• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Any and all feedback is welcome

Hi, I quite often use this software on a lot of things like logos. http://www.thelogocreator.com/
    The text part you can do in BV, just create your text in blue, then cut & paste that text onto the same page & change the colour to grey & place behind the original text, slightly offset.
    If you can post your original image that you have your cards printed from on the forum, I am sure one of use can reduce the size without the fuzzy bits. It won’t work very well if it has to be enlarged.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• rdcrowley
      Staff Sergeant

• Feb 2007

Thanks again for the input and recommendations on a couple of logo making sites. I'll check them out and play with some things with my logo.

I would post the original image from my business card maker, but I'm not sure how. If you can tell me how, I'd love to post it on the forum. It's much smaller than what I've placed on my site. I enlarged it for the purpose of my site, but I totally agree that I made it way too big for the site.

Thanks,
      rdcrowley

Comment

• LadyEye
        General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Blue Voda 9 now has a logo maker within the program, you can make a real nice one too, I would suggest this ...

I think I'd like to see some kind of framework or border on your site, and would agree with centering the pages, your content appears to me, to be kind of floating around the page, loose, needs to be tighter looking, if you know what I mean. Perhaps a shape behind your text and content and apply borders on it keeping the content and your new logo within the framework .. personally, I am not a fan of text with a colored background, I think someone else mentioned a cut and paste look, that is where I notice the cut & paste, a smaller tighter font, like a verdana in a 10 or 12 would look nice. I might make either the pictures, or your business name, be your logo/header, (of course after you make a new logo with the BV9) as both are kind of taking up too much of the page, and perhaps reduce the size of the font on your drop menu, that might be better too ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• SAman
          Major General

• Mar 2007

Hi rdcrowley;
          Your question on your contact info, to make it not look like it was pasted in, either use the text buttom next to the arrow in the top menu bar, or if you use a text block, go into the properties of the block and you can make the back ground transparent. Looks like you ar getting there, good luck!!
          Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

• rdcrowley
            Staff Sergeant

• Feb 2007

I did insert the contact text with a text block but when I go into the properties of the text block, there's isn't an option to make the back ground transparent. I couldn't find the option in the custom color section either. In view mode, it still shows up white directly behind the text, but the rest of the block is fine.

What to do? What to do?

I'm thinking about moving it to the header area, but I'd really like to keep it where it's at if I can get rid of the white.

Comment

• TSP
              Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2007

Not yet ready to go online, but I've been building and fine-tuning up to 7 pages. Only viewing them in my owm brownser till date.
              I'm appaled by the BVoda guys and gals but might need some more time, maybe also help to get my site online.
              Now I'm going to attack the linking pages togethers stage. Not sure if I will be able to view the linking in my browser?

Comment

• rdcrowley
                Staff Sergeant

• Feb 2007

Sorry for the long delay in my communication. I've been extremely busy with other things as well as working on most of the suggested changes. I've got most of them completed and have re-published my site for review. However, I do have a question. How do I make my email address "clickable"?

Comment

• rdcrowley
                  Staff Sergeant

• Feb 2007

Sorry, I've been out of pocket for a while, but I have some questions regarding my web site. I've made a lot of changes that have been suggested, but I have some issues/questions:
                  1) I've got several pdf files linked on my "Educational Information" page but they're not working when I publish that page. How do I publish the pdf files so the links will work?
                  2) I've entered a form for people to enter their information if they would like more information, but when I submit a test it doesn't work. Any idea how to make this work?

That's it for now but I'm sure I'll have others. I finally have a couple of weeks at home so I wanted to get this site working during this period.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

• rdcrowley
                    Staff Sergeant

• Feb 2007

I figured out what was wrong with my "form" and I have it fixed to were the information entered is emailed to me, but I'm still having problems with my pdf files that are linked to one of my pages.

How do I publish pdf files so the links will work? Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• rdcrowley
                      Staff Sergeant

• Feb 2007

By the way, if it helps, these files are in Adobe Reader format.

Comment

• rdcrowley
                        Staff Sergeant

• Feb 2007

Any suggestions from anyone??

Please help!!

Comment

• rdcrowley
                          Staff Sergeant

• Feb 2007

I figured it out and I've made several changes per the suggestions on this forum as well as other colleagues. Please take a look and let me know what you think.
                          PS. I chose to keep the technical jargon because anyone looking on this type of site would be familiar with the terms and if not I've included a glossary of terms for novice to "lean manufacturing".

www.howtobelean.com

Comment

• larazovich
                            General

• Jul 2006

NOne of your links seem to be working?
                            Liz
                            www.sebastopolparty.com
                            www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment