• Show
Clear All

• Please Check this site

I need you critiques please
    as you can see am new here and I would like you guys comments on my site
    southcoastvibz.net

thank you in advance.

Re: Please Check this site

You've got moving text that can't be read at the top because of color and at the bottom because it's moving too fast. Then you've got several distracting blinking things going on makes it look like a Christmas tree. Kind of difficult to follow. The background picture is beautiful, but I wouldn't use it as a background. Rather I would use a white background with that picture in a logo or as a gallery photo.
    Best Regards,
    Alex
    Surveillance Systems
    Restaurant POS | Retail POS
    Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

I assume this is the correct url for your site?
      http://www.southcoastvibz.net/do2.html

I can see you have put a lot of work into your site. I didn't have much time to look at it all, but here are a few suggestions.
      1. First and foremost....Very colorful site, however....I can't read most of your test because of the color used and being over the images.
      2. The images you used in the background are somewhat distorted which distracts from your site.
      3. Your nav bar with the red and lime green is ok, but I think you can make it work a little better. Need better descriptions and many of your links don't work, so I assume you are still working on that.
      4. Your header does not do you justice...in my opinion. It seems all squished together and with the random color changes...ummm just don't know about that.
      5. Your music was very slow to load up on the site. I love it, but you may want to consider having it available to those who want to listen, but not have it automically load on your site.
      6. Your pink marquee is waaayyy to fast. I'm not a fan of the marquee anyway, but yours is moving to fast to read.

You have got a GREAT START here, just need to do some rethinking on font colors and images.
      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

I agree with the others. My eyes were popping when I looked at the site. Really nice background picture, but it looks like it was stretched to fit the page and appears distorted. Great start, keep working at it.
        Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

Thank you guys for giving such helpful advise, looking forward to put them in
          my work.
          If anymore weekness in my site please let me know so I can improve on it

Comment

Hi there, to much moving stuff, hurts my eyes.... So sorry, I know how hard you worked but you will get there. Take their advise.
            Sharon Chajin

Comment

Unless you are targeting your traffic to locals (who appreciate and understand the use of many hot colors and casual appearances), your site falls short of what most true shoppers are used to finding.
              Even the Jamaican flag is way out of proportion, making it look totally out of place!

If you are gearing toward the tourist dollar, you should consider using pictures that convey that action (an invitation to participate) in a clean and crisp manner: a nice shot of shoppers at the Negril Marketplace, or the many stalls at the Straw Market, or even the local scene in Ann Parrish (Ocho)......then your "Listings" emerge as more important as a resource to those potential shoppers!
              > And, you will most likely find "advertisers" more willing to participate if the site is classy and true to form.

In this vein of emerging professionalism, you need to pay attention to all the spelling errors throughout....there is never an excuse for such unexercised attention to basic details. And, I suggest you weigh the potential benefit of using a font that is more legible and universally viewable.
              I do not wish to suggest that you make your site "bland" or totally "rigid" in any respect, but you can surely make small changes to project cohesion and your intent in a clearer, well-thought fashion, yes?

Evr'yting Chriss, Mon! Irie!
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Aloha Vasilli, I checked out your websites. You have been a busy guy. They look good!

Webwiz, I know you worked hard on your site but more work is needed. You have received some good advice. I would follow it. Good luck with your business!
                www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

yah man tanks much

Comment

Thank you all for all the pointers that you have given me, and I sure will take them and improve my site, this site is meant for adding pages for people on the south coast who are interesting in getting their businesses published on the net, I will only be giving them one page and as you can see am putting each pages in the menu bar under southcoastvibz , It takes forever for me to go through all the pages and add the links to the menu bar, when each customer comes. Can any one give me any idea as to how I should organize the site to make it more easy and effective?
                    I know u might be upset with me but

Comment

Working...
                    X