Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evaluations Required

OK people, go easy on me.

This my first attempt and I know that I have a few bugs to iron out.

I need help on the Price list page with the script at the top. It was left over from when i was palying with 'mouseover' and now i can't get rid of it.

I have added a few adds and some advice there would be usefull.

Also, when i fill in informaton on the details page and press the goto price list page, this data is sent to me instead of being forwarded to the next page. It works fine for the price list page which sends its data to the appointment page and when submit os pressed it all gets sent to me! So at the moment i get 2 emails, 1 with half the info and 1 with all the info, so again some help there would be appreciated.

Be gentle

Peter Baldwin
    Peter Baldwin
    www.thechristexperience.info
    www.thegospelofthomas.info
    www.peterbaldwin.me.uk
    www.dentacarepoland.com

Re: Evaluations Required

Oh yes, you need the link:

Many thanks

Peter Baldwin
    Peter Baldwin
    www.peterbaldwin.me.uk
    www.dentacarepoland.com

Comment

Great site for first time!!! When you go to the page that introduces your medical team, you have price spelled wrong on the price button. I also found that the pages are too big on my screen and I have to move the bar over to see everything. I didn't go into every page and read everything, so the above are just a couple of minor things that I found.
      Lynda Taylor
      www.thevirtualword.com

Comment

I agree, it is better for the majority of users if they do not have to scroll to the right just to view your site. However the before and after pictures were pretty impressive. That's something catchy that will probably keep your viewers interested.

"detail" is spelled incorrectly on home page.
        Best Regards,
        Alex
        Surveillance Systems
        Restaurant POS | Retail POS
        Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Interesting. I'm learning to improve mine.

By the way, how can I put my pic as you did? I mean when we reply. I can see Peter and Lynda's faces. How can I put mine.
          When I insert image, it asks the URL of my image. It means I've to have that pic published on the Net already??

Thanks,
          Pat
          www.tcottowel.com

Comment

Hi, you got me thinking on going to Poland with the way prices are going in the UK.
            But onto your site.
            The main thing that stands out is the side scroll, the index page is set at 2202 & should be about 800’ish. But you won’t be able to get it down to this until you bring everything to the left on your BV page.
            The images on all pages need some adjustment IE: the header image http://dentacarepoland.com/Panoramic...et_in_Lodz.jpg is 366kb & should be about 40’ish kb
            And a lot of the hotel images are very pixulated when clicked on for a larger image. The thumbnails on these should be around 10kb & these ones are about 200-300 kbs, This wont help the page loading times as the page is up at about 2-3meg instead of about 2-300 kb.
            But besides my moans, it’s got the feel of a dentist site with the type of colouring.

Good luck.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Wow - you guys are medal winners. So constructive - thank you so very much.

Peter Baldwin
              Peter Baldwin
              www.peterbaldwin.me.uk
              www.dentacarepoland.com

Comment

Aconstas1 - To upload your picture, upload it as your Avitar

Peter Baldwin
                Peter Baldwin
                www.peterbaldwin.me.uk
                www.dentacarepoland.com

Comment

Chris / Lynda / Alex

You have all commented on the scroll bars. I have run the page bot in IE and Firefox. Both browsers show me that scroll bars are not present ?????

Any ideas?

Peter Baldwin
                  Peter Baldwin
                  www.peterbaldwin.me.uk
                  www.dentacarepoland.com

Comment

You dont see the scroll bars because you may have a bigger screen than most and because screen resolution varies from computer to computer. The best thing to do is to make sure your pages arent greater than 800. When you are in Blue Voda, there are numbers along the top and side of your page. Keep your content within the 800 mark along the top of the page. Then in the Page Properties make sure your page width is not greater than 800. You can choose to center your page on screens that are bigger, and you can even add a background color or picture to make up the empty space. This way you ensure all of your viewers can see your entire page without having to scroll to the right or left.

If you visit my site you will see what i mean about centering and background color.

I hope this helps.
                    Best Regards,
                    Alex
                    Surveillance Systems
                    Restaurant POS | Retail POS
                    Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

I don't have to scroll either - if I open it full screen.

The thing to be aware of - is most of intenet users are not using this screen width. And about 15-20% are still using a stone age width of 800 pixels.

You need to decide what portion of internet users you don't want to have to scroll. Personally, I keep my pages designed now under 1024 width- and that means 80-90% of my visitors don't scroll. It also means I could lose some potential customers in the 10-20% who do. I did try to design so that it wouldn't bother them - and my conversion rate since doing this (over 6 months now) has NOT gone down - so I kept it this way. But I won't go larger than this width - as I don't want to alienate any more people :)

You need to work on your SEO - maybe take a look at the last link in my signature - and get your page titles working for you.
                      Beth
                      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                      X