My first site on the net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first site on the net

Hello everyone, am i newbe at this webpage designing thing, am asking for your honest opinion on my website so i can make any changes.

Re: My first site on the net

Hi there

For the most part it is looking pretty good, you seem to have your navigation down pat, there are a few links not working but I suspect you are working on those ...

Your header appears to be a little squished, you might want to make that a cleaner looking image, have a search around the forums for a post on working with images made by collectors info, it's pretty good information and a few rules of thumb to follow by ...

http://www.southcoastvibz.net/sc_digital.html on this page, your text is kind of large and has dropped down over the upcoming paragraph ... you will need to adjust that ...

On your links page, you will need to apply the links to the images you have chosen to call links, people willl expect to click those and be taken to that link, for those that go away from your own site, set the target to _blank, this will then open their site in it's own window, making sure your site stays open when they close that window ...

Colors are okay, the gradient is nice ... good job, looks like you are well on your way to an interesting and nice site ... a few tweaks and good for you!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hello

Well, you got further than me in the actual design work, so first of all, very well done in getting this far!!

Would you mind me offering positive, constructive critique one page at a time? Can we start with the front page for now, if that is ok with you? Of course, these are my opinions alone, therefore just because I am making suggestions for a few changes, doesn't mean by any stretch of the imagination that you have to implement my recommendations, other individuals may beg to differ from my view.

The most obvious thing that doesn't sit right with me straightaway is right underneath your main banner at the top, your navigation bar in red. I would suggest using the same colour as the yellow that you have on the side, give it a beachfront kind of feel, with your links showing up possibly in a bright blue or turquoise, the same colour as the ocean.

Next, this block of text maybe needs a little tweaking:

Your internet mall for the south coast of jamaica. This is the internet marketplace of now and the future. Take a tour of our menubar and see what we have to offer

This could read thus:

Welcome to the number one internet mall for the entire south coast of Jamaica. This is your marketplace, the place to be right now and long into the future. Please do take a tour of our website via the menubar above to see everything that we have to offer, we guarantee, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Now, right underneath Regional Offices, your text is straggling into the table on the right hand side, that will need attending to, to enable it to look more professional. Whilst your there, maybe consider knocking out the bright red text altogether. For colour combinations that work, consider using a colour swatch from the web, similar to that used by interiour designers.

If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask, I would be delighted to help you in any way that I can.

Good luck with it all!! Get back to the forum if you need to ok!!

Best wishes.

Mark

Comment

You are off to a good start, watch out for the details and you will have a good site.
        -Consider the above comments and look to centering your pages and if possible using better images for your links, i.e "Go Jamaica" is fuzzy vs "Talk Jamaica" which is *****.
        -For your emails, you might want to look at the tutorial on setting up your own email addresses yourname@ southcoastvibz.net sounds more professional than yourname@ serverx.com
        -Also, consider tweaking the text under Regional Offices so it does not appear to (disorderly) overlap.

Good luck
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hi there

If my first site is as good as yours i will be very pleased with myself.

1) You have the navigation that quite a few people building sites forget about.

2) The page isnt to large and you dont have to scrowl around all over the place one of my major gripes, im sure you are tweaking the site all the time.

Good luck with your site.
          Mirelle

Comment

Site looks very nice, just a couple of things I noticed
            1 The navigation buttons did not open any new page when I clicked on them.
            2 I used the "see more of golden sands" link on the home page and when this page opened the names on some of the navigation buttons were the same, i.e. Home x2 etc you might want to take a look at these.

egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com
            egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com
            Computer Software, Magazines and Books

Comment

dead links on the nav

Comment

You have a good start. You have given yourself alot of pages to fill in. The only thing that bothered me about your nav bar at the top was, I clicked on the words before I realized that some of them were drop downs, that sent me to a page not found. I like your colors, and the way you have stuctured the site. You are doing good, keep up the good work!!
                Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Working...
                X