Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Comments on Website

Hi Everyone!

First and foremost.......everyone in here has been very helpful with setting up my website. I believe I have everything working on it with the exception of my shopping cart.......I haven't added this yet even tho I do have a button for it. That will be my next challenge.

I first want to make sure everything else is working ok......looking ok.....what changes need to be made, etc. I'm open for all constructive criticism so don't be afraid to tell me like it is :)

Thanks for your input! www.greatcandlesbymary.com

Re: Need Comments on Website

the site looks really well put together. it flows well and the only thing that i could possibly tell you you need work with would be the shopping cart option.
    well done

brandin

Comment

Well your keyword meta tag might get you banned from the search engines right out of the gate, no matter how elegantly you make your candles. around 30 keywords and phrases is the MOST that should ever be in there, and if those phrases and words arent on the page, then they should NEVER appear in meta tags.

Your description is ok, but you dont have anything resembling it on your page either. You have a few lines about your spring sales and the rest are pictures. You need to work on the Search Engine aspect as much as you do your shopping cart. If those words dont appear on a page then dont use them. You can put keywords and descriptions on EVERY page in your site, no need for spamming them or using black hat seo to get rank.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You've made unique navigation for yourself - but while you made the images (background) clickable, you haven't made the words themselves clickable - and I had a heck of a time figuring out that some of those worked. You need both clickable to the pages.

Get your meta and seo worked on (as Karen mentions) - feel free to read the ebook in my signature for basic help with it. You desperately need that to be right! Starting with page titles and getting the meta right.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Site looks good,
          -Centering would help. Just right click page properties and check the box.
          -Several pages are longer than necessary, cut down on the vertical using page properties.
          -Almost every page has some sort of introduction, except your home page, it seems to be missing something. Let buyers know what to expect, hook them in.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input.......I wasn't aware about the amount of keywords for search engines should be limited to around 30. When I first created my index page, I intended to have home decor items on my website and then later decided to not include them at this time. That is why some of my meta tag has words that are not currently on my site. This I realize I need to change..........I've been working on my website for about a month or so and this was one of the first things I did.......not sure how I even did this, will have to go back and refresh my memory so I can remove the words that don't pertain.

I originally had a lot of words on my index page (home page) and was told by friends it was too wordy......so I changed this and I guess I went from one extreme to the other. I will work on putting something out there to "hook" my viewers.....thanks for the input.

Now, my biggest challenge is adding the shopping cart. I'm a little intimidated by this and feel I"m prograstinating on doing so. I realize my site is no good without it and I know I need to get this up and running quickly to make my site functional. I've spent a great deal of time searching the forums on how to do this and which one to go with, but still feel I'm not clear with it all. I think I will probably go with paypal but I was wondering if they have an option that automatically calculates shipping charges? Anyways, you've all be so very helpful and I'm sure I'll be inquiring for your expertise in the next couple of days for help with adding my shopping cart.......any advise, opinions and information you have with this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again for your input! Have a blessed day!

Comment

There are a number of things you need to consider, and actually the shopping cart should have been first. The most important part of ecommerce is how you collect the money and build that end of it. No matter now.. you are where you are at this point.

You now need to decide if you want a merchant account, which will open a number of other doors for you. Voda Host offers you a free one in the U.S. There are monthly fees to running a merchant account, but also does present a better professional image as there are lots out there who still dont like paypal. Merchant account would open doors to Mals ecart, which is cut and paste code, Roman Cart and Beth's Cart Manager. Paypal does have a similar cut and paste button function to setting up their cart as well, but it does involve higher transaction fees. It does not cost monthly fees and alot of merchants do choose this route.

When reading about integrating the paypal cart, make sure you arent reading the information about PAY PAL PRO, which is a merchant account and does involve fees. Make sure you are reading the correct HOW TO integrate a paypal cart for the freebie accounts.

You could depending on your choices, install one of the builders availabe here into a sub folder and link your already created page to those carts, or start from scratch and also BUILD with those carts.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I also forgot to add that using cart builders other than paypal, roman cart, mals ecart, and cart manager (these are shared ssl types) will require you to use ssl and dedicated ip to run your merchant account in most cases.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Made Changes-please review

Hi Everyone!

I made some changes along with adding my shopping cart. Could you please take a look and give me your feedback. I especially want to know if it's easy to navigate and what needs to be added, deleted or changed.

Thanks for your input!

Comment

Your post has been moved to your existing site review thread. Please continue with the one thread instead of starting a new one on the same site as per forum rules :)
                    Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Sorry......I'll remember to do that next time.......Bethers....did you get a chance to check it out now that I've added my shopping cart?

Comment

Very Pretty
                        I do think centering would make it better and possibly putting links in the product pictures on the front page so people can go straight to them.
                        Apart from that, great job!
                        www.eft-emotionalfreedomtechnique.com
                        www.thespyshop.ws
                        www.globalspystore.com

Comment

I hadn't looked before - was rushing through, but did just now.

What I would like to see you do is add your navigation to ALL pages. Don't force customers to use the back button - or to have to navigate back to the home page to get to another type of product page - they want it to be as easy as possible. Putting your standard navigation on every page will make it much easier for them :)

I'm also not sure why have the different "steps" before the page they can order from? I'd rather you have the list of all the fragrances right on that page - and have a link to the page explaining the fragrances - instead of the other way around (if you follow that).
                          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks everyone for all your responses.....I made the suggested changes (with the exception of Bethers.....was a little confusing to understand what you were saying....sorry)

I think I'm gonna run with what I have for the time being and see what the customers say.

Thanks again!

Comment

It looks really great. The white space left me looking for something, the pages look good, but were you saving the space on the right for links, or....? Good job!!
                              Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Working...
                              X