• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hoover
    Private

• Mar 2007

Please review my site

www.fitnesstogetherhoover.com
    Is ready for a review by you guys. Give me your honest opinion.
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Please review my site

Hoover

Looks to be a well thought out and put together site.

i just noted the footer has some odd underlines there for the links.. not sure what thats about exactly. I dont have time to go real in depth.. but the site is looking good.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• beegud2
      Major General

• Apr 2006

Hi,

Nice Site. Links seem to work fine ..the ones i checked. Only thing is you need to center your pages.

Good Job.
      Beezz
      sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

***** page heads and image presentations (might wish to clean up some static images a bit -- seem a little distorted : how did you re-size them?).

Overall layout needs your focused attention with regard to alignments, positioning, and "balance" to a noticble degree.

Personally, I suggest you re-think your presentation of your religious "affiliation": like it or not, it is divisive to your potential client base presented in such a "central" manner.......you may wish to consider cleaning it up a bit and neatly placing it toward the bottom of your page (there is a lot of room, and might help in your tightening the layout balance). Where you have it now really does not seem to fit whatsoever, either within context or site design.
        It is a common understanding that projecting "religon, politics, or money" onto a business will invaribly "characterize" it unfairly or negatively with regard to universal appeal......thus, placement must be as well-thought as the intent (if it remains).

I like the use of php throughout....it is becoming the favored construct of W4 website design.

With some more focused efforts, I am sure your site will emerge an outstanding model of what is possible! Congratulations!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Vasili
          Personally, I suggest you re-think your presentation of your religious "affiliation": like it or not, it is divisive to your potential client base presented in such a "central" manner.......you may wish to consider cleaning it up a bit and neatly placing it toward the bottom of your page (there is a lot of room, and might help in your tightening the layout balance). Where you have it now really does not seem to fit whatsoever, either within context or site design.
          It is a common understanding that projecting "religon, politics, or money" onto a business will invaribly "characterize" it unfairly or negatively with regard to universal appeal......thus, placement must be as well-thought as the intent (if it remains).
          ADDENDUM:

I just recognized the "logo" in the item I was referring to....as that of Virgina Tech, and realized it was your expression of compassionate sympathy.

>> For this lapse of mine I wish to apologize for what may have seemed a harsh comment, but also wish to point out that if I myself was confused or oblivious to this on your website, it may be that I might not be alone.
          It was me that posted the first news wires about this horrible event in VodaTalk's Lounge, so I am quite understanding of your heartfelt efforts....

Different than the symbols and expressions of 9-11, which were mostly displays of the American flag, ribbons of the flag's colors, or similar such designs, your use of the "VT" logo with additional personalizations is rather confusing.....in my opinion.

Again, you may wish to use a border, and less religiously specific text to commmemorate your intent, possibly with something like "Lest We Forget" or even a more innocuous "We Shall Remember You". In this way, you contribute purposefully in an understandable manner without conflicting your sentiments with personalizations.

My initial post only offered guidelines and design standards that are universally accepted, yet I wish not to appear ignorant of these troubled times and how our needs to express ourselves may often be completely individual and full of sincerity.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Hoover
            Private

• Mar 2007

Thanks for the review and I understand that some people have an aversion to religious symbols but I felt that this particular bible verse was very fitting as many many people around the world began to question "why does God let these things happen." Though it may characterize our business in a certain way it is a way that I am aware of and will be gladly characterized that way.
            I never took your comments as harsh or unjust. I am open minded to everyone's views. I have moved the logo to a smaller location at the top of the page. I actually did that before I read your post. I wanted it to stand prominantly for the weekend. I actually had two potential clients submit thier info in the form to the direct left of that logo.
            As for the balance. I agree completely. We are a franchise and this site is directly influenced by what they want our sites to look like. We can do whatever we wish BUT they would rather they look similiar.
            Thanks for all the help.
            Matt

Comment

• aconstas1
              Lieutenant Colonel

• Mar 2007

Looks clean. I like the menu and colors. Viewing in FireFox I did notice a couple of rogue logos at the bottom of your page. I'm not sure if you're gonna leave them there or what the deal is with those...
              overall,
              Well Done!
              Best Regards,
              Alex
              Surveillance Systems
              Restaurant POS | Retail POS
              Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

• SAman
                Major General

• Mar 2007

Hey Matt,
                Nice site. I think you have done a great job. The balance thing doesn't hit me untill I get to the bottom, the empty spot on the left. Maybe if you streatched the two banners, and text over to caver the bottom, it would help. Just a thought.
                Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Working...
                X