Site Update-Feedback please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Update-Feedback please

Took a while with alot of issues and still getting used to the BV...It's been a fun experience (though frustrating at times) I think I finaly got the feel that I was looking for. My thanks go out to those who took the time to help me out and I know there have been times when I've been obnoxious (Did I spell it right?) You're appreciated. I'd like a feedback. I'm still figuring out how to work the CubeCart. www.capitaltrace.com

Re: Site Update-Feedback please

The site looks good and runs smoothly, hats of to you for using simple machines for your forum thats one of the first I've seen.
    A couple of points you might want to center your pages it's slightly left on my monitor . and the TESTIMONIALS page dosn't work,

Comment

Thanks Alien,

I'm just wondering... on my monitor the page is centralized...what the universal parameters to make it center on all monitors? ( I have a large monitor 17")

Comment

When you have opened the page in bluevoda right click a empty part of the page and click page properties a box will apear on the general tab there will be a small box with center in browser make that checked click save page and republish, do that for each page.

Comment

Thanks, I never noticed that box...talk about attention to detail!

Comment

hi looking good,...how did you get the scrolled writing on the page,...is it uploaded to the site the same way a skin would be uploaded,..any advice regarding adding hacks/mods to my forum would be appreciated thanks

Comment

In order to center your site - you're going to have to move the entire page to the left side of the BV screen. Build it from 0- whatever width you want it to appear (800 will keep anyone from having to scroll left to right - under 1024 will keep 80% or more from that scrolling) THEN click to center the page. Right now if you center it, you'll be to the right of center the way you built it :) (Right now someone with an 800 screen has to scroll because of how you build pages - even though you have the actual page under 800 - you've moved it outside those boundaries to center on whatever your computer screen is.

You won't like my comment about your quickly moving flashing parts on the home page - they distract me so that I find it impossible to read the page. If there is any way to make it smaller or slow it down -

As to the scrolling news - you realize you don't have more news scrolling than would fit there stationary? I'm guessing on other occasions you will.

I didn't like that I selected to go to the Cash Flow page - and then couldn't find anyway to go to the Desktop Publishing (or some other pages) without going back to the home page and finding them again. it makes navigation difficult. And search engines can't see the drop down menus, so those pages you are putting in them, would be good to have in the footer, also.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Daniel,

I agree to the above.. plus.. you need a button to shut off that music! after a couple of minutes.. its annoying too!

Also go thru and check your spelling

TRACECORP offers a diveres arraye of innovative products and services in various markets.

I think that should be "diverse array"! There were also several other pages, where commas, and grammar could be improved and polished.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I agree with everything else that has been said but would also add that I had a hard time figuring out exactly what it was your site does. On the web you get about 5 seconds to have a user determine if they are going to do business with you. I stayed for about 1 minute or so and was still a bit perplexed about what the real topic of the site was. The title also didn't gve any indication as to what the site is about and this will also hurt you with the search engines.

Nice layout though.
                  Affordable Medical Insurance
                  Discount Dental Plan
                  Washington State Health Insurance
                  Temporary Health Insurance
                  Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Working...
                  X