• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coffeegourmet
    Second Lieutenant

• Feb 2007

Please have a look

I just moved my site from another host, and wouldn't mind some opinions on it! Please have a look and let me know where I can improve.. any tricks you know of etc.

Thanks!
    My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!
  • Aliens Anonymous
    Special Status

• Jan 2006

Re: Please have a look

Nice
    i have to admit that i had a quick look over , and from what i sore the link work fine , apart from the resources would have been nice to see that page layout the same as the rest, also i did not see a payment converter $ to £ .

Comment

• coffeegourmet
      Second Lieutenant

• Feb 2007

Originally posted by Aliens Anonymous
      Nice
      i have to admit that i had a quick look over , and from what i sore the link work fine , apart from the resources would have been nice to see that page layout the same as the rest, also i did not see a payment converter $ to £ .
      Alien,

Thanks for having a look. Glad you liked it! To answer what you said, I am using Zeus for link pages, and using the free version, so I don't know yet if I can do that or not. I am going to look into it but at least I got the color to match my site!

As for the currency converter I can only ship to the USA, so I do not need one, all prices are in USD!
      My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!

Comment

• bill2006
        Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Nice work,
        Some things that stand out and are easy to adjust:
        -Your Footnote is not centered within the rectangle, notice that there is more space on one side, this makes it appear "tilted"
        -Several of the images are slightly out of focus. Pickwick and the coffee makers.
        -Back to Alien's comment on currency, you're in Canada- a note stating that all prices are USD will help clear any confusion.
        -Consider "tightening" the text in te articles so that it looks more professional, example don't leave orphan words hanging "soil"
        -Watch use of brand names Fed Ex is FedEx, one word.

Good luck
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• coffeegourmet
          Second Lieutenant

• Feb 2007

Originally posted by bill2006
          Nice work,
          Some things that stand out and are easy to adjust:
          -Your Footnote is not centered within the rectangle, notice that there is more space on one side, this makes it appear "tilted"
          -Several of the images are slightly out of focus. Pickwick and the coffee makers.
          -Back to Alien's comment on currency, you're in Canada- a note stating that all prices are USD will help clear any confusion.
          -Consider "tightening" the text in te articles so that it looks more professional, example don't leave orphan words hanging "soil"
          -Watch use of brand names Fed Ex is FedEx, one word.

Good luck
          Thanks Bill!
          That is why I asked for this, I can look at stuff a hundred times and not notice it. One question for you, when you refer to my footer being off centre, on which page are you referring to? It can appear different on each page, because of the php. If you let me know i can narrow it down.

I didn't realize the FedEx had a space in it either, I will fix stuff up tomororrow before I start working on more pages (have to add the coffee maker pages). I will put all prices are in US on each page as well! Maybe on the right side, so it propogates to each page automatically!

I am also going to try and line up the template so it stays the same for the rest of the pages that I add for the header, footer, and the two side bars.

It is a work in progress, but that is what makes a good site great!

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Consider refining your "buttons" or your navigation altogether....even using a "square" button would be better than alowing the conflicting backgrounds to be visible.

You have the foundations (Content, structure, etc.) of a potentially great website, but it's obvious where BV can help you bring out the best, right? Pay attention to the details of design and layout construction basics, and the other stuff will fall into place magically....
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• coffeegourmet
              Second Lieutenant

• Feb 2007

I am new at this but eager to learn, I think it has a great look to it, and even though it is frustrating sometimes, it is nice to learn new things! I think my customers like it too, I just had a sale of over $100!!! :)

Comment

• Aliens Anonymous
                Special Status

• Jan 2006

As for the currency converter I can only ship to the USA, so I do not need one, all prices are in USD!
                Shame

Comment

• bill2006
                  Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Take a look at the footer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Coffee page.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	497676
                  click to enlarge
                  Bill
                  www.blueearthtea.com
                  www.ftaaconsulting.com
                  www.iaval.com
                  www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• coffeegourmet
                    Second Lieutenant

• Feb 2007

First of all, replying to Alien, I wish I could ship anywhere in the world, but my supplier simply will not do it. Actually most of the coffee sites I have looked at it only ship in the USA, must be to do with customs and stuff!

Secondly, I have gone through my pages and looked at all the php bars on it and I think I have them looking pretty good now. I still have more pages to add so I am going to get working on them soon too!

Please have a look and let me know if I am on the right track or not!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X