• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: This is Mine & Yours !

Hi JC

Have a look at that thread that I just posted the link for ... you will see the generals notice, and check the 2nd posting I made, it will give you a link so you can see what server you are on. You simply match the ip address that you publish to against the voda server numbers (Found in the pop up box when you go to publish a page, or in your welcome email) ... this will tell you what server you are on .... The General had asked for a couple days to make the change over, so if you are on this server perhaps this is why your changes are not happening ...

The only image that I had noticed was beyond the '800 width was your very top banner, it was 1200' wide ... (apparently it's only about 20% of the internet viewers that still remain on '800 resolution, so it's not too bad to go outside of this, the next recommended width is 1000' and some are now using that) It just depends what you think really ...

If you are not on this server, we will have to see what else may be going on ....

EDIT: It actually looks as though you have been making changes ... just save your Index page as index (with a small i, instead of a capital I) this should fix that problem ...
    You banner is now 988 so seems you are going for the 1000 width, that's fine, it looks good with your site ....

(Need an o at the end of Hello and two lls in welcome again)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• JCWolf
      Staff Sergeant

• Mar 2007

I guess its fixed now LE,
      Site haves now is real Web adress...

Thanks you have been a thru and friendly help...

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

JC

I see you have your site working great now! There are a few typos that you might want to fix, I have them noted, not sure if you would like me to post them here or I'd be happy to email them to you if you would like to contact me via my site ...

Your graphics are looking great ....

Good Job!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• JCWolf
          Staff Sergeant

• Mar 2007

I know what typos but, its ok cause They will be changed very soon,
          the Next works content is to be changed toghether with the news board,
          gona add a small 5 mb video over there....

As for the wellcome I changed it thought I was very sure it was correctly wroten but someone here talled me that was not...So (LOL) I«ve changed it!

But it will be fixed soon, Were can I post some Questions about the video site implantes (LOL)?

Another thing is related to my sig...
          someone is removing it all the time, Can I ask why, its about the third time I add it to my profile!

Comment

• karel
            Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

someone is removing it all the time, Can I ask why, its about the third time I add it to my profile!

Hi JCWOLF,

I have not seen your sig, but the rules about them are below and could answer your question.

Paul

Your signature may be a maximum of 3 lines (Not Including Hyperlinks) and ONLY include the following...

1) Your Full Name.
            2) Your Profession or a VERY brief site description.
            3) Your url or a link to a maximum of two websites that are hosted with VodaHost.
            4) You may not promote a website that does not belong to you.
            5) You may not use anything larger than size 2 font.

You may not have a signature if you are not a paying VodaHost web hosting customer. All websites that are linked in your signature must be hosted on VodaHost servers.
            www.anxietynomore.co.uk
            The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
            Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
            Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by JCWolf
              I know what typos but, its ok cause They will be changed very soon,
              the Next works content is to be changed toghether with the news board,
              gona add a small 5 mb video over there....

As for the wellcome I changed it thought I was very sure it was correctly wroten but someone here talled me that was not...So (LOL) I«ve changed it!

But it will be fixed soon, Were can I post some Questions about the video site implantes (LOL)?

hey JC

Glad to hear, and you did change your Welcome ... however you have it in another spot too .... lol

I'll keep peaking until you have them all corrected, lol ...

I believe you may have missed the post to your yesterday from general *****, administrator of the board, I can't quite remember the size or what your signature contained, but I know he did say he removed it twice, and twas to be your last warning, lol ... but I see since Paul has posted the notes about signatures, so perhaps reading that you may find out why ...

And remember to change the link in your profile to just your domain name ... http://jcwolfworkshopbdu.com

What were you wondering about the videos?? You can ask your question here, it's okay ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Mook25
                Brigadier General

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by JCWolf
                Your sig is too large. I had the same problem once and in the end just decided to stick with text links. Don't keep addidng it back on as you'll notice your warning meter go up with a comment from the mods or admin.

Go to high on that meter and i think we may not see you for awhile on the forum.
                Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
                FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

• JCWolf
                  Staff Sergeant

• Mar 2007

Ok guys I do understand sig rules and any place rules,
                  but just as a coment my sig is lower in Hight then yours for example and as it concernes in withe is still not as much as yours for example,
                  but that is no problem, I'll change it,
                  thought it's not very nice to Bann someone cause it haves a long sig,
                  but as I've said , I'll change it...

As for the Videos,
                  I was wondering if I can add a Video that starts the with the
                  same speed as the Voda introdution video for example,
                  most of the test videos I've made, are sloww to start and not long then 5 Mbs...

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Hi JC

The video method you are referring to that is used by Voda is I believe an .swf file ... Meaning it's a flash presentation, and they do load very quickly and play through without buffering, (pauses in video, etc.)

So with that in mind, unless you have a flash program you may not be able to do this ...

I believe a member on here, Aliens Anonymous has a flash program that you can try out. Let me see if we can grab his attention and perhaps he can provide you with some good sources and information for doing this ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• JCWolf
                      Staff Sergeant

• Mar 2007

Thanks LE..

You've been My Helping Angel at this Forum...

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Hi JC

There is a great thread here that touches base with what you would like to do, have a look through this thread ...

And all in that area of the forum, you may find further threads to ...

Good Luck

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Aliens Anonymous
                          Special Status

• Jan 2006

Ok Ok you did not have to shout now whats the problem.

Sorry holly don't often check the laptop lately the kids have high jacked it.

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Well it's about time Aliens ... actually it's okay, the kids need to play too right!!

JC was hoping you could give him some good advice with installing a 5mb video on his site ...

Now we will shout for JC to see how he is making out ....

JC ... where are you .. Aliens is here to guide your ship to safe landing, lol

ty Aliens ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• JCWolf
                              Staff Sergeant

• Mar 2007

hehehe,
                              IĞm here and eard your call out in the garden!!!Jajaja...

I'm wayting for a video making, and its around 5 mbs lenght or duration...
                              What I whanted realy was to be able to add the video in a way that started as fast as the Intro Voda Video on the wellcome Voda Host page...

I understanded that for that I have to edit the video to Flash, but untill now haven't been able to localise a video editor that could actualy save to flash format...

I work mainely with Vegas 7.0 and Ulead VideoStudio 10...

I will apreciate a lot your help on this Aliens Anonymous !

Comment

• Aliens Anonymous
                                Special Status

• Jan 2006

Depending on the video files you have, like holly said they would have to be converted to a flash file, to do this you will need a converter program which might mean spending some money, mind you alot of good programs will let you download a trial version for free i done a quick search and found thie one sounds quite good and at $49.95 is not going to brake the bank http://www.flashvideostudio.com/index.html you could try doing a search for a free one you never know. i am going to download that and try it out, i will let you know if it is any good later.

Comment

Working...
                                X