• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glenmike
    Master Sergeant

• Aug 2006

Your Review Would Be Appreciated

Hi All! Poppi here. It's been awhile. I've done a redo on the motorcycle website and would appreciate your comments. I removed elements like the blog, forum board, and ride calendar. There was limited to no use, so no point in keeping them.

I'm getting decent hits, but virtually everyone who goes to the site ends up in the photo documentation area... It's essentially a touring review for riders anyway, so no problem with that.

I make about nine bucks a month off the google ads, so they pay for the site.

We'll be adding to the photo gallery when we start our '07 rides in May.

Here's a curious... problem? I used the logo generator from the new BV update. Worked like a peach. However, after uploading the pages I noticed that when I checked the site the logo was absent. Ok, not entirely. If I refresh the page 4-5 times where the logo is missing, it appears. (Anyone see the Illusionist?) Perhaps this effect is only occuring from my computer. (It does not occur on the home index page, only the sub pages.)

Review and tips greatly appreciated!

Hope everyone has been well and prosperous!

Poppi
    A scenic driving guide to New Mexico state. Whether you are looking for a day trip, weekend getaway or planning a road trip, our guides provide you with the perfect scenic drive.
  • aconstas1
    Lieutenant Colonel

• Mar 2007

Re: Your Review Would Be Appreciated

site looked good. I had a little trouble navigating through the gallery, but I did see that i could go home if i wanted to...

Well Done!
    Best Regards,
    Alex
    Surveillance Systems
    Restaurant POS | Retail POS
    Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

I'm not getting your new logo to present for me. (in either IE or AOL).

I notice the newness of your site....looks good!
      Glad to see you back again.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• glenmike
        Master Sergeant

• Aug 2006

Hi Gen. V!

Thank you for verifying that the logo is absent. If you are not seeing it in IE or AOL then it's the same for anyone who is looking at those pages.

This is a bit perplexing. I know the logo is there lurking in the shadows. As noted in the original post... if I click the refresh button 2-4 times, it surfaces. (Could someone else also try that?)

On the "Individual Rides" pages it's also doing the same thing with the map image at the top of the right side column. Had not had that problem until I put the logo element on the page.

I've copied and pasted the logo from the index page to other pages. I've also created it from scratch on several pages. Same result after uploading. The weird part is that this is not happening on the home index page... only on the other pages.

The Help Desk said it's a design problem and sent me back to the forum.

Anyway, I'll mess around with it for a bit longer and if I cannot figure out why it's doing what it's doing, I'll just create a header with something else.

Have a great week ahead!

Poppi
        www.newmexicorides.com

Comment

• glenmike
          Master Sergeant

• Aug 2006

Hi All!

I went ahead and moved the 'missing logo' piece of this into the design forum. Should have done that from the start. Your review of the site is still very much sought.

Poppi
          www.newmexicorides.com

Comment

• Collectors-info
            General

• Feb 2006

Hi, the top logo loaded on all pages I visited.
            Not sure on the menus down on the right. There isn’t any uniformity when you’re in some of the other areas & start getting a bit lost. Ah! You have got 2ish home pages,
            http://www.newmexicorides.com/ & http://www.newmexicorides.com/index.html
            it maybe this that confusing me. (Not hard)
            Might be worth dropping this one http://www.newmexicorides.com/goldscape.jpg down to about 30kb from 1150 kb’s. Makes the page a bit slow on loading.
            Like the yellow background in comparison to the grey.

Good luck.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• glenmike
              Master Sergeant

• Aug 2006

Thanks, Chris! Good stuff.

I'll take a look at all of that.