Whole new look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whole new look

Ok! www.blackmtngifts.com I have found a design that I am happy with, I am currently working on getting the metatags done and naming all the pages. Please let me know what you think of site now. I appreciate everyones help!

Re: Whole new look

Aloha, I like your backgrounds. I think I would make the pages longer with the products than to make people scroll over. I hate to scroll. None of the images that I tried to click were able to give me more info. You have a few ways for people to leave your site. That would make me nervous.

Maybe the black lettering could be done in a navy blue, or better yet make a header. It would look more professional. Contact Us should be with the rest of the menus, as should paypal. Make a buy menu and a buy page.

The menu is different on beautiful beasts. I don't know if this is an issue but it has a rollover color where the others don't. There is no menu on world inspiration, windchimes , luminus visions, fleece blankets, household essentials, kitchen & entaining. Inspirational is a 404.

Your faq page needs more work. First, don't put them in colors. Make them orderly by one under another using the text box. You could number them if you want to. There is no need for a scroll bar here. And there is no menu. Nothing is centered.

Alphabetize your menu. It will look more professional. Some places you have faqs and others it is shipping faqs. Be consistent. Be consistent with the menu style also. Decide which one you like and stick with it. You have a great website. It just needs a little tweating. Good luck with your business!
    www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Let me suggest that you rename your menu. For example I looked under kitchen & entertaining. Instead of page 2, page 3, and page 4 perhaps you could make it pottery, crystal, and decor or something like that. If you want to keep it like you have it, atleast you can make a button to be able to go from page 2 to page 3 and then to page 4 instead of having to click back button and going back down to the menu. The rest of it looked pretty good though.
      Best Regards,
      Alex
      Surveillance Systems
      Restaurant POS | Retail POS
      Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

I am working on putting the menu bar on each of the main pages. Thanks

Comment

This is the third thread for you have created for this site.....having been previously asked politely to refrain from doing so (HERE).

Why?

Part of the inevitable progress you and your website will experience is best represented (and demonstrably measurable) if kept within the context of a single thread as the format of this Showcase Forum was intended. Many of the relevant advisories and particular helps become more logically understood by many of your peers who also deserve the same attention as they evolve within our Community, don't you think?
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I'm sorry I did not realize that it was same thread. I am still new to this. It wont happen again. Sorry!!

Comment

Hey don't worry we all do at least once.
              Sharon Chajin

Comment

Looking much, much better than your first post! You have put a lot of work into your site and it shows! Keep up with the tweaking and you'll have it just the way you want it. I agree with aconstas1's comment about the submenu page numbers. Maybe a little work to rearrange, but would be better. GREAT JOB!
                Cindy
                Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Hi there
                  take no notice of Vasili grumpy people....I was new here and made the same thread mistakes it's easy to do here as to navigate is quite difficult at times can never find anything. but fortunatley people were nice about it and did'nt need to make a drama about it .. prefer positive feedback my self.
                  anyway just make your page 800 and centre it before you publish check it as sometimes you move things around and it makes it larger again.
                  just make one nav bar and copy paste it saves time and for your pictures make sure you opt them here is a link for you i like this one as you see the results
                  http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/imageoptimizer/index.php

enjoy
                  and becarefull where you post .......... it could mean death!!!!ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by webb and romic
                    Hi there take no notice of Vasili grumpy people...... prefer positive feedback my self.
                    One of the reasons VodaTalk works so smoothly as a robust resource for so many people is due to the format and function provided with Rules, universal tools and access, and the simplicity of the processes themselves. Unecessary actions or distracting elements affect more than those who take the time to make mention of abberation (these forums are studied the world over by literally tens of thousands of visitors who never even register, so preserving continuity is more important than your oblique "observation" suggests).

> Being such a large family as we are, sometimes you have to raise your voice to be heard across the table at mealtime.
                    Accountability always starts at home...and muttering innuendos does not foster "positive" anything!
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you Vasili for that beautifully poetic response and such a lovely use of words oblique being one of my favourites. have not heard any one use that for along time.
                      your comment about a large family. If you have respect from the family your in you should never have to raise your voice. raising ones voice to be heard is a sign that a person has to elivate their somewhat diminished sense of who they are and need to elivate their feeling of self importance,
                      I think that this topic has now come to an end as this is not the right forum for this as you know......
                      Thank have a nice evening James

Comment

Thanks again everyone for the support and words of wisdom! It is much appreciated. I have taken into account what everyone has said. And made more changes.....I have some thinking to do on the navigation but when I get it thougt out I will change it. www.blackmtngifts.com

Comment

I almost have all the pages named finally. Didnt realize how time consuming this was. Any feedback it greatly appreciated. www.blackmtngifts.com

I am still having some problems getting the google search on the page to recognize some of the pages is there something I am doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Serejames
                            Any feedback it greatly appreciated.
                            Ok. I think that in your menu, your over effect should not have included to bold. This is causing the menu to move which some may think takes away from your site. This happens to the long worded ones like "household essentials" and "kitchen & entertaining". When viewing in Firefox, your menu goes down further than the picture. Honestly, I'm not crazy about the picture either. I understand that your website is about black mountain gifts, but you could probably find 100s of more breathtaking pictures of black mountains to substitute. I understand that this picture may have sentimental value to you, especially if you took the picture or it's a picture of a local mountain, but whith a site whose main purpose is to sell. I don't think your customers will share this same sentiment, unless you only plan to sell to locals in your area that can relate.

Please don't be offended, your website, you're the boss. I just offer my humble opinion and you're more than welcome to ignore it. Keep up the good work.

Well done!
                            Best Regards,
                            Alex
                            Surveillance Systems
                            Restaurant POS | Retail POS
                            Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Working...
                            X