• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • morgantiry
    Corporal

• Oct 2006

New Site

Hello Voda Geeks. I have had this website up for awhile and I figured its time for criticism or praise. Please let me know what you think folks.

www.sidelinesystems.com

Thanks,
    Morgan
  • Dream Lady
    Major General

• Feb 2006

Re: New Site

Hi Morgan: I think you have done a great job! I just have a few comments.

1. I would center your pages. If you right click on your page properties and click the box, "center in browser" that will do it for you.
    2. I would like to see your navigation bar on each page, instead of having to go back to the home page each time.
    3. I had to read your info in order to find out that you are in Wisconsin. I think you should put your address with your phone number. If it is a home business, then do you have a P.O. Box? At the least, maybe city and state. Just so people know where you are immediately.
    4. I don't know what your hopes are in terms of search engines finding you, but you need a lot of work in the SEO of your site, if that is something you want. You can do a search here on the forum for Bethers SEO Basics that she has for free for download.
    5. When I hover over your images, it would be nice to see the text show up. You do this my filling in the Alt Text in the properties box of the images.
    6. On your home page you have Sideline Systems, blue and underlined which ususally indicate a link. But that is not the case. I would find another way to make that stand out.

Well, that's all the suggestions I have for now. You have put a lot of work into your site and I just think with a little tweeking you will have it where you want it.
    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• morgantiry
      Corporal

• Oct 2006

Thanks Dream Lady!! Exactly the kind of info I was looking for.

Comment

• Bethers
        Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Dream lady gave you excellent advice. Not having navigation on the pages kept me from seeing more than 2 pages.

I couldn't find anyway to buy except by calling. Are you going to sell online or no?
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X