I beleive I have run into a roadblock with other parts of the site as well. It is very difficult to market such a unique item such as the loghouseboat, there is absolutly nothing else quite like them and I am trying to find a niche for them to fit into. So the presention of the site has become a creative challenge for me. I literally have hundreds of different CAD designs and perspective drawings that can be added to the site but I get writers block when it comes to any descriptions in print. I currently have four interested brokers that would like to list the houseboats as (build to suit) on spec but they all want to refer any potential customers back to my site it is just not ready or is too confusing and unprofessional at this point.
        Remember, I just learned how to make a web site 6 months ago and am still learning new things daily. The CAD design on the other hand has been with me for over 15 years. Now if I could only marry the two together, I think I could really get this site off the ground.
        Any ideas as to siplify what I have now but still wow the viewer would be of great help to me at the present. Thanks kenb

Comment

WoW, I just love the new B.V. download!
          I was able to solve alot of problems overnight. The lightbox gallery is just awesome, and what about that logo maker option. I've spent hours in the past designing the right logo in other design programs but this option allowed me to create the right logo in a half an hour. The index page loads faster now and I think I can move on to other areas of the site still left to be finished. What a great update B.V. thanks a million. Still looking for opinions in the meantime. Kenb

Comment

Ken

So glad to hear that the latest release of BV9 is working spectacular for you ... Feel free to give me an email, you can use the contact form on my website, found in my signature here to contact me. I'll have a look for you ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ken-
              No video and the pages took a while to load- and I'm on high speed cable.
              Site looks good though. Homes are very interesting.

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Yes, I see that the video doesnt seem to work but it actually does load after about 3 mins and by that time I've lost the customer. I made the video at first and uploaded it to all of the video sharing sites to promote the actual site. If you were to see the video from one of those sites as shown like this here http://www.dailymotion.com/lightson7...ouseboat-works , because of the streaming video properties that these sites rely on there is no waiting time.
                In order to get results like theirs, I would have to purchase the software to get the streaming video. I could also create a flash slideshow to speed up the whole thing and have that as the video. In the meantime I could always create a link button to any of the video sharing sites like I did in this post. Decisions...Decisions
                As far as the rest of the site loading slow, I think I just have to split up the pics and spread the out over more pages eg. (interior pics, exterior pics)etc.. That lightbox really gives the site a Flash feel though and I just love that whole layout.
                Other than the loading speed it is really nice to here the positive response towards the houseboats and the overall look of the site. Thanks guys
                *Ladyeye, I will be contacting you directly although I am not too sure why we had to go private. Probably a Canadian thing Eh.*

Comment

Working...
                X