• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluester
    First Sergeant

• Dec 2006

testing, testing

Well , there is still so much to do in my mind but am afraid to go any further without some feedback. Got 6 pages on so far and they still need tweeking a little plus I am still writting the text for most but you should be able to see where I'm going. Any and all critiques highly welcome. thank you

blue
    id#11961
    www.salondecaro.com
  • scubadiver
    Lieutenant Colonel

• Aug 2006

Re: testing, testing

Aloha, your site looks nice and you're right, there is some tweaking that is needed. The home button color background needs to be extended to match the others. The photo at the top left is some what distorted. There is a space between 667-3400 and 667-3434. There is a space between the first large A and the t. The word provide is misspelled.

The picture that you have stretched represents your product. But I wonder if you could put it back in shape and then put pictures of nail polish and skin care products or someone doing a facial, doing a manicure or pedicure. Just a thought.

It is probably just me, but I didn't like to see the name of the Salon in red so many times in the text.

I wish you the best with your business and with the right seo this website could bring you some business. Good luck!
    www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Slow down....although it is good and personally satisfying to compose when on a roll, often your Content and interior "design" will reform due to the required perfection of your actual construct!

You have a ways to go covering the basics in your layout: alignments, sizes of elements (are they balanced, and/or "finished"), are your images optimally presented, are the page properties completed within the true relevancy, etc.

So much more than visual, a website needs to first be perfected along these lines (Perfect Page construction), so when your Content and interior "relevance" is added, it becomes the crown of your overall Perfect Page....which is what the Search Engines are all about: seeking those websites that have "gotten it right" and therefore must be more important for them to rank higher....

Now...step back a bit and take a critical eye to your site, trying to see what seems out of place, or not "balanced"....accomplish these first, and then discover how your refined layout actually helps to inspire a tigher composed Content and simplified navigational scheme!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• karel
        Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

I agree that the name came up too often on the home page, as its not something someone would put in a search, so I don't think there is any need to. The picture does look streched on the right of the page and a bit distorted.

The haircutting page is not centred with the rest of the site and the page is not really in keeping with the rest of the site, in my opinion you would be better with one template for all the pages and work around that.

I think Vasalli states that the word 'unbalanced' that seems to be what it is at the moment. But I am sure like everyone else you will find the look you are happy with. I personally like to see sites that are neat and tidy,without too much going on.

Good luck Blue

Paul
        www.anxietynomore.co.uk
        The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
        Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
        Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

• webb and romic
          Sergeant Major

• Jan 2007

Hi there
          well done on the site i noticed a couple of things
          first

Salon De Carowe take pride in the educational opportunities our staff takes advantage of to keep in touch with the latest advanced techniques to be able to offer our customers the most up to date trends and fashions in haircutting today.

I had to read it a couple of times to understand the grammar. i think you should re phrase this as it is hard to read.

also your pages have no continuity. as they said above keep to a style for all of your pages clean and well structured. after all that it what you are promoting with you haidr cuts. if your site is messy then it is not a good reflection of your obvious artistic talents. sometimes a website can do more harm than good if not executed wel.
          opt all your pictures as they are stretched and fuzzy.
          you have to spend alot of time on the small details before. when i resized and cropped and edit my pictures it takes longer than doing the layout on the site.
          plus write down what you want on each page

1. links to all pages (at top. at bottom)
          2. what pictures will have links
          that type of thing then you will be more organized
          good luck with it
          james

Comment

Working...
          X