Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing Help again

Good Morning,

I've had quite a time with adding my shopping cart but I think I've figured it out. However, I'm having problems with how it is getting displayed and I know it's how I configured it but I don't know what I've done wrong so I'm needing some help.

My business is candles and B&B Products.......I'm using Paypal as my shopping cart.....the problem I originally was having is that Paypal only allows you to add 10 items.....I have over 40 fragrances. So what I did, was enter each fragrance as it's own separate page and then paypal works fine. I uploaded my fragrance list and hyperlinked each fragrance name to it's own page but when you click on the fragrance name, instead of opening up in it's own page, it opens up like a pop-up window and you can't see the entire page. I've had quite a time with this. Originally, when I created each page, I saved it in BV and then published it, but when I tried to link to it, I got an error page. So, I changed each of the hyperlink fragrance names from off the list to: http://www.mywebsite.com/fragrancename.html. I also noticed in my control panel that each fragrance name is listed as a php instead of html and because of this I was getting an error page.....this I know how to fix, I need to go into each page and change the file extension to html.......which I've done with the first two fragrances listed......but I'm wondering if this is why it's displaying like it does. If you right click on the fragrance name and click on "open in separate window" it displays as I want it to, but I don't want my customers to have to do this with each one......I want it to automatically do this.

Sorry for the long post and I hope it makes sense. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong would again be very much appreciated, as always!

Thanks! website: www.greatcandlesbymary.com

Re: Needing Help again

Did I post this in the wrong forum?

Comment

I'm went to your page, but I wasn't able to follow what you mean. I have designed e-commerce sites and I think yours looks great. Let's take this one step at a time. Post the page location of the exact page that you are having problems with.

PS: I am not very familiar with Paypal as I've used Mal's e for all of the sites that I've done. It supports Paypal and you can have as many pics as you want on a page. Food for thought...

Comment

when you bring up my site, click on "container candles" scroll down to the link (center of page after wording) and click on "click here to order" this will bring up the fragrance list page. Then click on the hyperlinked fragrance name.

Here's where I think the problem lies.......instead of creating a new page, I used my "thankyou.php" page and created my separate fragrance pages from. Stupid I know.....but wasn't thinking properly at the time. So, I think the HTML properties might be wrong....can you check this and tell me what should be in there vs. what is in there? I'd hate to have to re-create all 40+ pages

Comment

Well, for one thing, is there a reason you have put your pages in i-frame? This makes them hard to navigate. I don't think you will have to redo any pages. You just have to take them off the form. I'll tell you what...I'll do a sample page of your products for you to see if that's what you are thinking they should look like. Then I'll send you that page and we can go on from there...how does that sound?

Comment

The only page that I created in Iframe is the list of fragrances and that is because this I already had created in excel and just wanted to insert the file.

I don't want the individual fragrances to appear in iframe format......I didn't create them this way.....they are created in their own page through BV but when you click on them.....they get displayed in iframe format....not sure why this is like that.....but whatever you think you could do to help would be soooooooo very appreciated! Thanks for your time and help!

P.S. If you right click on the fragrance name from off the fragrance list, and then click on "display in new window"......this is how they should look and how they were individually created.....not sure if this helps but thought I'd add this :)

Comment

well then, that may be the source. I don't know that much about i-frames as i've only used it once, but i think that you have to redo the list of fragrances out of i-frame. So, this is what I will work on...I am going to try to *******te it for you. That way, you just link you pages to it and i think you should be fine.

Comment

Wow.....that would be wonderful! Thank you! If you can make this happen I see a candle coming your way!

Comment

go to www.designsbymapillar.com and use my contact form or call my toll free number to send me your email address so that I can send you your page.

Comment

you've got mail

Comment

Working...
                    X