• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AmaDee
    Colonel

• Jun 2006

Re: Please Review My Homepage

Ewe.....that is not how I see my page. Go to www.designsbymapillar.com/homepage.html and see how I see it. I'm changing the fonts as we speak, but that's going to be hard to do as I have to take into consideration fonts that everybody have. Ok, let me get on it.

Comment

• Bethers
      Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

I've been staying out of this thread also - for obvious reasons -
      Your font is doing what she showed because you did NOT use a web friendly font and her computer is defaulting to one she does have.

If you put your headline in an image, you could then use that type of font. (And this is something, you, as a webdesigner should be aware of when building sites.)

You'll also disagree with me when I say that the background you're using doesn't give your site a professional feel - and I do believe you want the site to have that. Some of the links aren't working (web hosting, prices, web packages to name a few) and when I go to the portfolio page I feel like I'm going to a new website - as the entire style/design changes. Maybe that's you testing different designs, still?

The use of the IFrame in the center of the About Us page makes it hard to read straight through - I had to stop several times before I realized you were deliberately repeating the last of the first section. I'm not sure of the purpose of that - but I believe the whole thing would fit if you let it go straight down - and would be more appealing as well as easier for customers.

You need to do some work on SEO - as each page needs it's OWN title and description - not the same repeated over.

I see a lot of good things here, and I'm sure with time - and when you decide which design you really are looking to go with - it's going to be a great website.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

• AmaDee
        Colonel

• Jun 2006

thanks, Beth. I appreciate the comments. Will take them into consideration.

As the title of the thread states, I was only asking for comments on the Homepage because I'm trying to change the design of my old website...I think that is the design of the current portfolio page.

Comment

Working...
        X