• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ace5548
    Major

• Aug 2006

Re: New BV Store: Please Review

Hi InfoAds,

Thank you for your kind comments. I do appreciate them. I will be working on how to send the products overseas.
    Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

• ace5548
      Major

• Aug 2006

Hello Karen,

I don't know how the email address got into the meta tags when I just put it on the page. Seems something is not quite right. I will also move the email contact us up a bit.

Thank you very much for looking.

I do know enough to not put meta tags anywhere but in the Head section. I don't know how thos got into the other section. I didn't do it. I will see what I can do.
      Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

• ace5548
        Major

• Aug 2006

Hi David,

My wife did some marketing for the site and got an email back with similar information. I don't know how that happened. I just put the meta tags in the space on the page properties where they were supposed to go.

I could take them out, but will that do away with the double header? I'm not sure how to go about this.

I did work hard on getting the site to look good. Now I have all the source code problems that I know should not be there. All the code I used from FP I cleaned up before I put it on the site. I really don't know how the double header came into play. From what I understand the SE's won't like to see it that way.

I am concerned about that.

I am going to put a "buy now" text saying on the categories if I can figure out how to do it.

Thank you very much for your review. If you can think of any way to get rid of the double header please let me know.
        Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

• Karen Mac
          General

• Apr 2006

Ted,

Im not sure. I dont have alot of time right now, I have kids crawling everywhere last two days. I have all three grandkids and one is too little for school yet. I feel sorry for the school. Hes gonna be something else to get to sit in one spot for more than 5 minutes. I never had any quiet or still kids.. wouldnt know what to do with one.

Ill try looking this weekend when I have time to concentrate and look at your coding. Maybe you could just float the second header in bv if its an image over the top instead of two headers.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• beegud2
            Major General

• Apr 2006

Hi Ace,

Very nice and yummy store...lol. I agree with the above comemnts and I really did not notice anything that was off. I do agree though that it would be nice to make the page size a bit smaller but I understand your dilemma. GOOD JOB and good luck with the store.
            Beezz
            sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

You have got your message across. Looks delicious.

Zuriatman.
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• ace5548
                Major

• Aug 2006

Karen,

Thanks,

We are through with the kids stage of our lives. Grandkids live hours away so we don't have them.

I'm still looking to see what went wrong.

One question: when I went into the CP I noticed that I may have sent some files to the file management area instead of the folder for the current site in question. Do you think any of them would affect this store? Does'nt seem so to me if they are not in the correct folder. Anyway, I am thinking about deleting all the files pertaining to this store that are not in the store folder and see if that may help.

My header is an image. I don't know how this woul affect the store source code unless I put a header there and did not delete the header when I sent the one I am using to the store file. I will go look and see.
                Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

• ace5548
                  Major

• Aug 2006

Beezz,

Thank you for the kind words. As you know, everything is a work in progress.
                  Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

• ace5548
                    Major

• Aug 2006

Zuriatman,

Thank you, they are.
                    Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

• ace5548
                      Major

• Aug 2006

Karen,

I took one of the header gifs out and it did not affect the source code at all. I also looked at other pages and the double head is in all of them. I am really now wondering if the double head is coming from the php menu. Do you think this is a possibility?
                      Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

• Karen Mac
                        General

• Apr 2006

Yes Ted.. Very good possibility as I mentioned before. Its one of the problems using the php includes in bv for templates. Most like is where its coming from because each include is its own page, and I dont use it so I dont know how to tell you to take it out. Try catching Beth with that one.. or um.. Naval!

I dont think im ever gonna be thru with kids!.. Unless I MOVE and dont tell them where I am!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• ace5548
                          Major

• Aug 2006

Karen,

Thanks again for your response. I will go the the php thread and ask Naval.

As for the kids. You would have to move to a remote location, preferably at the top of a mountain, not have electricity, phone, or a computer. And, of course, no mail service. It would be disgusting according to todays standards. But with the technical know-how of being able to find anyone on the internet that would be the only way to "get lost" and have nobody be able to find you. I don't think it would be worth the effort. Family always have a way of sniffing out where you are.
                          Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

Working...
                          X