• Sep 2006

Please Critique

Please critique

• Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Please Critique

Raph

Much better.. the navigation is anyway.. buttttt dont hate me.. they all open in a new window. Since you have the navigation they dont need to do that! But thats my preference.

I do like reading your stories tho!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Mook25
      Brigadier General

• Oct 2005

The content is great but i feel like you could do more with your site. At the moment it doesn't really grab my attention and looks like a page with lots of links on.

Try adding some images and some more colour to the page, even changing the links from plain text to buttons would help. I'm also not too keen on the links opening in another window, it would be much better if you had some sort of navigation menu at the top or side so people can navigate easily round your site but at the same time having the links open in the same window.

A great start so far though.
      Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
      FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

• Bethers
        Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Raphael,
        Great changes and strides you've made. I agree that you don't want the opening in a new window - but other than that - the only change I'd probably make - is putting in a short paragraph on the home page saying these are your original stories - in other words, tell people what they are clicking on.

I, too, love reading the stories - can get lost in here if I'm not careful!
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

• PeanutButterCups
          Sergeant

• Aug 2006

Hi,
          Lovely stories, but I have to agree with the others about not enough first impression impact. Some pictures would be great and keeping it same page opening also.
          Great work, keep it up.
          www.eft-emotionalfreedomtechnique.com
          www.thespyshop.ws
          www.globalspystore.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

I have to agree about the comments regarding layout of your Main Page, your first impression, and the very tool visitors have to navigate through your site. I have made a mock-up for you that demonstrates some of the very simple ways you can accomplish so many "issues" with very little work whatsoever.....I will give you the link below, but need to address something very important first.

You have a very incorrect understanding about Copyright, Registered Trademark, and how they relate to protecting your creative works. The line that demonstrates this on your website shown here, actually includes a link to an image page....not anything coherent at all:
            Copyright © All rights reserved worldwide. . 2000 Creation by “The Valley of Rabbits” ®©

Your improper use of the "Registered Trademark" symbol is in violation of Federal Law.
            I did the proper search using TESS (the tool found at the US Patent and Trademark Office) and you do not have anything registered as a Trademark, Service Mark, or Word Abstraction. I suggest you make the proper edits immediately (see the mock up below which shows the proper format).
            Link to US Patent and Trademark Office HERE
            Link to TESS (USPTO Search Tool) HERE > http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?...ate=vmpruk.1.1

Additionally, your statement "All Rights Reserved Worldwide" is total nonsense......you do not even have a Privacy Policy posted (which IS required if you have a Contact feature, both for the Patriot Act and for CANN), and even if you DID have a Privacy policy, your rights are only minimally protected: you need to include an "Infringement Statement/Warning" to provide you with any recourse whatsoever. The agencies that offer you protection will not do so unless you play by the rules first!
            A simple Infringement statement might be similar to this:
            Infringement Warning
            All intellectual property published, presented, or established herein including (but not limited to), content, systems, proprietary methodology, technologies, images, copyrights, servicemarks and trademarks are protected under US Federal and International Laws, and are vigorously defended by respective owners and registrants. Every instance of infringement or other violation are promptly referred to and fully prosecuted by the FBI and Interpol without exception.

Without posting such a "policy" you have no means of enforcement: without stipulation or warning, there is no violation or enforcement. You should use the links I provide here to read up on the provisions of USPTO enforcement, and the real provisions regarding the proper use and display of Copryright and Trademarks.

NOW....about you mock up I prepared....I used the image you actually placed on the "Rabbits" page (whatever reason you used it there and nowhere else) because I found it more interesting than the overly washed out image you used as a background originally. I do not wish to insult you, but when you look at it, you might find the reasons I wove it into your construct, and it might actually work for you. Who knows, but the point is to see, to actually understand the premises mentioned above regarding the navigation and visual appeal to visitors....you need to compel them to "enter" the experience of your website.
            Maybe this test page demonstrates the principles of how that interaction can be established?
            The Menu System and Links work, but are not directing to any pages now....just a demonstration.

I enjoyed your website, and your creativity.
            I know with some more work, and some "inspiration" you will find exactly what works for you best!
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• SAman
              Major General

• Mar 2007

Great stories, and insights!!!! I agree with what was already said, you need a little more expanation on the index, and some kind of pic or graphic that brings out your great insight.
              Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

• Raphaelazarias
                First Sergeant

• Sep 2006

Generalissimo Sir

Thank you kindly for your keen insight, you are a very passionate spirit and I will take your advice wholeheartedly

I love the “Test Page” may I make that my own?

I humbly thank everyone else that has taken the time to look over my humble site and constructively point me in the right direction I hope to do a better job thank you kindly again.

Moon Nations
                http://www.moonnations.com/

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

The Blue Voda files are on their way......

Comment

• SChajin
                    Major General

• Jan 2006

Moon Nations,

Great stories and I love the page Vasili did for you. Beautiful stories.
                    Sharon Chajin

Comment

• Raphaelazarias
                      First Sergeant

• Sep 2006

SChajin

Thank you for your warm encouragement it means a lot to me.
                      May the Great Spirits blessings be your and to all at BlueVoda.

Yes I love the page Vasili did for me also and I have all ready made it my page and I plan to launch it as soon as possible

Thank you Vasili for the great! Moon Nations page you have created for me.

Moon

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Quite Welcome!

Per request, additional BV page file for "stories" layout also sent....

Comment

Working...
                        X