1st Website Running - comments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Website Running - comments?

My website www.fishingleaderboards.com has been running for about 2 weeks. I've tweaked it a bit, reduced the size of some of the photos for faster loading, and other miscellaneous stuff. I've had two orders already (from folks I know - but at least the shopping cart and paypal worked!) I am really going to start pushing my marketing plan - will definitely take some time to establish traffic!

Any constructive criticism from you all would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your great support forum and answers to my questions!

Steve - Kaps@fishingleaderboards.com

Re: 1st Website Running - comments?

Very impresive and well laid out......what a great idea.....you should do well.

one small point, your oder form allowed me to go to step 2 without filling out any of the fields from the first page.

You might want to use the required fields facility in abvfp to avoid that.

Well done, nice site.....................
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

You've done a great job with the website.

My problem comes from the images of your products. To be honest, if I look at those images, I wouldn't buy- they look blurry and not of the quality that you say they are. If these are computer generated images, you should be able to get a much cleaner/crisper picture for where their names, headlines, etc go. I'd work on that - because I think it's a great product.

And I'm sure that people who know you are ordering because they know the product and how it looks - unfortunately, those who don't - are probably going to keep looking. There must be a way for you to tweak this :)
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi, like the layout, but have to agree with Beth on the image side of things. It needs a full & clear image. You may be able to cut out part of the image for a large thumbnail & have a pop up or mouse over image show the full detail when needed.

Good luck.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi,

I agree with the others. The images are hard to read. Very nice looking site though. You should do well.
          Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

As a fisherman I loved your site. I know you specify that if a fish isn't listed to put it in the Other Event Information, but you've got room for 3 more!

Let me suggest.... Striped Bass for the Southeastern River tournaments

and Tarpon, Marlin, for the salty tourneys.

Well Done!
            Best Regards,
            Alex
            Surveillance Systems
            Restaurant POS | Retail POS
            Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Thank you for your comments - I'll fix my blurry graphics, add the fish mentioned, and study up on "required fields" for my form.

Appreciate your time,

Steve
              Kaps@fishingleaderboards.com

Comment

Working...
              X