Seeking Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Reviews

Please visit my site and offer your likes, dislikes, suggestions, advice, etc. Feel free to be harsh or say what really comes to your mind. I promise, I have too many things goin on in my life to let a VodaTalk forum hurt my feelings. Please don't just put oh i like it... If that's what I was looking for I'd show it to my mom, girlfriend, neighbors, and friends. I'm really seeking an honest review so that my visitors can get the most out of their visit to my site. Please inform me of any broken links. I believe all links are working; however, not all pages have content. I'm still working on a few pages. The calendar is not up yet either. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by aconstas1; 04-06-2007, 11:42 PM. Reason: add content
    Best Regards,
    Alex
    Surveillance Systems
    Restaurant POS | Retail POS
    Free WoW Gold Guide

Re: Seeking Reviews

Hi Alex,

First impression was that it was well laid out, then little things started to spoil that impression:

Your 2 main headings are a tad to high on your home page and the colour red/orange on the right hand side was a little off putting...............

I much prefer the white on grey as you have started out at the top.

Your contact page does not work very well with that I-frame as you have to scroll sideways to view everything.

Links from your resources (clients & directories) were not working......

On the whole, you have good marketable products and with a little bit of tweaking here and there, I would say that you should do well.

Buena Suerte amigi mio..................
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thanks for your insight David. I didn't know what you meant about the headings being a bit high. Then it dawned on me to look at in with IE and I see what you are talking about. Since I previewed my site all with Firefox, I only saw perfect alignment. I'm not sure what to do about it. I know exactly what the cause is. I aded <h1> tag before and after the body of the text html and it moved the way it looks in Firefox so I moved the headings up, which corrected the way they look in Firefox but not in IE. I'll probably just remove those <h1> tags.

I changed the link color on the right side to the off-white with orange mouseover only on the index page. Tell me if you like that better.

the two 404's I fixed. thanks for that catch.

You're talking about the map on the Contact Info page aren't you. I thought you were talking about the Contact Us form. Ok Yeah, i'll probably replace that Iframe with something else.

Thanks for your input.
      Best Regards,
      Alex
      Surveillance Systems
      Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Hi Alex, I reviewed your site using the Opera Browser so its just not IE.
        Dont get rid of the h tags, put them in a html box and then move the box to display the headings correctly. Bit fiddly but worth the effort.

White on grey change has done the trick, its not glaring or shimmering now.

I-frame:
        widen the frame OR reduce the width of the page contents just enough to get rid of the sideways scroll.
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Comment

You need to look in at least IE and Firefox - and make the page so it is able to be viewed in both without overlap. If it look ok in those 2, it should work in the others - and those are the top 2.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

I do believe that Alex mentioned viewing with both those browsers.............
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Comment

Ahh David, now you've got me workin again. I think you're right though. It will be worth it. I didn't even think about inserting HTML box. Thanks for the idea.

Thanks Beth, yes i agree. Sound advice. I will start previewing all my pages in both browsers from now on.
              Best Regards,
              Alex
              Surveillance Systems
              Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Throwing the HTML didn't really make a difference when I preview the pages. I just made some more room and squeezed things so that they look normal in both IE and Firefox. Thanks for the idea though David. Got rid of the Iframe too. Perhaps I'll do something with a map someother time when i get a screenshot of a map or something.
                Best Regards,
                Alex
                Surveillance Systems
                Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

OK new question...

A) HERE
                  B) HERE
                  C) Adjust A) some
                  D) Adjust B) some
                  or E) Keep trying go something different

Thanks for your response.
                  Best Regards,
                  Alex
                  Surveillance Systems
                  Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Alex;
                    I like your page the way it is, except that the links at the top, Home, About us .... seem scrunched together, it took me a minute to realize they were seperate words and not a sentence. Must be the old fart syndrome kicking in. All in all I think every thing worked good for me.
                    Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Thanks for your input Mike. So you're saying stick with letter A correct?
                      Best Regards,
                      Alex
                      Surveillance Systems
                      Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Hi Alex

I like A ... but there are a few things I noted you may want to consider ...

http://www.aapossolutions.com/Other-Info/Newsletter.html

http://www.aapossolutions.com/Other-Info/News-Articles.html

http://www.aapossolutions.com/Other-Info/Regions.html

http://www.aapossolutions.com/Other-Info/Operation.html

http://www.aapossolutions.com/Other-Info/Contact-Info.html

http://www.aapossolutions.com/Other-Info/FAQs.html

Your font on these pages, and maybe a few more, is white, and is hard to read on the light grey background ….. (referring to your right navigation menu) you should adjust one or the other ...

With your main navigation menu, I agree that the text links are too close together, perhaps if you just reduced the font size down some this may resolve this issue.

I am not certain I would find your page of “features” “advantages” “latest news” on your site at all, as you only have mention of them from the link at the very bottom of the page entitled “site map” … I would normally think these links at the bottom are repeats to what your main navigation of your site contains … you may want to re-think your navigation on your site … or if it is the directory to your site, you may want to place it elsewhere, hidden at the bottom is not the best spot for this.

You have alot of pages and you really want the flow and ease from page to page to be easy for the viewer .. I like the colors of your site, they do go nicely with the topic and your layout is good except the few things I mentioned.

Hope this helps.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Okay, I see your text links to these areas, well one is so large I don't know how I missed it ... so ignore that comment Alex ... because I did find them ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                          02036089024 / United Kingdom
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

All I can see is the need to pay to particular attention to details: alignments, overlapping elements, proper structure, etc.

I am sure once this has been achieved then the remainder of the layout will flow in like manner. Then it will be worth spending some time tweaking the larger and more abstract issues, like browser views and preferred colors....

Remember: Perfect Page = perfected construct first, then overall true relevancy (via precise Content and logistical development)
                            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks guys. I will do my best.
                              Best Regards,
                              Alex
                              Surveillance Systems
                              Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Working...