Lots of Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of Changes

Hey guys & gals...I have made lots of changes and hope they are for the good. I'm having problems with a shopping cart because I don't really need one, but still want to put Paypal on site. Any suggestions???
    Thanks once again,
    Lynda
    www.thevirtualword.com

Re: Lots of Changes

What do you want Paypal to do for you? You can add a script/form where people can pay you through Paypal - or you can add paypal buttons in specific amounts to certain items - either way can be done.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Your index page can be named index, but i suggest that you change the "Titles" to something that tells people a little more about your site. Just a suggestion.

You can go to PayPal, set up the appropriate account and follow the instructions on their site to help you set up your paypal shopping cart.
      Best Regards,
      Alex
      Surveillance Systems
      Restaurant POS | Retail POS
      Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

This is the 3rd thread for this website....(an average of one per week)....many of the suggestions offered previously provide a greater sense of reference and measurable progress if you continue to post within a single thread per website (according to Forum Rules).

It also allows particular note of any continued challenges with the processes of the development of your site......making it easier for your peers to assist you through them easily. Beth's post above, for example, mentions specific "basics" that are still awaiting your attention, an obvious demonstration why only one thread per website is an important Rule to maintain.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili..if it were more clear as to how to access a former thread, I would do that...I have read the forum rules, and I realize this is the third time I have entered a thread, but for the life of me, cannot figure out how to do this. I apologize for being such an airhead. Perhaps you could advise me.

Comment

Bethers...I have a business account with Paypal, and the only button I can find is one that says "Pay Now", but I have noticed on other sites that there is a Paypal logo, plus logos for all the credit cards and that is what I'm looking for.
            Thanks,
            Lynda
            www.thevirtualword.com

Comment

1. When you "arrive" at VodaTalk, you will be at the "Forums Index" page, which shows all the the different forums that comprise the larger Vodatalk;
              2. Toward the top, you will note the "Customer Website Reviews" forum (where this thread resides)...if you click on the title of the forum, you will come to the "Index" of that particular forum;
              3. All threads within the "Customer Website Review" forum are listed, with the most recently posted-to thread at the top (the default set-up).
              4. You should be able to scroll down to see your own threads, and if you do not see them on the first page, merely navigate to page 2, and so on, until you find your thread;
              5. When you find your thread, you can click on the title of it to go to the first post, or click on the small little arrow to the right of the name of the last person to post: this will take you to that last post.

That is the traditional "linear navigation" method.
              Another easy way for you to find your threads (and all of your posts as well) is to click on User CP in the top left of every page, to go to your "User Control Panel", which will display options to navigate to displayed "subscribed" threads, pull up all threads created by you, or all of your posts --- each of which will be displayed in ******logically descending order.

Navigating in forums is really quite easy, and if you have any questions on how to do anything or to use any feature of VodaTalk, you can find FAQ and other "Helps" at the top of every page!
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Lynda, If you wish to view a complete step by step video tutorial on how to create a paypal button, please visit this address
                Have fun
                Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                Newbies / Beginners Forum
                FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thanks for your comments,Alex. I thought the pages had to be named for what they are. I went into your site and clicked on some buttons and I see that you are more descriptive about what the pages are. Something new I learned today. :>))
                  As for Paypal, well I have a business account with them and the only button I can find for a single item is "Pay Now". I want a Paypal button logo with all the credit card logos and cannot find it.
                  Thanks,
                  Lynda
                  www.virtualword.com

Comment

Thanks for explaining, Vasili. Very much appreciated.

Comment

What a great site, David!!! Lots of interesting stuff I can use. Thank you very much. :>))

Comment

Your welcome Lynda, If you still have any problems after watching the video, contact me and I will set your buttons up for you............
                        Have fun
                        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                        Newbies / Beginners Forum
                        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hi Lynda,

It's easy to get lost if you are not used to forums, I am sure you will soon fine your way around.

If you want anything at all to do with paypal and logos etc just follow this link.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/we...irectory_intro

There is a an online logo section where you should find all you need, but everything you could need is there.

I like the new look by the way, it does take some tweaking until we are finally happy, good luck with your site and I hope the link is useful to you. If you want to know anything else at all to do with paypal, just ask on the forums or contact me through any of my sites.

Kind Regards

Paul
                          www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                          The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                          Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                          Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Thank you, Paul. Your help and comments are so very much appreciated.

Comment

Glad to have helped in a small way. You can save your pages as whatever you want to, just the Title is kind of important since it is what will be displayed in search engines. It wont help too many customers if they see a page called index or products because it doesnt tell them too much about what they are about to click in to. Its just something that you learn as you go along.
                              Best Regards,
                              Alex
                              Surveillance Systems
                              Restaurant POS | Retail POS
                              Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Working...
                              X