Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friends, VodaAliens and all others...lend me your eyes...advise please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends, VodaAliens and all others...lend me your eyes...advise please.

Hi All,

Almost done with redo...delays due to writing deadlines...:( So please take a look at the redo and tell me if all links are working, if any typos, etc. Also look and feel. I have made it less stodgy ..i think and anda few more elements to be added but please let me know. Thanks ..all critiques ..positive and negative welcome. Thanks to my voda friends.

And to all the newbies out there...WELCOME...i'm not on as often as I'd like but I hope you all enjoy this gathering place.
    Beezz
    sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Re: Friends, VodaAliens and all others...lend me your eyes...advise please.

Hi Beez,

I like your new look, I did however try to enter the site by pressing enter, maybe you could hyperlink the word also.

I have also taken a look at http://www.mobipocket.com that was mentioned in your book, you have given me an idea there, I did not know about this site, the last time I checked on amazon about selling e-books you could not do it.

I am sure one day all your writing dreams will come true, while we continue to try we always have a chance of reaching our goal.

Good luck

Paul
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Hi Beezz,

I really liked your site. Nice--Clean--Smooth. The story of Felix was great. I tried the several links and they work. Like Paul, I tried to enter on "enter" but the bee worked fine. You did a really good job.
      Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

Hi Beez - I like that it looks like a book - but if you want the se's to spider all the pages and find you - you'll need to spend some time doing some navigation linking - I suggest starting with making a sitemap that includes all the pages and is clickable from the home page.

You have underlined text on many pages - I tried to click each time to go somewhere - and most of them aren't clickable. Remember on the web that underlining is normally reserved for links - and most of what you underlined would make good links. For example - Poet of the Week - would make a better anchor text link than the one at the bottom of the page saying "Learn more about this Poet".

I tried to click "My E-Book" and "The Poetic Musings on a Writer's Journey" and neither was clickable - and I had to look to figure out the picture was. I probably wouldn't have stayed around to find that out after trying both the others - both of which I expected to be links.

And again - I'd get rid of the underlining on "Links to Publish Your Work" because that isn't clickable.

When I clicked on "Learn more about this poet" it takes me off your site. In that case I recommend that you use "target=blank" to open that link in a new window - so people don't lose your site by checking out the author - and then possibly clicking something else, etc etc. Same with the link to poetry.com (By the way - I avoid that site - get lots of spam and junk if I do anything there.)
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks for the very good advice and info.
          Karel & Ace5548 I will link the enter button too. Did not think of that. Bethers thank you for the very good advice...and i will remove the undelining and very good idea on Poet of the Week and the other good suggestions.
          I did not know that poetry.com does a lot of spamming... i guess because i us it for searchign for poetry but i will find other sites anyway and remove it once i have some better ones.

I have not linked evrything yet but will be doing so shortly and then the pics etc should work.

Thank you all for your advice and for taking the time to look.
          Beezz
          sigpic

Comment

Hi Beezz...One little thing is when I open up to your first page, your spelling of "offering" hits me in the face. There should only be one "r". Very small picky thing and other then that, I think your site is coming along beautifully. I love the idea of it being a book and opening each page.
            Regards,
            Lynda
            www.thevirtualword.com

Comment

Nice job Beez, definitely a much more colorful look, suits you much better .. I've like you, been so beeezy, sorry

Your daisies look lovely!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hey Beezz!! Good to see you. We've missed having you around. I like your new look, better than the previous one. Much easier to navigate. Let us know when you have all the links working, ok? Great Job!
                Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Love it, Bee. Will take a go at it again when my connection is not acting up. Be good,

Mapillar

Comment

Ladies thank you for the input.it is greatly appreciated. LE...a special thanks for all your help and advice while i was doing the site...you really helped me streamline it and get me in the right gear...lol. I've added more links and i have followed Bethers suggestions and got rid of unecessary underlining and so everythign underlined is linked...and shuld be working. I have tried to catch all speling errors but please keep you ***** eys out fo those pesky buggers, i always seem to miss one or two ...and also any grammar i may have let get away as well...lol.
                    Keep em coming folks and i'll be done in a day or two as i'm still trying to finish some other deadlines. Thanks everyone for your input.
                    Beezz
                    sigpic

Comment

PS...by the way...no one mentioned the music and it made me strt wondering if you all aren't hearing it and also if it something to keep or get rid of and if it is causing slow page loads. Thanks again....:)
                      Beezz
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi Beez. I really like this site. It's a beautiful idea....especially for a writer. I'm really tired tonight so I'll come back tomorrow and look into it further, but I just wanted to mention a couple quick things.

First I don't know if it's my browser, but the top of the book is right at the top of the browser window. Again it might just be my browser but if not, I think it would look better if the top of the book was a bit lower. Then it would look exactly like you're reading a book.

The second, and I only mention this because you brought it up, is the music. I kind of think some people like music on websites and some don't. Lol I happen to be one of those that find it distracting. Usually when I enter a site and there's music I'm rushing to find a way to turn it off. Most of the time because it blares into my speakers. That said the music on your site suits the book and it's not on loud......it's nice though that it can be turned off. I don't know if it's possible.....but I've always wished people could put some kind of "turn the music off here" button on their sites if they have music. Otherwise us older people kind of do a mad scramble coming into a site with music. Lol.

Comment

Hi Casey,

Thanks for your input and i am fixing the book being right at the top...lol..it's not you ...lol...i'm a bit of everythign to its edge sort of person but you were right in that observation and am working it out.

I do enjoy listening to music and much of what is on the website is what i listen to when i write and I thought other 'future' writers might also like it. I do appreciate you concerns and will make a note near the jukebox on turning it off for those who do not wish to have it on. Thank you for taking the time and i look forward to any other comments you have when you're no too tired.
                          Beezz
                          sigpic

Comment

I like the look. I have visited your site many times and didnt figure out how to navigate it until this time. I always see your home and about us, but i never realized that it was a mouseover effect to make the menu scroll between the arrows. I always clicked on the right one expecting it to turn the page. but of course it doesnt do that....
                            then i used to find myself frustrated that i had to turn each page to see what else you had on the site....

I was happy to see that there actually IS navigation links at the top, but I didn't figure it out and I'm affraid that perhaps others may not either. They too may find themselves frustrated because they can't easily navigate your site because they don't figure out your navigation system.

Just somethin to thinnk about.
                            Best Regards,
                            Alex
                            Surveillance Systems
                            Restaurant POS | Retail POS
                            Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Hi Beez,

You put alot of work into your site, it's coming along quite nicely, I like it. The colors and layout look great. Good stuff!.........keep up the good work & the creative writings you busy lil' bee..........

Comment

Working...
                              X