Lots of Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lots of Changes

Sorry Lynda, my mistake, you have to be logged in to view that page.

If you have an account just go to the TAB 'Auction tools' then at the bottom of the screen 'View All Tools' and you will find the page.

Sorry about that.

Paul
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Thank you Paul. That is exactly what I was looking for. Would you believe I have been doing auctions thru Paypal for 5 years and I didn't even think to look in the auction section. :>((

You guys are the greatest!!!
      Thanks again,
      Lynda

Comment

Lynda,
        Wow - since I responded and was gone for some hours - look at all the wonderful help you've received.

Great people on this forum - it's a definite "Pay it Foward" here!
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

I know, Bethers...Isn't it great??? Really a terrific group here...just ask and ye shall receive. Now I'm ready to set up a sub-domain...WOW...who would have thunk...LOL

Lynda
          www.thevirtualword.com

Comment

Hi Lynda

Navigated through your site and it is nice and clean and flows with ease. One suggestion I would have is to make sure your main components such as the header and buttons are constantly in the same spot so that when you move between pages it will be almost seemless and it will look like just the inside text is changing. This can easily be done by creating one page (i.e. index) and than cloning it for the rest of the pages and try to keep most of the content within the frame of the template.

It seems when I go to each section on your site, both the header and the side buttons move to a different spot (some up, and some down) and have to reload each time (thus slowing the page down when loading).

Other than that it looks good!

Danny

Comment

Thanks for letting me know, Danny. I tried so hard to get everything level, without making a clone page and I didn't succeed. So now I have been sitting here for a couple of hours after making a template and cutting and pasting everything. I sure hope it is working okay now.
              Can I assume from your name that you are from Canada??? I'm originally from Toronto myself. I think Bethers is in Halifax, NS. Small world, eh?? LOL
              Thanks again,
              Happy Easter,
              Lynda

Comment

Originally posted by lyndataylor@bellsouth.net
                Can I assume from your name that you are from Canada??? I'm originally from Toronto myself. I think Bethers is in Halifax, NS. Small world, eh?? LOL
                Thanks again,
                Happy Easter,
                Lynda
                Happy Easter, Lynda! The Easter Bunny has confused you with all the hopping around: LadyEye lives in Nova Scotia, not Beth!

If you are manually duplicating pages, be sure to make good use of the "X-Y" axis tool (bottom right of BV pane)....it tells you the exact position of the object highighted: x=4, y=110 means the upper left corner of the object (regular object, textbox, picture, etc.) is 4 spaces from the left page margin and at line 110 (down from page top). If you note the XY axis set points for your elements, you can be sure to place them in exact duplicative positioning.

An easier way to duplicate items page-to-page is by Copy/Paste, but not using the right-click or the EDIT method. If you click on an item once (highlight it) and then use the COPY ICON at the top left of the BV toolbar, then move to the next page and use the PASTE icon (next to the Copy icon, the clipboard), it will be pasted in the exact same position as on the original page. It may mean a lot of methodical clicking on buttons and moving page to page, but it is the fastest and surest means short of Clone.

And, if you want to get a jump up on how G3 webs are being built, you might consider using the BV-php method. It is a little more complicated, but allows you to present items across pages similar to how an iFrame works in a much more SE-friendly fashion.

and on you go.....
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by lyndataylor@bellsouth.net
                  Thanks for letting me know, Danny. I tried so hard to get everything level, without making a clone page and I didn't succeed. So now I have been sitting here for a couple of hours after making a template and cutting and pasting everything. I sure hope it is working okay now.
                  Thanks again,
                  Happy Easter,
                  Lynda
                  Hi Lynda

You would be correct in assuming that I am from Canada. Sunny Kelowna to be exact!

Just a tip, but the easiest way to ensure your page are perfect is to build the first template and get all your sidebars, buttons and other items that will remain stationary ALL the time (then "lock" them all!), and THEN use the "Save Page As" function to create the next template and that way you don't have to adjust anything but the text for that page.

To ensure the text lines up, click on "Layout" from the menu bar, and then select "Guide Settings" (bottom) and make sure there is a checkmark in "Snap to Grid" and set your spacing to "6" and "6".

Now, when you insert the new text or information, copy and paste the old text into the page and then line it up with existing text. Then simply delete the existing text and it should line up perfect along with your header and buttons.

Good Luck!

Danny

Comment

Happy Easter to you also, Vasili. I would say the Easter Bunny must have really confused me, or it could have been doing all that work on the site at 1:30 in the morning and I was snoozing sitting at my computer...LOL
                    Thanks for letting me know what I have to do to make sure everything aligns correctly. There is so much to learn about building a website and with everyone here being so helpful, I'm sure one of these days I will be an expert also.
                    Best regards,
                    Lynda

Comment

Thanks, Danny,
                      I really appreciate your help in making sure everything lines up correctly.
                      By the way, I lived on Vancouver Island for a year also. BC is really what they call "God's Country".
                      Thanks again,
                      Lynda

Comment

Working...
                      X