Your opinion on website for handmade bears?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loribelle
    Staff Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Your opinion on website for handmade bears?

I really struggled with the learning curve on this web building effort but I'm pretty happy with the results. Please give me your honest opinion on the design - 1st impression, and then how easy it is to navigate. I s****ped the shopping cart templates and went with a paypal shopping cart b/c I don't need that much complexity yet.

And I just have to say that the help I received from this forum has saved my sanity. You guys are great!

Thanks!
    Lori
    www.loribelledesigns.com
  • karel
    Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

Re: Your opinion on website for handmade bears?

Well done on your new site, it is looking good.

There are one or two problems that I will point out so you can improve it, but a great looking site and well done.

Things I found.

At the bottom of this page in the menu bar, the button policies, you have the text 'Click to edit' looks like a text box you need to cut.

Also this page is not centred, like the rest.

The bear descriptions text overlap the the boxes they are in, this maybe just from where I view it as I have had this problem with other sites in the past and others view them o.k, may need someone else view on this one to see if it is a problem for everyone.

There is also a spelling mistake on your about me page

I decided to use these furs to create lasting keepsakes for myself and my brothers’ families, so I turned to "neighbor "Sally Winey.

I did also struggle to find the bears for sale, I expected to be able to purchase in the gallery and did not see the bears den for a while, I would consider changing this and make it easier for people to buy what they are looking for as it is a little confusing. I would put paypal buttons in the gallery also, or at least point out where people need to go to purchase, something like 'To purchase your bear click here' and place under the bears den logo. I only found as I kept looking around, I think I may have left if I was a customer, it needs to be made a little simpler in my opinion.

Hope this helps a little, your bears are lovely by the way.

Good luck with your site.

Regards Paul
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

• loribelle
      Staff Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Thank you Paul! I see what you mean by the Bears Den - it is separate from the rest and it's not clear that "gallery" is really just a photo album of bears already sold. I will definitely attend to your suggestions when I return home to my PC.

BTW, I believe "neighbor" is one of those words spelled differently in UK, like our "color" vs. your "colour"...right?

Thanks for the helpful feedback!
      Lori
      www.loribelledesigns.com

Comment

• karel
        Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

BTW, I believe "neighbor" is one of those words spelled differently in UK, like our "color" vs. your "colour"...right?
        Ahhhhh I wondered if it might be, in that case your spelling and grammer looks fine.

Good luck

Paul
        www.anxietynomore.co.uk
        The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
        Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
        Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

• dive daisy
          Sergeant

• Mar 2007

Lori,

For what I see of it it looks great! I too noticed the spelling errors, and also noticed exiting your 'contact me' page was treated with some different type of transition.

I'm struggling with mine at the mo! Hope my first attempt looks as good as yours! Your bears are lookin great! I have a rag doll who'll be 38 this Xmas - she too is 'all original' - except for my mum replacing her face, hair, stuffing, 'skin', a few times.... I also have a 'snowy' bear who I flattened as a kid - my son now has him on his bed, but he prefers his 'Duck'... all loved and soo many memories!! WELL DONE!
          thanks for all your help!

Dive Daisy

Comment

• ace5548
            Major

• Aug 2006

Lori,

I like your site. The colors are really matched well. I think all the bears are really cute.

The only thing that I would suggest is that in the bears den that you put alt tags on the images. Otherwise--Great job.
            Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

hi Lori, great website!! I would add a button that says 'Add to Cart' next to each and every item. i think it will increase your sales. Other than that, well done!

Comment

• loribelle
                Staff Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Thank you all for your feedback and suggestions. I reworked the site tonight hoping to make it clearer that the "Gallery" is simply a photo album of bears already sold and the "bears' den" is where one can buy a bear and is more prominent. Other than the cultural difference in spelling "neighors", are there any other misspellings? Any other impressions or suggestions upon viewing my redone site? I'm pretty much a detail nut...but a glass of wine or two...and I might miss something.
                Lori
                www.loribelledesigns.com

Comment

Working...
                X