• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vodafreak
    Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2007

Re: FLASH Site 80% complete - your valued opinions required

I don't care what they^ say, I LOVE IT!! Me being a newbie, probably. where did you get the template?

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by vodafreak
      I don't care what they^ say, I LOVE IT!! Me being a newbie, probably. where did you get the template?
      No need to get tweaky, Freaky! No one said they did not like the site, just that there were certain particulars that must be addressed when using this foundation.....specifically, optimization of Flash, and the peculiarities presented.

It is available as a VodaHost Premium Template.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• webb and romic
        Sergeant Major

• Jan 2007

yes this is a what do you think about my page forum....if people do not want to know what others think then DO NOT POST IT
        we are all trying to be constructive. and if you are looking for a person who you will be paying money to .. to make your website then i think that they should have a website that reflects the item them are promoting. It is not easy finding a balance between flash and regular graphics. Sometimes i think it is better to keep it simple and easy to navigate with samples of your work in flash. plus load time is quicker
        thanks
        James

Comment

• djw
          Private First Class

• Mar 2007

I neverenvisaged Flash would provoke such a debate but as I expected and wanted there are many useful and thought provoking points made.

I try to be brief but just some backdround :
          • The site itself is mainly for PR at present. I wish to show it to some people in order to demonstrate what is available and possible for their site using flash. I thought it would demonstrate the uniqueness and make the information contained memorable for their visitors. However as has been pointed out it is not without its problems which I will come to in a minute.
          • The template was bought from Vodahost templates - a search through that was highly instructive for me. There are wild ones and some more subtle ones, most have creative design. for any one like me still learning Flash, very useful to deconstruct and see how they have been made.
          • I principally wanted some feed back as it stood(and it wasn't finished and is still far from completion) as I was certain some of the pop ups weren't working, however I think I have got to the bottom of that now as the network providers on the site I was using are restricting certain things on their workstations for the users pop ups one of them.
          • Thanks to Aliens I have amended the size.
          • The font should be readable now although its still not pefect - to change the fonts upsets the cells causing further problems ( and I've had plenty of them!
          • The audio on the site can be turned on and off by clicking on the graphic equalizer (bottom L/H side)
          • I was thinking of adding a pre-entry page with the facility to download a Flash player. Any thoughts?
          • The few sites I have done in the past have had a banner at the top and a menu on the L/H side - I so wanted something different.
          • It could do with some splashes of colour and I am looking for suitable images - might take some snaps of some of the patching panels I work on complete with LEDS but am looking for something more original - any ideas?
          • Back to the marketing - the people I,m looking to convince at present are mostly small business people, club, bar and restaurant owners . A couple of them have sites at the moment which they are mot particularly happy with and feel could be improved - so I hoped this might convince them.
          • At present the SEO issues personally don't bother me, although it would them so it is something that needs addressing, but with Flash it is largely out of my hands although I do Know some other businesses that could help alleviate that problem which I could refer them, but still all I can do is to ensure its making the most of what is currently available.Hopefully it will become a personal concern for me in the future.
          • Just one more thing for now - Vassilli what have you done with your hair!! most have been a good night
          Keep the comments coming - they are all of use to me!!! Bring it on.

Derek.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by djw
            Just one more thing for now - Vassilli what have you done with your hair!! most have been a good night
            Derek.
            LOL
            Twas the "cat's meow" for sure!

A bit more on SEO-preparing Flash....I am curretnly finishing up a Flash site of my own (first of 3), and I have decided to opt for a 50% solution the "poor man's way": I am *******ting a visually complimentary site in BV for all of the content (which on this site is the meat of it all anyway) and actually offering this as an option via a link to visitors as well.

Since I will have this link on the Flash pages globally, and the SE's will see minimal "content" of the index and following Flash pages, with the embedded bot.txt file in the Flash index instructing them to this one 'hardened' interior site link, they will follow to the logical "mapped" BV pages and find relevant Content, and then balance the construct with tight Content (and cache, hopefully).

Whether it works well or not is not the point....it will have to suffice, at least until I can budget SEO for the three sites which by then will have been proven beyond basic tweaks and initial changes in Content and form!

(I mean, if the same principle works for multi-lingual sites, why not different "code"???)
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• jrlgtwt@msn.com
              Sergeant

• May 2007

Everything looks great from my view. The thing I would note is maybe turn the music off after the load. Pretty annoying.

Comment

• Luna
                Private First Class

• May 2007

Hi,
                I like it. Everything looks really good, but I agree with the comment about the music, maybe to add an option where the customer can mute the music if they wish, because some people don't mind that the music is playing, others do. Other than that I love it.

Comment

• webb and romic
                  Sergeant Major

• Jan 2007

hi there
                  i havelooked at the site again and now you have the information there
                  but i found it very difficult to read any of the information. when i clicked on read more
                  when the panel came up it was just very blurred and not clear atall and very hard to read.

Comment

Working...
                  X